Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You can't make blanket accusations against us like that.
    Blanket accusations are permitted, so long as they're anti US.

Not by the admins, they're usually good about keeping this crap under control. But by the readers...yah, SOP.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Just to blow the thread completely off the rails. Here's a black man being racist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1PMVvfjDM. Suddenly it's funny...

Actually: here's reggie d on fried chicken (near the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlmVy...ture=endscreen
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-03-27 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

The guy with all the faces on his shirt in the second video said it best: "We don't need an American filter on everything."

Why would you expect that a commercial aired in a foreign country, for a foreign audience, is created with the American ideas of what is and isn't okay?

Racism is real and wrong, but in an incident like this, it's absurd to play the race card.

Its not racist at all.

There might be a bit of stereotyping there, but its not done in a negative of mean-spirited way. Not even a little bit. I swear, some people just need to have their political axe taken away from them and then have it used to chop their own damn head off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Just to blow the thread completely off the rails. Here's a black man being racist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1PMVvfjDM. Suddenly it's funny...

Actually: here's reggie d on fried chicken (near the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlmVy...ture=endscreen
    I don't even care, that was pretty damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    That's not fair. There are multiple Americans in this thread saying the commercial is perfectly acceptable, and you're blatantly ignoring that. You can't make blanket accusations against us like that.
    When did I make the blanket statement that all Americans are stupid? An example of stupid Americans doesn't mean all Americans are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    On yet another note America =/= the world, do Australians get up in arms when you wear your "coon" skin caps, a racially charged term for an Aborigine.
    "Coon" is a racially charged term for anyone of color in America, though I've never been called a racist for talking about a racoon. Also, I don't believe i've ever seen anyone, in the history of my life, wearing a coonskin cap besides Davy Crockett and even that was invented by Disney in a 1950's TV show. He never wore one in real life.

Also, it's called a coonskin cap...not a "coon" skin cap. You can't just pick out the parts of the word and use it as an example because it may or may not be offensive IF used in an offensive way.

It's like calling me a rapist because i said, "I like grapes!"

Take your own advice about trying to dredge up a controversy.

The only way to end racism is to stop looking for it in every tiny thing.

Also, there is a difference between racial stereotyping and racism:

rac·ism [rey-siz-uhm]

noun
    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I don't see how the stereotype of black people liking fried chicken can be construed as an inherent difference that determines the culture or individual achievement of black people, or how white people, or any other ethnicity, is superior to black people, or has the right to rule them, because black people like fried chicken more than them. Nor is there a White People Who Don't Like Fried Chicken Political Party. And last I checked, I don't think anyone could hate or not tolerate someone just because they're black and like fried chicken.

Except maybe a rabid vegan, but they'd hate a white person who liked fried chicken too.

Want to know why it's a racial stereotype? Because traditionally, black people do eat it. Fried chicken is one of the most famous aspects of soul food, which is a modern style of cooking, made famous by black people in the 60's, that has its roots in true African traditions, before the times of slavery. Of course, fried chicken is a lot more recent of a development than many other aspects of soul food, and people of all ethnic backgrounds have grown to love soul food.

There's plenty of racial stereotyping in entertainment and the media for every ethnicity. Personally, I couldn't tell you any of them for White people, but I can guarantee you that I'm probably guilty of most of them. And black people probably wouldn't find stuff like this racist if it weren't for white people trying so hard not to be racist that they have to point out every tiny little thing that is "racist" and shove it down everyone's throat.

Back when I was so adamantly opposed to this sort of "racism" myself, I once showed a close black friend of mine something that was supposedly racist for stereotyping blacks with their love of fried chicken. Pardon the language, but his exact response was "How's that racist? I fucking love fried chicken!" No lie, that night (I was at his house for his birthday, we were just sorta sitting around all day playing video games with his brothers), his grandma made some of the best damn fried chicken I've ever had!

It's no more racist than the depiction of Germans as loving sauerkraut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an Aussie I can't help but agree with the Aussies in the second video.

i love how poeple love to whine about racism for evrything.. its a new mode

LOL RACIST
    RACIST LOL
    hey he looked at me are you racist?!

serously this just bores me and shows me how retarded humanity is still thinking in therms of skin color..
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2012-03-27 at 02:48 AM.

Just because it is a sterotype for Black People to really enjoy fried chicken in America does not mean it is the same for the rest of the world...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Blanket accusations are permitted, so long as they're anti US.

Not by the admins, they're usually good about keeping this crap under control. But by the readers...yah, SOP.
    that's probably because americans are offended by it

what kind of stereotype is there about people in the UK? they're all pansy english fucks who sip tea w/ a crumpet every day and believe all americans are stupid and feel the need to let them know that that's what they think?

i mean, it definitely has some material in there to be a stereotype
    like, all people in the UK have enough time to sit on their ass and tell americans that they are moronic
    but i dunno, doesn't really stick or have a nice ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by Amuramie View Post
    The guy with all the faces on his shirt in the second video said it best: "We don't need an American filter on everything."
    he also said that kfc is an American Company and if they wanted to be offended by a white man giving black people fried chicken, that's their own damn problem to do with what they please.

Not racist. If you look at everything through race-tinted glasses, everything can come off as racist. I'm pigment-impaired (white) and love fried chicken.

FOr that matter, Fried Chicken for Warchief!
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

I'm convinced that the people offended by supposedly racist media ads are often not even apart of the racial group that "should be offended".

15+ Year Old Account
    7pm project is the worst show, all the hosts are airheads
    Sig by Safhira

The good thing about Australia is that you don't have to walk on egg-shells when around black people (or white people who pretend to get offended), like you have to in the US.

Glad I live in Australia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Do you think this add is racist? I think people are taking it too far.
    What prompted you to dredge up this old "controversy?" This was all settled years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    what if it was a black man in a crowd of white people? I would go for the chicken too.

There is nothing racist about him sitting there in the "wrong" rugby team shirt. Just coz theyre negroes doesnt mean its racism... Theres too much politically correct these days. too much, even TinTin and old Donald Duck get censored...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkulese View Post
    When did I make the blanket statement that all Americans are stupid? An example of stupid Americans doesn't mean all Americans are stupid.
    Your statement was phrased in a way that implied that being American is directly related to being stupid.