Collecting every JC recipe in the game.

I know it's a pretty daunting task, maybe even a fool's errand. The daily quest/token recipes will take me at least a year just by themselves. However, it's what I've been working on lately and it's given me something interesting to do until the next expansion.

My question is regarding many of the old world drop BC jewelcrafting designs. Is there any real way to farm them? I've been soloing a lot of BC heroics lately and haven't come across a single drop. Are they just that rare, or do they perhaps drop in lower level settings? Will my best hope just be to spend thousands of gold as they trickle onto the AH? Looking for some advice/thoughts.

I have the Pendant of Sunfire on Darkspear Alliance. If you want it.

Pretty much just look for them on the ah.

If you want to farm heroics find some that have patterns that drop only in those dungeons, for example there is a ring pattern that only drops in steamvaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I know it's a pretty daunting task, maybe even a fool's errand. The daily quest/token recipes will take me at least a year just by themselves. However, it's what I've been working on lately and it's given me something interesting to do until the next expansion.

My question is regarding many of the old world drop BC jewelcrafting designs. Is there any real way to farm them? I've been soloing a lot of BC heroics lately and haven't come across a single drop. Are they just that rare, or do they perhaps drop in lower level settings? Will my best hope just be to spend thousands of gold as they trickle onto the AH? Looking for some advice/thoughts.
    Some of them are BoP unfortunately, so AH is out of the question if you want 'all'. I do highly recommend an addon like i used to use, not sure if its still updated these days, Akis Recipe List. Would list every known recipe for the professions you have, what you are missing, and places to get them. Helped me loads when i was getting the cooking achievements.

But yeah, will takes loads of running old school dungeons, and even raids to get all of the BoP stuff. Plus a good watch on the AH for the BoE ones. Plus of course doing the dailies for cata and LK recipes if you dont already have those. Do not forget about things like the titanium dusts and waterlogged scroll i think it was, for the LK JC tokens. speeds things WAAAYYY up on that front.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 03:35 AM ----------

crap, mixed up my profs, was waterlogged recipe i was thinking, for LK cooking tokens but still can get the dusts for JC tokens.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    I have the Pendant of Sunfire on Darkspear Alliance. If you want it.
    Wish I could get it from you, but it'd be tough getting it from Darkspear Alliance to Moon Guard Horde. xD

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    Pretty much just look for them on the ah.

If you want to farm heroics find some that have patterns that drop only in those dungeons, for example there is a ring pattern that only drops in steamvaults.
    Yep, there's a bunch of specific BoPs that I've gotten already.

Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    Some of them are BoP unfortunately, so AH is out of the question if you want 'all'. I do highly recommend an addon like i used to use, not sure if its still updated these days, Akis Recipe List. Would list every known recipe for the professions you have, what you are missing, and places to get them. Helped me loads when i was getting the cooking achievements.

But yeah, will takes loads of running old school dungeons, and even raids to get all of the BoP stuff. Plus a good watch on the AH for the BoE ones. Plus of course doing the dailies for cata and LK recipes if you dont already have those. Do not forget about things like the titanium dusts and waterlogged scroll i think it was, for the LK JC tokens. speeds things WAAAYYY up on that front.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 03:35 AM ----------

crap, mixed up my profs, was waterlogged recipe i was thinking, for LK cooking tokens but still can get the dusts for JC tokens.
    Yep, I use Acki's Recipe List. It's helped quite a bit as a "checklist" of sorts. I actually have most of, if not all the BoP BC ones now. Now I'm just looking for world drop and Sunwell drop recipes out of BC content. I also do the LK and Cata dailies every day.

I think I'll just continue to run BC heroics to see if I can't get a drop. I just haven't seen a single BoE recipe that didn't come out of the AH yet.

Deleted
    Gosh ....insane. If you are an active jc then old recipes are just an annoyance. GL, but I can think of more fun things to do.

