Curbstomping my way through bronze. Get to my Silver promotional series, get trolled so hard. Intentional feeders, griefers, etc every single game. Of course, then lose my promotion. Now on a 7 game lose streak because of getting these types of players every single game.

Since the summer has started, the amount of toxic behavior in the game has absolutely skyrocketed. Almost every single game in the Bronze/Silver range has at least one of these players. I've never had to use the report function so much before.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 03:44 AM ----------

Another game lost. I honestly don't understand how some people can wipe their own ass. Our Malphite apparently had his R on smartcast, had no idea how smartcast worked, and ended with it being used in random directions, never actually engaging the enemies with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Curbstomping my way through bronze. Get to my Silver promotional series, get trolled so hard. Intentional feeders, griefers, etc every single game. Of course, then lose my promotion. Now on a 7 game lose streak because of getting these types of players every single game.

Since the summer has started, the amount of toxic behavior in the game has absolutely skyrocketed. Almost every single game in the Bronze/Silver range has at least one of these players. I've never had to use the report function so much before.
    I'm not normally one to blame things on "the kids these days!" but I've noticed that too. It's hard not to think it's because of the younger demographic having more time to play. It scares me to see what the next generation will be like, based on the current youth :P

[e]:

Another game lost. I honestly don't understand how some people can wipe their own ass. Our Malphite apparently had his R on smartcast, had no idea how smartcast worked, and ended with it being used in random directions, never actually engaging the enemies with it.
    I smartcast Malph Ulti. Though I've played him enough to get a general idea of the range. But to smart cast it and not know would be brutal. Not to mention, how do you get to level 30 without knowing what that is? ><
    Last edited by Zerioc; 2013-06-09 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    I'm not normally one to blame things on "the kids these days!" but I've noticed that too. It's hard not to think it's because of the younger demographic having more time to play. It scares me to see what the next generation will be like, based on the current youth :P

[e]:

I smartcast Malph Ulti. Though I've played him enough to get a general idea of the range. But to smart cast it and not know would be brutal. Not to mention, how do you get to level 30 without knowing what that is? ><
    I don't understand it. 8 game losing streak now. Was doing my Silver promotions earlier today, stomped the first two, and now I'm back to 0 LP from open intentional feeding, trolling, etc. It's honestly making me want to just uninstall. It's literally every single game since school has been let out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand it. 8 game losing streak now. Was doing my Silver promotions earlier today, stomped the first two, and now I'm back to 0 LP from open intentional feeding, trolling, etc. It's honestly making me want to just uninstall. It's literally every single game since school has been let out.
    That all kinda went over my head. I only vaguely get how the ranked system works since, as I said a few posts back, I haven't been doing it. But yeah. Even in normals/ARAM I've noticed a worse general player base. Fortunately I've been mostly too busy with my new job to play much so I haven't had to deal too much with it this week. That and my playing has declined now that I think I've pissed off all the people I played with lol.

That all kinda went over my head. I only vaguely get how the ranked system works since, as I said a few posts back, I haven't been doing it. But yeah. Even in normals/ARAM I've noticed a worse general player base. Fortunately I've been mostly too busy with my new job to play much so I haven't had to deal too much with it this week. That and my playing has declined now that I think I've pissed off all the people I played with lol.
    Basically as you win games in ranked, you earn League Points. League Points, once you hit 100, unlock a promotion opportunity to the next division or tier of play. There's 5 divisions per tier and 5 tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond.) But if you lose a game, you lose some of your points. To move up a division, you have to win a best 2 out of 3 series. To move up tiers, you have to win a 3 out of 5 series. You can be demoted a division from constant losses but not demoted a tier.

Problem is that the rating system is more heavily impacted by trolls, griefers, and overall toxic players than ever before. There's nothing at stake for those sitting at 0 points in the bottom division and they often will take that opportunity to grief teammates and prevent their promotions and throw their games.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-06-09 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is that the rating system is more heavily impacted by trolls, griefers, and overall toxic players than ever before. There's nothing at stake for those sitting at 0 points in the bottom division and they often will take that opportunity to grief teammates and prevent their promotions and throw their games.
    And in some cases, those *Division* 5 players drop their MMR due to them throwing games so often that they end up getting matched with players in much lower ratings, i.e. a Diamond 5 player being matched with Silver players.

