Dunno if it's me or am I insanely lucky, but I RARELY get trolls/afkers/ragers in many games in a row. In fact, rarely at all. And I have a feeling why that happens: I keep a positive attitude. Starting from champion select I say hello to everyone, kindly ask my main role spot (top), and if someone takes it I just go to another role, simple. If something goes wrong during the game and people get frustrated I just tell them to relax and it's ok, a couple of mistakes don't throw the game down the drain. Most of the time I get my main role even when I am last pick just by being nice to people.

If someone is very mad I simply ignore them and focus on my own game. No use blaming the team when you can focus on your own game, and your own attitude and what you say to keep the team spirit high. I wonder how high people would rise if they really always got the "perfect ult" and "perfect flank" and so on, to be honest it sounds like excuses to me, it is so so easy to say your team was bad and hard to accept that hey, I can improve at this game. People get frustrated, it's obvious and I get it, but then again, why do people spam rankeds when they are angry from the getgo? If I lose 2 games in a row I take a break or play normal games, I play tons of normals anyway to practise my mechanics and new champion picks and so on. I don't believe in spamming rankeds and eventually rising, if you end up in a losing streak and frustration it's not going to get any better IMO, better just take a break or change the game mode.

My rank you ask? At the beginning of the season I dropped to bronze 2 (I started the game a year ago and ending up at silver 2 in the preseason, then dropping to bronze when this season started, went 2-8 in promos haha). I didn't feel like playing rankeds, I just spammed normals and wanted to improve my game. Now I've been getting in ranked play lately, and I just hit gold 3 this week and there is no end to my rise, aiming for platinum before season ends. I honestly think it's all about your own mindset and attitude, nothing else. Queing up with the mental state of "I MUST get higher, I am so much better than these retards" and getting frustrated when it doesn't happen in a breeze doesn't help.

You could also duo with someone, it makes the threat of getting an afker/rager/troll in your team significantly, and if you click with someone's style you can win the games pretty nicely.
    Last edited by Avutu; 2014-10-09 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have one game where bot doesn't go 0/5 by 8 minutes... No and I'm sick of people picking Vayne, "We have the late game", we're not getting to late game if you go 0/5. Every single time, it's bot lane that loses the games and nothing else.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avutu View Post

You could also duo with someone, it makes the threat of getting an afker/rager/troll in your team significantly, and if you click with someone's style you can win the games pretty nicely.
    You wouldn't believe how much my game improved when I started playing with my housemate. Having an extra pair of eyes on the map verbally calling things is unbelievable, and being able to quickly co-ordinate "oh shit back back back... no fuck it, turn and burn we got this, re-engaging NOW" has led to some amazing plays.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Can I have one game where bot doesn't go 0/5 by 8 minutes... No and I'm sick of people picking Vayne, "We have the late game", we're not getting to late game if you go 0/5. Every single time, it's bot lane that loses the games and nothing else.
    I love when they pick her into lucian it's like they want to lose the game. That pisses me off more than when they blind pick her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    I know the ideas behind it, I'm just really not good at it in the heat of the moment. CS game is strong, poke game is pretty decent but often caught out of position in teamfights as I'm used to being in the front line. I'm dying a lot.
    I'm exactly the opposite. I usually do well in teamfight and most of my victories are due my teamfight present outplaying the opposing team carrier, but I suck so badly in lane phase... I can CS well (could be better, but it is good enough for the silver bracket), but I always get pushed, and I lose the turret in 99% of the matches.

Learning sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You wouldn't believe how much my game improved when I started playing with my housemate. Having an extra pair of eyes on the map verbally calling things is unbelievable, and being able to quickly co-ordinate "oh shit back back back... no fuck it, turn and burn we got this, re-engaging NOW" has led to some amazing plays.
    Indeed, I've also duoed quite a bit with my roommate and we have had a sick winrate and I feel I improve a lot more when playing with him than when playing alone, exactly because of the reasons you described there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I'm playing games on Normal to learn how to ADC without sucking complete arse at it (my housemate and I both can't ADC for shit so I'm putting in the man hours to get better on the occasion where one of us is forced into it due to being last picks).

I know the ideas behind it, I'm just really not good at it in the heat of the moment. CS game is strong, poke game is pretty decent but often caught out of position in teamfights as I'm used to being in the front line. I'm dying a lot.

So I play normal games, and say "guys just so you know, I'm here to practise. I will do my best but bear with me". Most of the time - 70% or so - my team is understanding, and happy to give me coaching and tips during the game or at least forgive my horrible brainfarts.

