Leveling is Lagging On... seeking motivation

So I played rift at launch and the leveling just got kind of boring for me so I quit. Here I am a year later and hear everyone talk about how wonderful Rift is at 50 and its a whole different game. So I signed up again and I'm at 32 now and the boredom of leveling has overcome me again. Although I like closing Rifts the repitition along with the generic questing mechanic has me at the point of quitting again. Is there any saving grace to the next few levels as I approach 50? I really want to see what everyone is talking about but these hours of drudgery have gotten a bit much to bear. In most MMOs I've played leveling was my favorite part! I don't want to quit but at this point I'm not opening the launcher when I get home from work.

Run some dungeons, they're pretty damn good for XP. If you can, try and find someone to level with. When I leveled up my cleric I was leveling with a good friend on his warrior, so we got to do a lot of silly things while questing.

Sadly, the leveling process isn't that great, especially compared to the rest of the game. Stick it out until level 46 (I think?), then you can just blast to 50 through Instant Adventures (which are pretty damn fun if you have an active server) and get a ton of the rift based currency out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain I'm not into leveling either in any game. (that includes SWTOR & WoW) as Edgecrusher says make it to level 45 for Instant Adventures and you can blast through the last 5 levels and then the game begins. (Dungeons and PVP both reward decent experience)

Good Luck!

You obviously are not new to the leveling grind but I think your too focused on 50 right now. Maybe your putting to much time in the game right now trying to get to 50 and are getting disappointed? (maybe)

Instant adventure sounds really neat, sadly I am not to that level yet. I would say try to just enjoy your self and try different things as your leveling. Not worrying about when you make 50.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Is there any saving grace to the next few levels as I approach 50?
    Some of the storyline chains in the later levels are pretty cool. My advice to you is to mix it up a bit more, do some PvP, do some dungeons, and when you get to 45 definitely do Instant Adventures (you'll do the last 5 levels faster than the previous 15).

• Since IA came in it's about making it to 45, so really you only have 13 levels to go, which isn't so bad.
    • Try to not think about how far it is, and just crack on, racing through stuff as fast as possible. Putting it off makes it feel like a chore, same as anything else in life.
    • Set yourself a challenge to see how much XP you can make in an hour through quests, then PvP, then dungeons. This will give you an idea how long it will take to level up and you'll find a fast way of levelling.
    • Don't go around mobs as you quest, kill everything, XP will be faster.
    • PvP might feel like crap because at 32 you're in the lower end of a bracket and some of the twinks will face roll you or even your whole team, but the XP from PvP is some of the fastest you can get, especially if it's Escalation weekend for that warfront. If it's Escalation in a warfront you should get in there as much as you can!

It really is worth it. If you can find a friend to do some PvP with it goes really fast that way. I was queueing with my brother to level a rogue lately, we both twinked a bit thanks to all the world currency you can get during this holiday, and had a blast levelling purely in warfronts. The bonus weekends helped a lot. At 45 we did IA's, took 5hrs to get the last 5 levels (with XP vials).

Good luck

So I played rift at launch and the leveling just got kind of boring for me so I quit. Here I am a year later and hear everyone talk about how wonderful Rift is at 50 and its a whole different game. So I signed up again and I'm at 32 now and the boredom of leveling has overcome me again. Although I like closing Rifts the repitition along with the generic questing mechanic has me at the point of quitting again. Is there any saving grace to the next few levels as I approach 50? I really want to see what everyone is talking about but these hours of drudgery have gotten a bit much to bear. In most MMOs I've played leveling was my favorite part! I don't want to quit but at this point I'm not opening the launcher when I get home from work.
    Pick a completely different spec, learn it, and level with it for a bit. If you're in a solo questing build, research some AoE specs for your calling (rogue, warrior, cleric or mage?) and run with that, or switch you AoE leveling spec to a single target one instead.

At 50 you're going to want all 6 alt specs at your disposal. Use the leveling process to learn as much about your calling's potential as possible. It'll save you from looking like a crap player in groups later when you need to spec for something specific and have no clue what you're doing. More than that, it'll keep you distracted while you work through content or zones you deem boring.

Anyway, keep at it. After Scarwood Reach the zones get more interesting and distinctive. Be sure to level professions as you go, and seek out the hidden cairns and puzzles in each zone as little side-distractions. They'll provide you some nice upgrades to keep you going.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    and seek out the hidden cairns and puzzles in each zone as little side-distractions. They'll provide you some nice upgrades to keep you going.
    I am not aware of this can you point me in a direction where I can read about it?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystark View Post
    I am not aware of this can you point me in a direction where I can read about it?
    Here are some guides with locations and if you wish, solutions: SPOILERS!

There are two "hidden" types of objects in each zone: A Cairn, and a puzzle.

The Cairns are mounds of dirt/rock that mark a burial site and produce a single random zone level appropriate piece of gear (varying from green to purple quality). They're often found hidden up in the mountains or along a high, nestled ridge. Many of the neutral zones in the game have 2 cairns, one location for each faction (but lootable by both). You can only loot each one once, but they're a real potential boon for updated gear as you level.

The Puzzles are exactly that, interactable puzzles hidden in a hard-to-reach or unexpected area. Each one is different and requires a different strategy to complete. Completing each one will reward you with the same sort of rewards as cairns.

Cairns:

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Cairn : Also provides map coordinates for each one

Puzzles:

http://www.kfguides.com/rift/puzzlesguide.php#5

Thank you everyone. Fantastic info. I'm a cleric and was leveling as Inquisitor and running Warden in dungeons. As of late though I've just been dropping things with Cabalist, it makes Rifts go by much quicker.

Thank you everyone. Fantastic info. I'm a cleric and was leveling as Inquisitor and running Warden in dungeons. As of late though I've just been dropping things with Cabalist, it makes Rifts go by much quicker.
    Next to Rogues, Clerics have no excuse for boredom while leveling

Try out the Duracell Cleric build for grinding through rifts and mobs in record time. It's a bit of a cheap 1-button spec, but it definitely adds some fun and tests how hard you can push your character.

When you hit 40 or so, you can really start pushing AoE with near-full Inq spec. It'll no long play like the build you've been leveling with, so don't hesitate trying it again later.