[MoP] what's that projectile thing?

I noticed warlocks are shooting a projectile when they use demonic slashs on videos. what is it? it looks very different from normal shadow bolts and I can't find it or what triggers it anywhere on MMO champion or Wowhead. I'm not even sure it's triggered by demonic slashes lol

you can see them right at the beginning of this video

Last edited by checking facts; 2012-03-28 at 06:14 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I... have no clue...

Deleted
    I have a feeling it's demo's new auto attack, since I guess they are keeping in with the caster melee form thing...
    Not on the beta yet, so can't actually confirm!

That's Demonic Slash. Not sure what you were expecting.

The melee attack looks like the old shadow bolt. The long black beam is what Fel Flame turns into, hits everything in a line in front of you.

The music in that video is rather... unfitting for a Warlock...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's Demonic Slash. Not sure what you were expecting.

The melee attack looks like the old shadow bolt. The long black beam is what Fel Flame turns into, hits everything in a line in front of you.

The music in that video is rather... unfitting for a Warlock...
    I'm not on beta, so I don't know, but that doesn't look like a shadow bolt. it looks gray and less solid than a shadow bolt.

also projectile =/= beam

Demonic Slash != melee attack. Demonic Slash is that pale gray thing at the beginning of the video.

Metamorphosis also gives you a modified melee attack(that should work at 20y according to the tooltip, but doesn't seem to fire beyond normal melee range currently) that looks like the old Shadow Bolt and refreshes Corruption. You can see it around the 50s mark in the video. Demonic Slash does not reset the swing timer, so you can actually fire those off while slashing away.

Fel Flame is a bit after that. It looks the same as Zon'ozz lifeleech-beam in Dragon Soul. And where did i say that a beam was a projectile?

because I was asking about projectiles and you described the twilight ray (the beam version of fel flame)

Deleted
    Doesn't matter, they will probably just remove it!