Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trying to hit Gold Cap - getting burned out at 250k

Hello everyone,

I'm shooting for the Gold Cap, but totally getting burned out around 250k.

Anyone else get this way around this point?

Im trying to do the same thing as you, im working on leveling all the professions on one realm first then working on that, I dont think it'll work well for me though lol most gold ive ever had was like 80k

Deleted
    i stoped @ ~300k because it was just so boring. There is just nothing you could spend on that much gold so whats the point? i played the AH a while, it was realy easy and after some weeks i just lost thn intrest. There is no point in more then 150k

Rather just play the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I was originally trying to hit the cold cap before MoP, currently around 640k but haven't been posting for a few weeks now. I was shuffling large amounts of ore every day but after inferno rubies dropped below 200g I kinda lost the will because you had to do so much more ore for the same profit.

lower your goal to 300k, once you reach 300k go for 350k. Work in smaller chunks, do some bgs or dungens between postings. I started getting stuck around 450-500k(because of a bad investment), so started on bgs and rbgs between postings. Almost to my 600k goal, it takes more time, but you don't really gain the feeling of burning out. This has worked for me, so just find something you like to do and then play the AH in between. Hf and gl

Not strictly true that there's nothing to buy once you hit x amount of gold. For instance I bought a TCG mount (the new Fel Hippogryph) for 400k the other week.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Be patient... You will not reach that in just one or two months if you are kind of new to gold making.
    And as others have said, set your goal lower, like 500k and work towards that. That was exactly what i did when i first started to make gold and when i hit 500k i said that i wanted to hit 1M before a certain period and i did reach my goal at approximately when i had said i wanted to reach my goal.
    So just keep a realistic goal and work towards that.
    Last edited by xrayEU; 2012-03-27 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    In november last year I was completely bored with the game, had 2k gold and not a single profession at max. I then said, well, lets make gold. I set my goal straight to 1 million. I must admit, that I did this around the release of patch 4.3, which is an incredible boost. I made 300k gold on one day alone, when the new PvP gear got released. Reached the cap within 25 days of patch 4.3.

Get all professions to max (except skinning and herbalism), check what each profession can sell, and go for it. My biggest money makers are all cata enchants, leatherworking leg armors and maybe also belt buckles.

What you can spend gold for?
    - TCG mounts (I bought two spectral tigers for 1.1 millions in total)
    - other strange stuff, like all expensive AH companions or lich king drops (sylvanas music box)
    - buying ilvl 410 / 416 gear from guilds which have DS HC on farm status
    - buying gear from BH Alizabal drops which some other player won
    - buying boosts in BGs / arena, if this is your thing

I wish we could let others play our character for gold without any risk, to let them do the things we don't like. Things like collecting achievements, grinding reputation, doing quests for mounts and companions etc.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-03-27 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    In november last year I was completely bored with the game, had 2k gold and not a single profession at max. I then said, well, lets make gold. I set my goal straight to 1 million. I must admit, that I did this around the release of patch 4.3, which is an incredible boost. I made 300k gold on one day alone, when the new PvP gear got released. Reached the cap within 25 days of patch 4.3.

Get all professions to max (except skinning and herbalism), check what each profession can sell, and go for it. My biggest money makers are all cata enchants, leatherworking leg armors and maybe also belt buckles.

What you can spend gold for?
    - TCG mounts (I bought two spectral tigers for 1.1 millions in total)
    - other strange stuff, like all expensive AH companions or lich king drops (sylvanas music box)
    - buying ilvl 410 / 416 gear from guilds which have DS HC on farm status
    - buying gear from BH Alizabal drops which some other player won
    - buying boosts in BGs / arena, if this is your thing

I wish we could let others play our character for gold without any risk, to let them do the things we don't like. Things like collecting achievements, grinding reputation, doing quests for mounts and companions etc.
    What he said basically, the best time to start is a couple of months before a patch hits so you can buy out a popular market, such as gems. Then wait for the patch to hit and prices to go through the roof. On most realms though right now, you've probably missed the best part of the price hikes. May need to wait until either 5.0 hits, depending on what they release with that, or for the expansion.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Starting to make gold right now trying to go from 5000g to 250k g...
    Got Alchemy Jc Leatherworking Enachnting incscription and herbalism an full archy skills

Pro tip if your going to farm be sure to be a dr00d tuarens preferd

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 11:35 AM ----------

Another fun thing i use to do is to just get on a tanking char of some sort and start chian pulling like mad in mc for a chance of some blood of mountain that gose for around 900-1700 g on most servers

My realm price for lava core and fiery bolt is now 200g per item xD

Also if you are a death knight or hunter and don't have any gold

Solo raids as Tk and mount hyjal and you'll have around 2.5g when your done
    Last edited by Orasay1996; 2012-03-27 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    Another fun thing i use to do is to just get on a tanking char of some sort and start chian pulling like mad in mc for a chance of some blood of mountain that gose for around 900-1700 g on most servers
    The only mobs in MC that drop Blood of the Mountain are Molten Destroyers. If you don't kill any bosses in MC you can clear all of them up to Garr, (they don't spawn past him) then zone out, reset the instance, and go again. (If you've done the MC attunement quest, Lothos Riftwalker will port you there WITHOUT THE NEED FOR A RAID GROUP.) You can also rarely get them from mining Dark Iron Deposits there as well, if you're a miner.

The chain pulling would help with the Fiery Cores, Lava Cores, and Essences of Fire....all of which are materials to make Sulfuras, the legendary mace.
    Last edited by TommyJohn; 2012-03-28 at 05:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon finder the CTA and you earn big bucks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's the end of the xpac, so it might not be a great time to be working on gold caps. Furthermore, how are you addressing your gold making? Are you camping on the AH or are you involved in riskier activities like flipping pets/haunted mementos/underpriced rare enchants?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got stuck at around 400k for a few months, but now im rocking and rolling at around 700k. Me and a friend are racing to it, with the winner getting a meal out bought for them in a restaurant of there choosing - Betting does indeed make the game funner.

Yeah, curious, how are you guys making so much gold? Just wondering.*
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had 30k after buying a TGC mount, around the middle of Firelands, I wasn't doing much at the time, I then started to do the ore shuffle. I wanted to make it to 500k before MoP, which I didn't think I would do, I am now at 470k, but have not done much the last few months. Just keep trying and you will eventually get there.
    Thanks to Eis for the awesome sig.
    (Main)
    Kyllaa Syliria Compactdisc

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Yeah, curious, how are you guys making so much gold? Just wondering.*
    How? Camp AH, research the market and figure out ways that gives you good profit in the shortest time aka high GPH.

I would be happy if I could reach 50k, but unfortunally there is always something I spend money on. so rarely above 40k, usually around 30k

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't hit 1.5 mil. Everytime I get close TCGs pop up for me to buy.