GOP-run House easily rejects Obama budget

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-run-house-...013519895.html

This is not really news as the budget was ridiculous. I posted this as a point of media bias. The title says it all , right? Until you get to near the end of the article where it says that the vote was unanimous against it. Why can't the title be:" Congress unanimously rejects Obama budget"? Would that be more descriptive, or would it be less anti republican? And as usual, with stories that involve anything negative against obama, yahoo has disabled comments on the story.

Do you think that there is any unbiased journalism when it comes to politics?

It's not that far to the left, especially since I could easily see it interpreted as to the right. It's pretty minor. The story was pretty in-the-middle too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats said Republicans had forced a vote on a version of Obama's budget that contained only its numbers, not the policies he would use to achieve them.
    The gist of this was that the GOP put up a bastardized version of Obama's budget as a political ploy, hoping to get something to hold over dems. Notice the 100+ votes missing in the tally.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF anything Yahoo news is one of the sites that tends to lean conservative.

Honestly, for American news I only trust the BBC :S

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    IF anything Yahoo news is one of the sites that tends to lean conservative.

Honestly, for American news I only trust the BBC :S
    That's great. I am sure re posting AP stories makes them change the titles. Yahoo is run by ABC, it does not lean conservative in hardly any story. But like i said, it is an AP story re posted on yahoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    That's great. I am sure re posting AP stories makes them change the titles. Yahoo is run by ABC, it does not lean conservative in hardly any story. But like i said, it is an AP story re posted on yahoo.
    At least the audience that reads Yahoo news seems conservative, I stopped reading that site since it just seemed to cater to a poor version of WSJournal readers.

The GOP just pushed through a budget in the house that has no chance to go through the Senate. Massive tax cuts for the mega wealthy with "promises" to close loop holes and deductions "later". Yea thats real fiscal responsibility.

Edit: I used to frequent Yahoo answers and I can certianly say the political section is heavily conservative favored (liberal comments get deleted/censored).
    Last edited by Xeones; 2012-03-30 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Comments about Yahoo

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The GOP just pushed through a budget in the house that has no chance to go through the Senate. Massive tax cuts for the mega wealthy with "promises" to close loop holes and deductions. Yea thats real fiscal responsibility.
    lol

This is why I hate American politics. Too much back and forth bullshit, empty words, and self-serving crap to function properly. Of course they want to cut taxes for the mega wealthy, those are their friends! Let's just force the less fortunate to give up their homes, cars, and everyday essentials so the rich can maintain the comfy lifestyle they currently enjoy!

Ugh. Ugh. If something like that were to ever properly pass, I think I'd literally cry because of how stupid and selfish these supposed representatives of the people are.