This usually doesn't happen if you're down in Bronze 5, as people are so desperate to get out of there, aside from a few people that throw matches to keep their MMR low so they can continue to pubstomp lower skilled players.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    And in some cases, those *Division* 5 players drop their MMR due to them throwing games so often that they end up getting matched with players in much lower ratings, i.e. a Diamond 5 player being matched with Silver players.

This usually doesn't happen if you're down in Bronze 5, as people are so desperate to get out of there, aside from a few people that throw matches to keep their MMR low so they can continue to pubstomp lower skilled players.
    Yeah unfortunately I'm in Bronze I at the moment working towards Silver, so I'm getting this from the Silver V players. Last season I carried up to 1450 playing only Heimerdinger but took a break from the game. Came back and ELO decay stuck me down in Bronze I with this new system that is drastically harder to climb out of and gives griefers so much more power than before.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 05:51 AM ----------

10 game lose streak. Griefers or intentional feeders on my team in every single one of them. Last game had a guy sitting at the fountain and calling where the jungler and where wards were placed in /all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see your mistake: you're playing when the school kids are playing as well.

Stop doing that.

It's noticable. If I qeue at a day like monday I stomp qeues, but if I qeue at fryday/saturday I'm guaranteed to go on a losing streak if I don't play a carry.

game 1: I play teemo top vs rengar and we're on equal footing. our leona/draven bot, losing the lane vs an ashe and moakai and mid keeps trading kills. rengar tower dives me and we both die. I get back to lane and tell team that rengar is missing. rengar gets a double kill mid and tower dives me again. we both die. lee kills my tower after the dive and bot already lost their tower so enemy bot team goes to push mid... turns out if you can't handle draven his mechanics you do no damage and your useless to the team.

game 2: random picks varus, I pick sona and game starts. I bully ezreal so hard he has to sit at tower while being lvl 1. instead of normally last hitting our adc decides to push under tower. so my capability to harras dissapears and our jungle never get to gank. meanwhile our akali feeds khazix 4 kills in under 10 minutes and top is also pushing as hard as they can against a chogath so that lane is not gankable either. our adc decides laning phase is over leaving bot lane so he goes to mid (no towers down in any lane...).

game 3: I play tristana with nidalee support. We are winning our lane without any ganks happening. 1/8 riven and a 0/8 gallio in a 25 minute game. I think everything is said with that.

when INSERTNAME1997 is in your game and he's toxic as hell, you know what time it is.

another loss. back to 0 lp.

6/11 Fiora always fighting 1v3, 2/7 Vi always trying to invade the enemies warded jungle. Both of them called me(4/1 Akali) a noob cause I wouldnt help them fight out numbered, or run into the enemy jungle when they weren't near me to help them and all of us die, and they reported me.

I don't even go into games wanting to win anymore. I just farm my lane and turret hug if my opponent is aggressive. Why bust my ass if it's just gonna be a loss? All I do is protect my turret farm and make sure I don't feed. It also doesn't help my comp sucks and when theres too many minions around my fps drops to 5.

EDIT

So what patch was it that made Kats ult stop stuns? I would get attacked by Kat as Morg. Pop my ult, she would pop hers, mine would trigger and not stun her. Get another group of idiots with hard cc, and none of them save any for Kats ult.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-06-09 at 06:12 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Another team of idiots who wanna push after we kill 3 of the enemies instead of getting baron. 1 recalled, Elise and Poppy held us off for their team to rez, aced us and we lost. I'm sick of these freaking low elo players who thinks baron is useless and PUSHPUSHPUSH is how you win. On top of all that I was being verbally abused by everyone on the team cause they say Kat counters Morg, and I forced her out of lane several times. Nasus got real nasty about it, I said "I see why you're 1/2", he says Morg reported, then tells me to vs a LCS Kat player to prove that Kat counters Morg.

