Thread: GW2 content

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Perhaps the term should be relevant content

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Well yeah, but it was still the continent of Tyria.
    But it's not GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    But it's not GW2.
    So? >_>

Why would the world shrink? :P

If anything, so far, everything we've seen suggests the world grew!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I don't think WoW has that much content since everything before DS is basically obsolete. That's Blizzard's biggest mistake IMO. So if you think of it, WoW's content is only DS and the new dungeons... Wich isn't a lot.
    World of Warcraft relevant content:

Guild Wars 2 relevant content:

http://gwrunning.com/phocadownload/public/gw2map.jpg

(can a mod make these whatever those smaller pictures are, and when you click them they expand. )

IS Nightfall actually a part of Tyria? As far as I know, the Nightfall campaign is playing out in a continent that lies south to Tyria.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    IS Nightfall actually a part of Tyria? As far as I know, the Nightfall campaign is playing out in a continent that lies south to Tyria.
    Nightfall is Elona, Elona is part of the same landmass as Tyria, in the the world of Tyria, but not part of the continent of Tyria.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/d/d6/ElonaMap.jpg

Tyria is to the north-west

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Nightfall is Elona, not Tyria.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Nightfall is Elona, not Tyria.
    Elona is the world name, like Azeroth is a world name, right?

Tyria is the world name, and a continent, like the Azeroth/Azeroth fiasco.

it's the name of the continent. Tyria is also the name of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Tyria is the world name, and a continent, like the Azeroth/Azeroth fiasco.
    The hell is Elona then?

The hell is Elona then?
    A continent to the south-east of Tyria.

Playable region in GW2 is Ascalon, Shiverpeaks, Kryta (does not include the area north of those two lakes), and the green part of the Maguuma Jungle.

And Orr, which isn't labeled on the map but it's that destroyed land area to the direct right of the Fire Islands.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-03-29 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Prophecies larger than Nightfall?

So the crystal desert is part of another continent? So it's a double-crossing douche-bag of a land?

So the crystal desert is part of another continent? So it's a double-crossing douche-bag of a land?
    Crystal desert is like Russia or Turkey.

so pretty much, yeah. Damn deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I don't think WoW has that much content since everything before DS is basically obsolete. That's Blizzard's biggest mistake IMO. So if you think of it, WoW's content is only DS and the new dungeons... Which isn't a lot.
    Kinda of a odd argument if i am never to play GW2 would WOW then have more content then it?
    The time you put into a mmo over 7 years is all relevant content. Is it the best content for backtracking no, but if your on the ride for 7 years and play all the content your given, it doesn't make it obsolete because some new player just started playing game( it does for him).

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Kinda of a odd argument if i am never to play GW2 would WOW then have more content then it?
    The time you put into a mmo over 7 years is all relevant content. Is it the best content for backtracking no, but if your on the ride for 7 years and play all the content your given, it doesn't make it obsolete because some new player just started playing game( it does for him)?
    With the approach Blizzard is taking to level nowadays, yeah it actually is obsolete. Especially since you can auto level to 80. It's a very poor design choice, IMO. So much wasted time and resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    The time you put into a mmo over 7 years is all relevant content. Is it the best content for backtracking no, but if your on the ride for 7 years and play all the content your given, it doesn't make it obsolete because some new player just started playing game( it does for him).
    It's not an odd argument at all. Consider what would happen if you put 7 years worth of playing into GW2. In all those 7 years, not a SINGLE part of GW2 is irrelevant.

Now imagine what would happen if you could say the same thing about WoW. Imagine having to grab 24 level 85 players to get a chance at Invincible, instead of looking back at ICC and going "Oh yeah, let's get 4 people and go faceroll it for a chance at Invincible!"

Big difference, don't you think? Yeah, not all GW2 content will be raid-level hard, but all the challenging content that is challenging at launch, will likely still be challenging 3 expansions down the road, because you will be scaled to it's level, and you won't have 10 extra skills that you didn't have back then.
    You might have an entirely new build and selection of skills and weapons, but you'll still only have 10 abilities, (without considering other things).
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-29 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Wasn't Prophecies larger than Nightfall?
    Yes, the whole center part of tyria + southern shiverpeaks + crystal desert, aside from the southern jungle (green part bordering the ocean), is Prophecies. Eye of the North is Northern Shiverpeaks, Charr Homelands and The jungle to the south east of Henge of Denravi.

Prophecies Tyria by itself is about twice the size of Elona.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter