Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What keeps you motivated to live?

I'm curious mmo-champers, what keeps you motivated to live?

Is it a sense of purpose? Is it a sense of a (hopefully not) delusional importance? I wonder.....

Why do we cling to life like we do? Whats the point?

Personally, I see a lot coming from me, so i'm excited to see what turns out to be.

What about you?
    Last edited by golds; 2012-03-30 at 03:48 AM.

Mortality! The gift of having one single life to succeed! Why would I throw that away?!

I'm mostly just curious how the "future" will look like.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

10+ Year Old Account
    Very ironic post, coming from your name! :P @ eaterofsouls

Nothing keeps me motivated to live, I have no life now - and I don't have the money to change that.

I am only alive today because some screwy evolutionary thing makes me too scared to kill myself.

I am only alive today because some screwy evolutionary thing makes me too scared to kill myself.
    What he said !

10+ Year Old Account
    I belong to one of the least naturally resilient races on the face of this planet, and my instinctual reply to any challenge is "BRING IT ON, BRO!".

In all seriousness, it is the little things to me. The particular smell of freshly fallen snow, hanging out with people I truly care about, always wanting to help people with problems and sometimes succeeding.

And food. Seriously, I am practically religious when it comes to food.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Because if I cease to live, then there'd be some very sad people, and it pains me to make people sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I think about it, I don't really have anything that motivates me to live. Kinda shitty when you realize something like that. But, I'm gonna keep on going anyway. Wake, work, sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I enjoy living mainly, living the best and longest thing I'll ever do so I'd like to keep it going as long as I can.

Thousands of years of evolution.

To keep my family happy as well as human survival instinct. Mentally, outside of fear of the unknown, I don't really mind death and sometimes think about it. I feel extremely bad though when I make others sad, the thought of hurting others is heart wrenching for me.

Also, I don't have any 1-up shrooms.

The alternative is worse.

Being alive is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a reason to live before, but now I don't. House, marriage, plans...all gone.

As someone else said before, I'm too terrified to come face to face with death for whatever reason to off myself. I'm happy other people are happy, I'm just not anymore.

I used to love life, now I hate it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Responsibility and curiosity as to what will come.

Other than that.. nothing else really lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Life is good. There's always something to do, discover and enjoy.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I'm addicted to oxygen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's to say i'm not already dead, if not inside? /violin

but no really, because I've never been one to quit even when the pain is too much. :P I'm a glutton for punishment lol. Also, always curious as to what might happen if we just waited 24 more hours, you know?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    I used to love life, now I hate it.
    I wish I could say the same thing. I've never really liked mine, but *shrug*. At least I enjoy making others happy ^_^