Renting a room (Flea infestation)?

I've been renting a room for 3 years now and had no problems. Became good friends with the dude actually. Lately there has been a flea infestation because of the dog he has. We are friends but he is cheap and lazy. It has gotten so bad I have 40+ flea bites from sleeping in my bed. I can't walk more than 5 steps in my room without getting 2 fleas to hop on my legs/ feet. Is there some standard he must uphold as I am a legal roommate? Or am I just fucked because it's his house? I'm sure most of you here don't know much about the legal system but then again maybe some of you are in college. So it's worth a shot.
    P.S. he owns other property and leases to the U.S. Government for people in aid. (I live in Florida)

since you're just renting a ROOM, you're fucked.

If it was an apartment, would be a different story.

15+ Year Old Account
    start investing in decontamination procedures. If that fails.. move lol.

Yea, I'm going to my local Lowe's / Home Depot to buy one of those bug bombs and use it in my room, wash and re dry all my clothes and such. I'm also going to explain that whatever I have to spend extra is going to come out of the rent and why.

Sound fair?

Tell him to give his dog a fuckin' bath.

Legally though, I don't think (though I'm not expert) there's much you can do. Renting rooms typically don't have any contracts, so it's playing it by ear.

Take it out of the rent, see how that flies.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

My dog has had fleas twice now (mother fucker, stop going into fox dens) and I can tell you Flea collars DO NOT WORK. Get a spray and a gel and when your friend is gone spay the shit out the dogs bed and your bed and then use the gel on the dog. It usually works for 4 months or so, then if they come back you gotta do it again. If there is a locally owned pet shop that is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    My dog has had fleas twice now (mother fucker, stop going into fox dens) and I can tell you Flea collars DO NOT WORK. Get a spray and a gel and when your friend is gone spay the shit out the dogs bed and your bed and then use the gel on the dog. It usually works for 4 months or so, then if they come back you gotta do it again. If there is a locally owned pet shop that is your best bet.
    Aye, there are ways to get rid of fleas.

If you plan on flea-bombing I think you have to be out of the house for like 24 hours because those chemicals are dangerous, if I recall.

I would talk to him before you purchase anything about it coming out of Rent, because unless you signed a lease I believe he is just technically doing you a favor and can boot you out at any time for any reason he likes.