Deleted

[Ret] Crusader Strike MoP

I love all this changes they are doing to us in MoP, some of them look pretty awesome and despite losing some good stuff they are compensating it (for example no spell benefit from ap to get some awesome instant WoG heals but instead having a 1.5 sec cd on WoG).

But my question is related to Crusader Strike. It seems that the new "Divine Storm" will be Hammer of the Righteous, which will share cd with Crusader Strike and give 1 HP.

My concern is that it looks like Crusader Strike is not going to give any HP, is this right? On the MoP's Talent Calculator if you search for Crusader Strike it doesn't say anything about giving HP, but I think this has no sense if Hammer of the Righteous is giving us HP and Crusader Strike doesn't.

Can somebody explain this to me? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Deleted
    From the videos I have seen, Crusader Strike is still currently giving Holy Power.

Deleted
    Yeah it certainly will still give HP.

Current divine storm will be a finnisher move, replacing templar's verdict in Aoe situations.

Hammer of the righteous will be turned into our current divine storm.

Single target DPS'ing; Crusdar strike + Templar's Verdict.

AoE DPS; Hammer of the Righteous + Divine storm.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    Current divine storm will be a finnisher move, replacing templar's verdict in Aoe situations.

Hammer of the righteous will be turned into our current divine storm.

Single target DPS'ing; Crusdar strike + Templar's Verdict.

AoE DPS; Hammer of the Righteous + Divine storm.
    According to the current numbers, the cut-off for AOE is going to be higher than live, though. Live is 4. Divine Storm in MoP does 50% weapon damage so the cutoff for it to be better is 6+ targets, which is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    According to the current numbers, the cut-off for AOE is going to be higher than live, though. Live is 4. Divine Storm in MoP does 50% weapon damage so the cutoff for it to be better is 6+ targets, which is stupid.
    So one of two things will happen:

1.) We'll be seeing definitive AoE situations where 6+ adds will be baseline (only likely if all other melee DPS AoE is at roughly the same target swap).
    2.) The numbers will get tweaked accordingly (since that's what beta is all about).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Will it apply Censure to multiple targets?
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabOC80 View Post
    Will it apply Censure to multiple targets?
    Probably not as it has never done that, and it is only melee hitting your target and dealing aoe holy damage.

Assumeing we're talking about HotR, with Divine Storm you won't be melee hitting anything so divine storm shouldn't apply any seal effects besides SoR which it does now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I correct in saying that Crusader Strike is the only strike that actually had the damage buffed?

I was just looking through the notes and that seems to be the case

Lucky Pallys :-P
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Once we get to testing level 90 I'm sure numbers will be tweaked, I can't see Blizz reworking us and giving us a proper AoE rotation, and making the damage coefficients so low that they would rarely be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Am I correct in saying that Crusader Strike is the only strike that actually had the damage buffed?

I was just looking through the notes and that seems to be the case

Lucky Pallys :-P
    Actually, it's been lowered a bit. On live it's 176% weapon weapon damage, after Crusader.

EDIT: Yeah Divine Storm is Holy damage, so that may influence its damage a bit, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-03-27 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    So one of two things will happen:

1.) We'll be seeing definitive AoE situations where 6+ adds will be baseline (only likely if all other melee DPS AoE is at roughly the same target swap).
    2.) The numbers will get tweaked accordingly (since that's what beta is all about).
    Stabbing in the wild here, but DS is now Holy Damage. Will that affect the cutoff point?