My computer fan is really loud

A year ago I replaced the motherboard in my computer, and ever since the fan has been really loud. It is so loud you can hear it from down stairs. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing it? Thanks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    AMD Phenom II X4 910
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78LT-M (AM3)
    768MB GeForce GTX 460 (nVidia)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine does it when it needs cleaning... but that's about as technical as i get, sorry

Thanks, but I don't think it's an issue of cleanliness. I have cleaned it many times since It started being loud.

Try plugging the troublesome fan into another 3PIN connector on your mainboard, the one it's plugged into now could just be faulty. Otherwise, the fan may just be done, and needs replaced -- they aren't that expensive, unless you want one with LEDs.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

did you check where the noise come from? it could be your cpu fan, psu fan, graphic card fan etc.. I use to have clunking noise coming out of my computer, then I found out it was coming out from my power supply fan. So I went out to home depot and bought a 3on1 oil for like 2 to 4 dollars, open up the fan and drop 2 to 4 drops of oil into the fan and let it run for 1 or 2 hours and problem fixed.