Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you don't want to do something, you can just tell your boss "fuck you" to his face and you won't have to be worried about getting fired
    No, no not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    While I will say Unions do a lot of good and we would probably be working slave wages without them, I personally feel part of the reason the US is in an economic decline is because they are so powerful. If you don't want to do something, you can just tell your boss "fuck you" to his face and you won't have to be worried about getting fired... at many places you can literally sleep on the job. How is a business supposed to profit with things like this? There definitely needs to be some form of moderation.
    As I said before, Unions are becoming a problem, but ultimately there isnt anything anyone can do atm to fix the issues with them. Thats because if you try to restrict the freedoms of Unions you give power directly back to Companies where they can find loopholes in the system to undermine the original intent of Unions to begin with, which is to prevent Companies from manipulating their Employees for profit.

Something should be done, but no one has come up with an idea that will work. And damn sure abolishing them will only make the problem a million times worse than it is.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Perhaps you should look into the reasons they were created in the first place and you may reconsider. Just because the system has many flaws does not inherently mean it's the wrong course of action.
    indeed. For example, the US government has flaws. That doesn't mean we should just destroy washington DC and start from scratch in anarchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No, no not really.

The sad part is, yes really. Not all of them, but there are many where you *can* do this, as well as other things such as showing up to work drunk, and not lose your job.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    As I said before, Unions are becoming a problem, but ultimately there isnt anything anyone can do atm to fix the issues with them. Thats because if you try to restrict the freedoms of Unions you give power directly back to Companies where they can find loopholes in the system to undermine the original intent of Unions to begin with, which is to prevent Companies from manipulating their Employees for profit.

Something should be done, but no one has come up with an idea that will work. And damn sure abolishing them will only make the problem a million times worse than it is.
    I definitely think that they should not be abolished, but there *needs* to be some level of moderation involved. I don't have all the answers obviously, but the Unions *can* be just as abusive as the corporations when left unchecked.