But then I get nights like tonight. Game after game after game I just got flamed over and over, for every death and other fuckup I did. Really making me wanna say "fuck it" and crawl back to top lane/jungle where I belong
    Yeah I am trying to do the same, trying to learn how to do both support and carry for bottom. I have somewhat learned how to jungle as Master Yi, not too successfully though, I could do better. I need to pick up a better carry though, Ashe is not sweating it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Lucian or Tristana is rather carry potential adcs. Lucian got a sick early game, and pretty good mid/late. While Tristana is godlike late.

I feel so sorry for you guys who feel you are only teamed with feeders/afkers etc. Perhaps I get one of those in 1 out of 5 matches, but thats not bad enough to not be able to climb at all.
    Of course, there have been periods where it is worse, but not as bad as you guys make it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Avutu View Post
    Dunno if it's me or am I insanely lucky, but I RARELY get trolls/afkers/ragers in many games in a row. In fact, rarely at all. And I have a feeling why that happens: I keep a positive attitude. Starting from champion select I say hello to everyone, kindly ask my main role spot (top), and if someone takes it I just go to another role, simple. If something goes wrong during the game and people get frustrated I just tell them to relax and it's ok, a couple of mistakes don't throw the game down the drain. Most of the time I get my main role even when I am last pick just by being nice to people.

If someone is very mad I simply ignore them and focus on my own game. No use blaming the team when you can focus on your own game, and your own attitude and what you say to keep the team spirit high. I wonder how high people would rise if they really always got the "perfect ult" and "perfect flank" and so on, to be honest it sounds like excuses to me, it is so so easy to say your team was bad and hard to accept that hey, I can improve at this game. People get frustrated, it's obvious and I get it, but then again, why do people spam rankeds when they are angry from the getgo? If I lose 2 games in a row I take a break or play normal games, I play tons of normals anyway to practise my mechanics and new champion picks and so on. I don't believe in spamming rankeds and eventually rising, if you end up in a losing streak and frustration it's not going to get any better IMO, better just take a break or change the game mode.

My rank you ask? At the beginning of the season I dropped to bronze 2 (I started the game a year ago and ending up at silver 2 in the preseason, then dropping to bronze when this season started, went 2-8 in promos haha). I didn't feel like playing rankeds, I just spammed normals and wanted to improve my game. Now I've been getting in ranked play lately, and I just hit gold 3 this week and there is no end to my rise, aiming for platinum before season ends. I honestly think it's all about your own mindset and attitude, nothing else. Queing up with the mental state of "I MUST get higher, I am so much better than these retards" and getting frustrated when it doesn't happen in a breeze doesn't help.

You've gotten lucky. It has nothing to do with your attitude. You being positive doesn't make bad players suddenly good. I always have the "we can win guys, dont worry we got this" guy, very positive. of course he is also 1/7 while saying it.

Also

I MUST get higher, I am so much better than these retard
    Thats the purpose of ranked. Ranked is for competitive people to beat the crap out of each other until they are on top. I'm sick of the feeders going 0/20 and saying "i play ranked for fun". It's not supposed to be fun, its supposed to be competitive. Want fun? play aram. Football players dont bust their asses for fun, they do it to win.

I tried to duo. I tried with my best friend, he sucked so we stopped. Then i tried with a guy on here, we never actually played any games together, but he came on here saying i begged him to play with me and he carried me in games as leona with me on draven. I dont even own draven.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Thats the purpose of ranked. Ranked is for competitive people to beat the crap out of each other until they are on top. I'm sick of the feeders going 0/20 and saying "i play ranked for fun". It's not supposed to be fun, its supposed to be competitive. Want fun? play aram. Football players dont bust their asses for fun, they do it to win.

I tried to duo. I tried with my best friend, he sucked so we stopped. Then i tried with a guy on here, we never actually played any games together, but he came on here saying i begged him to play with me and he carried me in games as leona with me on draven. I dont even own draven.
    Just because you don't play them for fun does not mean other people don't, many people have different motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Lucian or Tristana is rather carry potential adcs. Lucian got a sick early game, and pretty good mid/late. While Tristana is godlike late.

