Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    There are no reasons for this. None. At all. Until you actually provide me with reasonable reasons, I don't have a reason to believe otherwise.
    wrong. you merely say they are not valid reasons in order to hopefully get your way.

they are all valid reasons
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    wrong. you merely say they are not valid reasons in order to hopefully get your way.

they are all valid reasons
    Reasons you have not once said, and reasons that, again, are all completely thrown out the window in other games by the simple fact that players have already implemented on their own, without Blizzard going to any effort to prevent it.

That's really the most hilarious part of everything that you're arguing. It is implemented in other games, just by players instead of developers. Therefore, the only possible reason for developers not implementing it themselves is because they don't see it as an effort worth their considerably-important time.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-20 at 03:28 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reasons you have not once said, and reasons that, again, are all completely thrown out the window in other games by the simple fact that players have already implemented on their own, without Blizzard going to any effort to prevent it.

That's really the most hilarious part of everything that you're arguing. It is implemented in other games, just by players instead of developers.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post16888111

i cant say you didnt read it so im goign to assume you dont care that you read it

and my entire point is that they ARE REASONS WHY THE DEVELOPERS HAVE NOT DONE IT

thats like everything

the developers dont do it becuase it does not accomplish what they want to do. in short forcign you to verify to repair is an intended design feature, NOT AN OVERSIGHT
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    ARE REASONS WHY THE DEVELOPERS HAVE NOT DONE IT
    Reasons thrown out the window by the simple fact that players are already implemented it, and therefore it exists in the game already. Every design reason possible that the developers had is gone, because players have already been making the choice for years to bypass it.

The only possible excuse, as I've been repeatedly explaining to you, and you've repeatedly refused to accept simply in an attempt to win an argument no matter how illogical you're being, is that they have no desire to implemented it - players do it for them, and so they feel other things are more important.

If there is any other reason, as you so claim, the developers would go out of their way to prevent mods from doing it. They have done no such thing.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reasons thrown out the window by the simple fact that players are already implemented it
    just because players do something doesnt mean developers want it too

otherwise we'd be stuck with reck bomb paladins and OPeratives

im sorry but thats a terrible, horrible reason

AVR: perfect example
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    just because players do something doesnt mean developers want it too

otherwise we'd be stuck with reck bomb paladins and OPeratives

im sorry but thats a terrible, horrible reason

AVR: perfect example
    It's ironic you bring up AVR specifically, since that's the exact example I'm using to tell you that you're wrong. AVR is the perfect example of them intentionally breaking the functionality of a mod that they don't want. Something they have not done, at all, with this mods that enable auto-repair functionality.

AVR didn't last for years, it lasted for a few months. They announced that they would break it "next patch" around May, and MMO-Champion spot-lighted it on their front page in late April. It didn't even last for a full month before Blizz said "nope, don't do that." They would have broken it immediately if they weren't required to change the API through patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ironic you bring up AVR specifically, since that's the exact example I'm using to tell you that you're wrong. AVR is the perfect example of them intentionally breaking the functionality of a mod that they don't want. Something they have not done, at all, with this mods that enable auto-repair functionality.

AVR didn't last for years, it lasted for a few months. They announced that they would break it "next patch" around May, and MMO-Champion spot-lighted it on their front page in April. They would have broken it immediately if they weren't required to change the API through patches.
    that doesnt really do anything to help your "the players are always right" argument
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    that doesnt really do anything to help your "the players are always right" argument
    My argument isn't that the players are always right.

My argument is that players have already implemented this feature. If this feature broke something in the overall design, they would remove the support for this feature.

They have done no such thing, and they're most certainly aware of this very common modding feature that has been around for several years.

My argument is that the only reason the developers haven't implemented it themselves, is because players have already done it. That the only reason they haven't implemented it, isn't because they don't want it automatic, but because yes, first of all, it's an oversight - a LOT of WoW design is because of oversights, like the original lack of raid frames and threat meters - and second because, as I've been repeatedly saying, they don't see it as a priority.

I'm not just pulling this out of my ass - all you have to do is look at how long it took for them to implement their own threat meter and their own raid frames. How long it took them to come up with the big raid beacons tool. How long it took for them to implement their own quest-helping, and their own dungeon journal. Or how long it took for them to implement a keybinding option for "interact with NPC".
    I'm surprised they have yet to implement a real combat meter or at least update the combat log, but they've at least said they want to and simply don't have the time.
    They still haven't implemented an "open all" button in the mailbox.

It's pretty clear that a lot of what is only handled with mods is simply because Blizz hasn't done it yet, as redundant as that sounds. It's pretty clear that there's a lot of things that mods do that Blizz would love to do, if they weren't so focused on more important things.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-20 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My argument is that the only reason the developers haven't implemented it themselves, is because players have already done it.
    then why havent other games with repairing mechanics (that is, NOT WOW) implement it if its a feature everyone wants?

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 11:01 PM ----------

sorry but you're just flat out wrong

end of discussion, its obvious you're just going to twist and turn everything i say even if you contradict yourself time and time again and keep the discussion running around in a circle
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-20 at 05:02 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Can't believe anyone would think it's okay to not have AOE looting by default. People tore TOR a new arse for not having the tiniest modern functions of an MMO circa 2012.

When a new game is release it must be judged by the weight of the genre currently.
    I raised a bug report saying "your AOE looting doesn't seem to be working".

I really don't understand how can people be against optional feature that people want.Don't like it? Don't use it. I can understand how they might think it is not needed or not for them but dead set against? Boggles my mind. If it allows to remove redundancy shouldn't there be an option for it? As far as I can tell having more options is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    then why havent other games with repairing mechanics (that is, NOT WOW) implement it if its a feature everyone wants?
    I can't speak for other games with repair mechanics as I haven't played them. All I'm saying is, if there are design reasons, they're already being broken by the modding community, for years now, and the developers don't make an effort to change it. Most of the non-WoW developers just do what Blizzard does rather than doing their own thing. Hence why SWTOR is designed the way it is.

ANet should, at the very least, get rid of the dialogue text barrier and let us go straight to the buy/sell window, and have a repair button on the screen, as that's significantly better design, even without the automatic toggle.

But hey, go on and continue believing that adding such a feature would be difficult and time-consuming for the programmers to implement.

10+ Year Old Account
    It absolutely is regression. In GW2, I have to talk to the vendor, click the repair option, and then say goodbye. And THEN, I have to talk to him AGAIN, select "show me your wares" and ONLY THEN am I actually shown a buy/sell list.
    I'm gonna have to agree here, I honestly assumed it was a bug until reading this, it felt awkward (who the hell says goodbye and then immediately asks for repairs?) and unnatural.
    Having to say goodbye and then ask the vendor again doesn't really add to immersion or anything, it's just annoying.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Ppl. Report ur concerns. Remember it's a beta.
    And a REAL beta. Not a demo.

No one has any idea what they're implementing before release. 90% of this talk is going on as if it's the release. The last couple pages have been simply ridiculous tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    DrakeWurrum, Glytch: chill the fuck out.

This is a thread about minor (in)conveniences. No need to get up in arms about it. This entire discussion has ruined the atmosphere in this thread. I don't care who's right or wrong, the way it was discussed was horrible.
    Resurrected Holy Priest