Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Few things in this world worse than the 80's, guidos, and the mafia. So naturally...

Andreas had an epic story, especially for a game based on the mundane real world we live in. Also, it improved on the game in everyway.

Deleted
    Vice city by a mile! plus the 80's rocked in Miami

It all depends on what sort of story you would prefer. If you like the scarface style story lines then play vice city(guess a bit of miami vice in there as well). If you like the LA gang land style stories then go san andreas.

Myself, found i was way more into the storyline in vice city. Just got me more caught up in it. With san andreas i was way more likely to just piss around all the time and never really follow the story.

San Andreas, gotta love Carl Johnson!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Vice City was pretty much Scarface. I liked it, but I liked the SA story better.
    San Andreas was pretty much Boys n the Hood, down to including a member from NWA.
    Last edited by Cunning Stunts; 2012-03-31 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Out of those two, i'd personally pick Vice City it had more of a "fun vibe" to it than SA maybe because I'm an 80's freak and Vice City was the whole sex, drug and rock n roll package. undoubtedly SA has more to do but it didn't have the same feeling as VC for me.

Also it might be worth playing SA again just to have a clearer mental image of how much has changed/ stayed the same for when GTA: V comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    Start with VC then SA; I recently played through both again (well not 100% completetion but all missions) and I think it took 12h to play through VC, so won't take that long if you play both. Although there were missions that were the worst I have ever experienced in a game (rc helicopter to destruct the tower building).
    Oh man.. Horrible, horrible mission. Died so many times.

I vote for VC btw. Better cars and you act more badass.

SA got much more content, but in terms of story, I think Vice City owned...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    Although there were missions that were the worst I have ever experienced in a game (rc helicopter to destruct the tower building).
    FUCKING HELL, I remember that mission. It pissed me off so damn much as a kid, probably one of the worst missions in a game ever. In the end though VC was still an amazing game, but SA just takes the cake to me out of the whole series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharias View Post
    FUCKING HELL, I remember that mission. It pissed me off so damn much as a kid, probably one of the worst missions in a game ever. In the end though VC was still an amazing game, but SA just takes the cake to me out of the whole series.
    I've played many great games but not many felt "complete". Some games go hard until they win the race. Rockstar ran with San Andreas until is died of exhaustion. Its not even my favorite game, but I've never played a game that felt so complete which is why GTAIV was such a let down for me. TBH GTAIV bad but after SA I just felt like GTAIV didn't deserve to be called GTA because it wasn't the whole package that SA was.

Can't really go wrong either way, but my vote would go to San Andreas.

Deleted
    San Andreas hands down. Probably one of the best video games ever made.

San Andreas is by far the best game of the franchise, hopefully GTA 5 can get close to it... at least the setting looks promising.

SA had all these wacky fun characters like The Truth, Mike Toreno, Wu Zi Mu and others and you got to do some crazy stuff like jumping from one plane to another or flying a jetpack. The game didn't take itself too seriously and I liked that about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    grand theft auto games had a story? :s i just used it as an excuse to steal cars and kill people :S

Saints Row 3 my man, you wont regret it IMO. Its like GTA, BUT you get to walk around and smack people with a big purple dildo :P nah you get to ride like fighter jets, hover death-bikes(motorbikes with lasers/gattling guns) you can customize cars, customize yourself and so on, the story is pretty cool.

I loved vice city...SA story can be abit better tho but i prefer vice never the less. I think you should ask yourself if you like the 80's feel and all that grove or you are more in to gangs life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavala_451 View Post
    GTA4 was rubbish as well. Some parts ere ok, but there was so little to do. No Planes, No change of clothes, guns were rubbish and most important of all
    Your opinion is invalid. Shush. No change of clothes in GTA4? Yeah, I suppose you could have easily missed all the shops selling clothes :/ In fact, there was a mission that MADE you change your clothes. Dumbass. There's also helicopters in GTA4. Did you even play it? Or did you just read a review by a really crappy site, and base all your opinions on that?

OT: I prefer the VC story. But SA is still an awesome game.

San Andreas was the best by far of GTA's. I loved the story and much more you could do with your character. Of course being the newer of the two (S.A.) it should have had more to do and it didn't dissapoint. Vice City was cool for the nostalgia 80's Miami Vice theme but S.A. had it beat in the come up of the main character. Shoot S.A. was even better than GTA IV, in my opinion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    vice city better story, but san andread was more fun and enjoyable imo.

On a hot summer day, when you feel jolly. Vice City with it´s looks & awesome music, will feel just right... Like, real right...

But as a game with a lot of hours to be spent, SA wins. SA has awesome story, and very long. I wish my cd was still working .