Just check the AH daily and do BC and WotLK heroics. If you're lucky you can find rare BoE world drop patterns rather cheaply (found the Engineering Major Recombulator one for 500 gold the other day, and another are Alchemy recipe for just over 200 gold). Acki's recipe list is/was a great AddOn for finding patterns. It lists which mobs/bosses drop a particular pattern, and which ones are world drops.

And of course do the JC dailies (both Dalaran and SW/Org) as often as you can. The WotLK patterns can also be bought by prospecting Titanium Ore.

SWP patterns are insanely hard to acquire, there are 3 of those and all 3 are BoP. I have been in so many SWP runs yet to see one to drop. Even world drop patterns are easier to get because all people do at least some levelling in the world. There are a lot of trash before first boss in SWP if you want to check your luck on drops, easily soloable by DKs (only one advice - if you will see Sunblade Slayer in the trash pack - they must die first and FAST, they are capable of killing anyone in few seconds but everything else is easy).
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-03-29 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Just check the AH daily and do BC and WotLK heroics. If you're lucky you can find rare BoE world drop patterns rather cheaply (found the Engineering Major Recombulator one for 500 gold the other day, and another are Alchemy recipe for just over 200 gold). Acki's recipe list is/was a great AddOn for finding patterns. It lists which mobs/bosses drop a particular pattern, and which ones are world drops.

And of course do the JC dailies (both Dalaran and SW/Org) as often as you can. The WotLK patterns can also be bought by prospecting Titanium Ore.
    Found the Felsteel Longblade recipe the other day, sold it for 4k. The heroics can be pretty profitable even if you're not getting the recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    SWP patterns are insanely hard to acquire, there are 3 of those and all 3 are BoP. I have been in so many SWP runs yet to see one to drop. Even world drop patterns are easier to get because all people do at least some levelling in the world. There are a lot of trash before first boss in SWP if you want to check your luck on drops, easily soloable by DKs (only one advice - if you will see Sunblade Slayer in the trash pack - they must die first and FAST, they are capable of killing anyone in few seconds but everything else is easy).
    Oh yeah, those Slayers hurt. Found that out the hard way. xD

Question, is there a way to reset the trash after you clear it all to Kalecgos? Or do you just wait a certain amount of time for it to respawn?

This is probably going to be an impossible task if you really mean "every single" JC recipe in the game. WTLK heroics use to drop a JC recipe at the last boss. Only a JC will be able to loot it though. Most times you will probably get the same ones over and over again as loot is random. But it is going to be a while before you really collect every single recipe. I am not sure why you would even bother with it. It is not like it is going to be of any help.

I recommend you go earn the lore master title. Will keep you busy and going for a long while.

Found the Felsteel Longblade recipe the other day, sold it for 4k. The heroics can be pretty profitable even if you're not getting the recipes.

Oh yeah, those Slayers hurt. Found that out the hard way. xD

Question, is there a way to reset the trash after you clear it all to Kalecgos? Or do you just wait a certain amount of time for it to respawn?
    Run outside the instance, right click your portrait, click "reset all instances". Trash will be back up and you can do this as much as you want (as in, no 5 instances per hour limit like when you kill bosses).
    ಠ_ಠ

Already have Loremaster and a crapton of other achievements. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    Run outside the instance, right click your portrait, click "reset all instances". Trash will be back up and you can do this as much as you want (as in, no 5 instances per hour limit like when you kill bosses).
    Ah, thanks. Wasn't aware that it worked on raids too.

Deleted
    im trying to do same the only ones i miss now is the new cata recipes and then i got them all xD

GL tho^^

I can confirm that the BC drop patterns are a pain in the ass to "farm." In the hundreds of runs of heroics I've done on various toons I've only seen 2 or 3 drop ever.

gl, u will need it alot

Deleted
    I have now about 88% of JC recipes, still need a few recipes from WOTLK and Cataclysm daily,I tried to farm TBC Heroics (ex. Durnholde) but after about 20 tries i gave up