Poll: How would you rate your taste?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Most people I know say I have an incredibly amazing taste in music, It comes with the fact I will listen TO ANYTHING literally ANYTHING, But Im also EXTREMELY picky, It has to have a certain sound to its beat(If it has one, or just sound good period with the insturments used in it), I usually look for songs that have meaningful lyrics, but I do also like alot of songs that don't(This is why I actually lean towards love songs or songs about life and stuff. Even thou I like ALOT of songs that ain't like this, Like dubstep). I've shown the music I listen to, too people who don't like it or have never listen to it before and they 90% of the time end up loving the band/song. :P

But once again, all taste in ANYTHING is subjective too the individual, some may hate, rap , dubstep, country, ect well other will abosultely love it, doesn't make it terrible just because you yourself do not like said genre
    Last edited by Burnick; 2012-03-27 at 10:38 PM.

Yes, yes I do.

Even though you explained it I still think this is the dumbest question ever.

Anyway I think I have very good taste in music because it's not the generic/simple radio crap that everybody I know seems to listen to. I prefer music that has strong meaning, conviction, and emotion behind it that provokes thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    My taste in music is outstanding because i dont listen to dubstep, hip-hop, rap, or country.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted poor because having good taste in music is too mainstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I just realized the meaning behind your avatar.

/shiver

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my favorite artist/band is Sublime.... anybody else like them too?

I voted poor because I don't listen to beiber

Deleted
    It depends, do you people like this type of music?

If not, well, fuck you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think music is about what it makes us feel, period. If Justin Bieber makes you feel something, there's nothing wrong with that.

I think people get on a high horse regarding music:
    1. Boo! People who do it for money suck! Um, even classical composers did it for teh moneh.
    2. People don't write their own music! It's been centuries since the model of people interpreting others' music was established. Are plays less of an art if Shakespeare doesn't play his own plays? Does Swan Lake need to be danced and played by Tchaikovsky to be relevant?
    3. Pop music sucks! Again, it's about entertainment, if pop music sucks, go listen to Mahler, not random bar band.
    4. X is better singer/band/player than Y technique-wise! Even in classical music you find people who are amazing at their technique but carry no feeling. Music is about making you feel.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyzor View Post
    Even though you explained it I still think this is the dumbest question ever.

Anyway I think I have very good taste in music because it's not the generic/simple radio crap that everybody I know seems to listen to. I prefer music that has strong meaning, conviction, and emotion behind it that provokes thought.
    I know people who attended Juilliard who go crazy over Lady Gaga.

First off, I know that categorizing something as good or bad is extremely subjective
    There is no such thing as good or bad taste in music. There, I said it. Now let's all abandon this silly thread.

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    I think music is about what it makes us feel, period. If Justin Bieber makes you feel something, there's nothing wrong with that.

I think people get on a high horse regarding music:
    1. Boo! People who do it for money suck! Um, even classical composers did it for teh moneh.
    2. People don't write their own music! It's been centuries since the model of people interpreting others' music was established. Are plays less of an art if Shakespeare doesn't play his own plays? Does Swan Lake need to be danced and played by Tchaikovsky to be relevant?
    3. Pop music sucks! Again, it's about entertainment, if pop music sucks, go listen to Mahler, not random bar band.
    4. X is better singer/band/player than Y technique-wise! Even in classical music you find people who are amazing at their technique but carry no feeling. Music is about making you feel..
    1. The difference is most classical composers had tremendous skill...at least the lasting ones that are still relevant today.
    2. I don't think people have an issue with people performing others works. When you go see King Leer, or Swan Lake you know you are seeing something composed by Shakespeare or Tchaikovsky. Modern musical acts give no allusion to the original artist and it chaps me how instrumental record companies and producers are to manufacturing these acts.
    3. Agree completely. Side note. Never could get into Mahler...I AM on a big Dvorak kick right now.
    4. Agree here as well. The Beatles, for instance, no where near what i would call technical in their craft at the beginning of their rein. many of their early songs are just 2 or three chords and they are still awesome songs today.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder how many people in here listen to TWO STEP FROM HELL ?

Deleted
    I listen to everything if my ears like it and my brains respect it.

f.e. Bieber is a no-no while, Queen is a yes-yes. 50 cent is a no-no while Tupac is a yes-yes. I also tend to like songs from my generation. As does everyone else I assume?

In specific genres (mostly orchestral and video game music), yeah. In genres I'm not so familiar with, nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    i wonder how many people in here listen to TWO STEP FROM HELL ?
    I prefer two step from heaven.

Bask in my amazing music taste.
    Last edited by mmoc5802fe7f7d; 2012-03-27 at 11:55 PM.

People wish they were as musically classy a motherfucker as me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As you mentioned you can't say one type of music is good or bad in terms of enjoyability, since all kinds of music have different purposes. In terms of creativity, and technical execution of songs, yes i do.

Most simplistic music isn't creative, basicly. It makes sense too - it's hard to make something new out of fewer building blocks. If
    Last edited by mea; 2012-03-28 at 12:02 AM.

Taste is subjective.
    I have varied taste in music which includes some which I would deem perhaps bad taste, typically that deemed cheesy.
    Personally I have little interest in the typically popular music.

well while the poll said they ARE jealous of my taste in realitiy the SHOULD BE jealous of my taste in music.
    But yes my taste in music is awesome and I know a hell a lot of music so I know!
    Im not proud of many things but my taste of music is probably, well not probably but IT IS the best taste in music anyone on this god damn planet has!

edit says: This is not trolling I am serious about it. Im listening to music above 90% of my awake time and without it I probably wouldve killed myself long ago.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wentwell View Post
    It depends, do you people like this type of music?

If not, well, fuck you.
    I do, but only the first times i heard almost the exact same individual musical performance on every instrument