Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Experimental Specimen Slicer

So once again, week after week after goddamn week, we clear DS and this stupid axe doesnt drop.. I mean, is the drop rate on this thing 0.01% or something? I've now got a full set of 397 gear yet this axe hasnt dropped even once since DS was released, has anybody else experienced this or is blizzard intentionally fucking with me? Oh and before you ask my main is a blood DK, so there is no other alternative.

/rant.

ITT: Share your experiences with this stupid axe, how long did it take you to get one if you managed to get one in the first place..

Edit: Yes, I also know that this expansion is coming to a close, but I find it ridiculous that I've a full set of 397 tank AND dps gear and yet I havent seen this axe drop once.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-03-29 at 12:05 PM.

If bad RNG ona special loot was enough for a new thread, MMO-Champion would probably be down due to server obverload.

none droped for us after 18 kills.
    its not just the axe, its simply RNG, blizzard has nothing to do with it. random is random - can't explain this better.

look here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post16178374

Lol, I just needed to vent somewhere *shrug*, plus I wanna see if anyone else is experiencing dry runs on this particular piece =\

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 12:09 PM ----------

Just find it ridiculous, I wonder if they're applying the LFR loot system to normal raids.

Deleted
    Lets put it this way, our priest (and token sharing players) now have enough DS tokens to customize a full set for each of their three specs...

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Lets put it this way, our priest (and token sharing players) now have enough DS tokens to customize a full set for each of their three specs...
    o-O thats nuts, thats basically how it is for me and other vanquisher token users in the raid.

Yeaahhh.. We don't have warriors or hunters, but our shamans have offset gear for their offsets, offsets, offsets, offset. Meanwhile I just finally got 4pc last night. Smartlewt plox

Deleted
    RNG thread?
    RNG thread.

20 Fandral kills in Firelands, no Flamescythe.
    17 Madnes of Deathwing kills, 3 Blazing Drakes.

Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSimmons View Post
    Yeaahhh.. We don't have warriors or hunters, but our shamans have offset gear for their offsets, offsets, offsets, offset. Meanwhile I just finally got 4pc last night. Smartlewt plox
    I agree, bring on the smart loot system.

Across 18 normal and heroic Zon'ozz kills on our main raids, we have yet to see a single pair of Treads drop. Been using the VP boots since week 2, so...

RNG is RNG.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

i got it after 5 kills or so ... but only saw it drop in 20 something kills so ...gl

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    RNG thread?
    RNG thread.

20 Fandral kills in Firelands, no Flamescythe.
    17 Madnes of Deathwing kills, 3 Blazing Drakes.

Yeah, no.
    Ouch, I've yet to see a blazing drake drop.

We get agility drops on just about every boss in ds.

With one rogue that has them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

My guild has gotten an Experimental Specimen Slicer from every heroic Yor'sahj kill. >____>

Deleted
    Hm... we had 7 kills on heroic so far... and it dropped three times... and we have no one who want this item -.- If i remember correctly our Maintank took it for sec spec, yesterday our frost DK took it for unholy.

In Firelands we NEVER had the Flamescythe... no staff on normal or heroic... our both Ferals went mad... our hunters as well...

BUT, Hooray, yesterday we looted the mount from Ultraxion! It's the first random drop mount we ever saw, yeah

Deleted
    @ OP, same thing here

killed yor'sajh every week since ds went live ( so around 18kills normals and heroic), have never seen the axe or the tank trinket drop. never seen them drop on my alt runs either. blood dk main here as well, this is retarded.

last 4 heroic kills on yorsajh, other than the token he dropped the scalpel of unrelenting retardation every single time. yep, that's a month of disenchanting crap

ive actually never seen the 2h mace from blackhorn drop ever, at least if i wanted a 397 i could reforge the crit to mastery but nope, seems that one doesnt exist either

fresh run tonight, sure hope either the axe, trinket or shared tank trinketdrop, fml
    Last edited by mmoc65e314467f; 2012-03-29 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    So once again, week after week after goddamn week, we clear DS and this stupid axe doesnt drop.. I mean, is the drop rate on this thing 0.01% or something?
    This is absolutely normal, there is always an item which will be missing form you BiS list.
    Example: Your guild is farming a raid instance and there are 10 particular items in the whole instance you want to drop. Assume each of them has 15% drop chance, i.e. about 1 out of 7. Let's say, you clear the instance 20 times, about 5 months every reset which is a fair period of time for a single Tier as well.

Chance that a particular item does NOT drop in 20 clears is 0.85^20=0.0388, i.e. very small.
    Chance that at least ONE out of 10 items of interest will NOT drop is 1-(1-0.85^20)^10=0.33

As you can see, if your wish list contains 10 items there is a chance of 33% that at least one of them you'll never see. So at least 1 out of 3 average players can come to this forum and say "what a shitty RNG, my axe (trinket/bracers/ring) has never dropped while we clear this damn place 20 times"

Hope you got the idea.

PS: I might have screwed with the numbers but final conclusion won't change.

17ish kills on Blackhorn and never seen the 397 tanking shield.

RNG in DS really seems worse than in any raid before for me.
    In my mainraid we have never seen a Ring with Int or the caster offhand and shield drop. Last week dw dropped the spell dps trinket and gur for the first time. Never seen the bow of dw, never seen the specimen slicer, never seen the shadowbolt volley trinket (forgot its name), 80% of token drops are Paladin/Priest/Warlock and both our pala and priest have close to full heroic 2nd gear while others still wear lfr set pieces.
    And even in my twinkraids i havent seen most of this items drop.

Well in exchange even our tanks could dualwield maw of the dragonlord and heroic vagaries of time by now and maybe wield a Ti'thak in their mouth zoro style...

15+ Year Old Account
    Cleared the instance since the first week on both normal (after few weeks on heroic) and LFR and I never saw Cunning of the Cruel. RNG is RNG and will always be RNG.