10+ Year Old Account
    WORST WEEKEND EVER! Started Silver 2, almost to my Promo. Now I'm silver 3, 53 LP. These people I've been grouped with, it's a miracle they can walk and breath. HOW THE FUCK DID THEY EVEN GET TO SILVER!! Like seriously, fucking bullshit.

Not to mention since either this patch or the one before it, my matchmaking has gone to shit. Every game is so one-sided it's just even fun to play. Either my team stomps really hard or we get destroyed. My match history right now has 8 losses, 2 wins. Those two wins I had ridiculous KDAs, and the rest of my team mates had similar. Then the ones I lose, some positive, most negative, but still miles ahead of those on my team, who will be 0/10 to my 3/4. This is getting ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3512714

ELO hell is now Silver 5 with Bronze 5 MMR.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    I started being real careful when I got anyone lower than Silver 2 in normals. I sometimes have Plat players that play like bronze though, so I'm trying not to use lolking/lolnexus before a game anymore. I do always check at the end.

Sadly, I had another game with 2 diamonds (1/3) and it was pretty good/even, but our AD Draven (D1) didn't connect until ~8 minutes in, so their Vayne was free farmed and outleveling him hard.

Commence the hatred:
    "OMG TRYHARD"
    "You want me not to play? You picked Draven into Vayne!"
    "TRYHARD OMG"
    "It's not a fun lane!"
    "OOOOOOOOOOOOH MAGAWD TRYHARD".

Sigh. Common courtesy is long gone, but no need to be a whiny bitch about it. Even though their jungler also gave attention to botlane, since they didn't win it hard enough just yet apparently...

@Hybr1d: Talking about normal or ranked? I don't mind being "fair" in a normal game when someone had a long dc but in ranked, I would abuse every disadvantage the enemy has and feel sorry for them later.

I've learned that peoples ranking below plat 4 don't really matter. There is a ton of plat 5 players that play just as bad as silver/golds do.. I always get them in matchmaking all the time in G5/G4. Even had a guy whom had diamond s2, and was for some reason silver 5 this season and fed as hard as they could( I mean that's not unusual for someone to have a bad game but why are they silver 5 after being diamond last season o-o.. elo carry? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    I've learned that peoples ranking below plat 4 don't really matter. There is a ton of plat 5 players that play just as bad as silver/golds do.. I always get them in matchmaking all the time in G5/G4. Even had a guy whom had diamond s2, and was for some reason silver 5 this season and fed as hard as they could( I mean that's not unusual for someone to have a bad game but why are they silver 5 after being diamond last season o-o.. elo carry? lol)
    Trust me on one thing: there will always be good games and bad games. No matter which bracket you're in, be it Bronze or Diamond, you will always think, at times: how are these guys this bad? The reality is that we all sometimes perform poorly. With 10 players in each game, it is highly likely that at least one person will do just that.

The only things that will really change are the general standard of play and the rate at which people make mistakes, but by a gradual, small margin.

It doesn't matter how good you are. You can't carry idiots. Playing top Khazix vs Garen. Kill him twice, I have over 100 cs by 10 mins. I down his turret by 14. I look at the rest of my team.

Bot turrets gone(ours), mids gone(ours) Nid and Vayne are 4/0 each. Cait can't land her Q, neither can Thresh. Ryze keeps dying 1vX. Another loss, and another confirmation that Kha'zix needs a somewhat smart team to be able to win. My only hope now is Jayce if I can ever get the 6300 to buy him, and if I can't carry with him. Then Im just gonna quit.

Riot makes it so 1 champ can't carry an entire team, but what they don't understand is that by doing that, they keep people like me in low elos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It doesn't matter how good you are. You can't carry idiots.
    Yes you can. I carry Sivalion all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Riot makes it so 1 champ can't carry an entire team, but what they don't understand is that by doing that, they keep people like me in low elos.
    The pure arrogance of this makes me laugh. If after 200 games you're in the same division, that's where you belong. Let me guess, every game you win, it's all on you, every game you lose, you never make mistakes?
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2013-06-10 at 01:11 PM.

You do know that you are supposed to roam as k6 and help other lanes and hes not much of a top laner.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?