I feel so sorry for you guys who feel you are only teamed with feeders/afkers etc. Perhaps I get one of those in 1 out of 5 matches, but thats not bad enough to not be able to climb at all.
    Of course, there have been periods where it is worse, but not as bad as you guys make it out to be.
    Yeah I tried Tristana for one game and did not do too bad. She is just so slowwwwwwwwww. I have tried Lucian, but I was mid so I am gonna give him another shot. If I have a bad game and am doing poorly and people just complain at me I always say "Thank you guys you are being so helpful! You make me want to win so hard hard, Thanks you guys are so nice!" and it shuts them the fuck up and no one else says anything.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Just because you don't play them for fun does not mean other people don't, many people have different motives.
    Yes. Lets see what it looks like when people play ranked for "fun".

Enemy Pantheon was 5/0 by 10 mins. Sion never hit anyone with his ult, and kept dying to khazix in the jungle. Le Blanc pushed without wards and kept dying. And the saddest part? i never left my turret. Janna never even tried to harass or shield me so nami would harass the crap out of me. So i sat by the turret and farmed what i could when lucian pushed and i still ended with more cs then my team. Another team of feeders, another loss.

enemy score was

Panth: 13/2
    Khazix: 8/5
    Kat: 9/4
    Lucian: 1/2
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Lets see what it looks like when people play ranked for "fun".

Enemy Pantheon was 5/0 by 10 mins. Sion never hit anyone with his ult, and kept dying to khazix in the jungle. Le Blanc pushed without wards and kept dying. And the saddest part? i never left my turret. Janna never even tried to harass or shield me so nami would harass the crap out of me. So i sat by the turret and farmed what i could when lucian pushed and i still ended with more cs then my team. Another team of feeders, another loss.

enemy score was

Panth: 13/2
    Khazix: 8/5
    Kat: 9/4
    Lucian: 1/2

I disagree that people that are playing to be 'competitive' will be better. Some people might play for both.

There is a difference from playing competitively and playing seriously.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-10-09 at 09:49 PM.

So with that, I'm pruning my friends list a bit. Holy fuck.

For the third time this week, someone random I added asks if I want to do ranked 5s. I say sure, get on skype with them and we play a game. At 5 minutes, bot lane is 0/6, mid lane is 0/3 (how exactly does a Zed feed an AP Ezreal?) and the jungle is 0/2. I am 0/1 because Fiddle Support and Amumu gangbanged me at 3 minutes because Morg was already 0/3 at that point. Meanwhile, in Skype, they speak only in memes. "Notice Me Senpai" and "BRUH" are the only things they ever say. Literally ever. And they think it's funnier every fucking time.

Is this what it's like to be the only sober person at a party?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    There is a difference from playing competitively and playing seriously.
    This so much. My opinion on the issue is that attitude does matter. I haven't lost the mindset that good attitude brings good results yet, and that may or may not have effect on the rising in ranks. When I play for fun or want to practise a champion, I play normals. If I want to tryhard, be serious and try to see if my skill is good enough for me to get higher, I play ranked. But I don't play ranked with an angry mentality and I don't blame my team of I lose. Of course people make mistakes and bad players will sometimes end up in your team, but if I can't carry the game it's too bad. This of course includes the fact that sometimes you can't carry the game and you have to allow yourself to be carried, this is a thing that so many people do wrong. The minute they are behind they want to /ff because they maybe can't carry the game, it makes me so sad, of course the game can be won even if you are behind. And of course sometimes everyone gets an afker/so on, but no use getting mad over it, it happens and feels bad for a small while but life goes on. Also EVERYONE has bad games sometimes. May it be getting counterpicked, camped, making a mistake and enemy snowballing, but it happens to everyone and if it happens in your game, deal with it. No use bashing people over a bad game, afterall, it's supposed to be fun. If someone doesn't get the fun out of playing and feels hopeless in being stuck in a certain elo and never gets higher, there's probably something wrong or the game may not just be meant for you.

Just my 2 cents on the issue and so far for me it seems to be working. Ending offtopic here from my part, sorry mods o/
    Last edited by Avutu; 2014-10-10 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday i was so angry at our Syndra for losing to Velkoz. And not just losing, but constantly pushing, overextending, and dying, by the time i was level 6, she had 6 deaths and blamed me for not ganking her lane. I responded that she didn't covered my red buff and didn't helped me to take their red buff so i end up with being way behind than i should be, "not my problem" she said while standing under tower and seeing how she is flanked by 3 people. 7th death. By the time it was 30 minute she had 16 deaths. Way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I'm very good with more then 3 champions, and i can play every role. You only get 3 wards, when im the only one warding it doesnt really do anything. I always play safe, i never take risks and i focus the first half of the game doing nothing but cs farming. I always split push when it's needed, i always use tp to join in team fights if they happen. youre telling me things i already do, this has nothing to do with what i do. It's the ppl i get teamed with. Muting doesnt stop ppl from being retarded. Muting them doesnt stop them from feeding the enemy carries 20 kills cause they always focus the 4k hp tank first. It doesnt stop them from passing on a free baron or dragon to push a turret that they dont even down. It doesnt stop them from letting each other die just so they can be the one to score the kill.

Judging by your positive attitude you must be relatively new to ranked. That attitude of yours will change when you start losing game after game from feeders, afkers, and trolls.
    I'm just a positive thinking guy. And relatively new to ranked? No, far from it, been playing league for 3/4 years now, and i've seen the best and the worst of league and the trolls that come with it, so non of that is new to me. I just devote most of my time to WoW, and play league on the side. I don't have as much time for gaming anymore though.

I was just giving you pointers to help your game (which may not or may not help), and as you said you do all the things I mentioned. But being salty about past game or going into current games with a salty attitude is only going to make you play bad and flame people when they make that one mistake...
    You can't pick your team, its something that everyone has to live with and you just gotta ride the wave.
    Last edited by Anium; 2014-10-10 at 10:07 AM.

The problem with many Silver players is they think "I'm not dying, so if we lose, it's not my fault!".

If you aren't winning the game, you're allowing somebody else to. And guess what? It's highly likely that person is on the enemy team.

You need to stomp in Silver to get out. Not just 'win your lane' with 1-2 kills and a 20 cs lead. That's not a large advantage in the context of Silver. You need to destroy your lane opponent AND have impact on 1-2 other lanes, and you need to do this consistently.

Take a look at the next few people that 'stomp' on the enemy team in your games. Are they Gold+ by next week? Why not? Because they do not consistently dominate. They have a good or great game, then they have 2 terrible ones and don't go anywhere.

They miss skillshots and do not know how to maximise their damage. They make bad decisions. They don't know how to trade or when to push an advantage or back off. They think they have 'mastered' a champion but in reality they are only above-average. They rage at their teammates and sap the remaining players morale. They don't know how to properly build or reactively build to threats.

This leads to inconsistency, and hence they never rise.

Back to G5 from G3...
    We had a good invade, triple on our top etc etc, multiple flashes down.

It all went great. But hey; the bigger your advantage, the bigger the chance you throw. Which ofcourse happened. 4 Aces in a row, stupid calls from people. No focus. You name it. Ugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
    The problem with many Silver players is they think "I'm not dying, so if we lose, it's not my fault!".

If you aren't winning the game, you're allowing somebody else to. And guess what? It's highly likely that person is on the enemy team.

You need to stomp in Silver to get out. Not just 'win your lane' with 1-2 kills and a 20 cs lead. That's not a large advantage in the context of Silver. You need to destroy your lane opponent AND have impact on 1-2 other lanes, and you need to do this consistently.

Take a look at the next few people that 'stomp' on the enemy team in your games. Are they Gold+ by next week? Why not? Because they do not consistently dominate. They have a good or great game, then they have 2 terrible ones and don't go anywhere.

They miss skillshots and do not know how to maximise their damage. They make bad decisions. They don't know how to trade or when to push an advantage or back off. They think they have 'mastered' a champion but in reality they are only above-average. They rage at their teammates and sap the remaining players morale. They don't know how to properly build or reactively build to threats.

This leads to inconsistency, and hence they never rise.
    This is the same bullshit as "If you really deserved to be out of silver, you'd carry your team". Some games it isn't possible to win. Also, playing for late game works perfectly fine 90% of the time. I actually think I have a better win rate in close games we're losing throughout than close games we're winning throughout.

Unless your team attempts to play remotely on the same page, you need to be able to win teamfights practically by yourself. You don't do that with lane bullies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    This is the same bullshit as "If you really deserved to be out of silver, you'd carry your team". Some games it isn't possible to win. Also, playing for late game works perfectly fine 90% of the time. I actually think I have a better win rate in close games we're losing throughout than close games we're winning throughout.

Unless your team attempts to play remotely on the same page, you need to be able to win teamfights practically by yourself. You don't do that with lane bullies.
    When you see someone with 0/0/1 and 170 -cs you instantly think that this player just ignored all opportunities to fight and lost game because it was, basically, 4v5 with nerfed exp gain for 4 players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.