Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Nice to see some combat rogues for ones xD so first of all, tell them that they might want to go assa or sub(much better dmg) and also teach them to reforge. seocundly 50% of all the dmg a character do, is by the way that they play, so they might have problems with the consept of playing rogues

Deleted
    Without trying to sound like an insensitive prick, I'm just loling at him not using poisons on half the fights.

Anyway I second the addon Poisoner someone linked in this topic already. It's a fantastic addon that 2 minutes before poisons expire show three giant icons of your weapons in the middle of your screen. It's impossible to miss. But I still don't quite understand how you can't have the whole poison thing down at this time in the game unless he recently rolled Rogue. I only ever see my poisons run out if I go afk in Stormwind for a long period of time, I always refresh my poisons when they have a 10 minute duration left.

He should also always aim to get the most agility when gemming. He used 25 agility/25 haste gems in some red sockets, that's 25 agility wasted for 25 haste. Talking about the first Rogue, second is still in PvP gear.

tl;dr
    Tell him to download and set up Poisoner.

EDIT:
    Alright I feel a little bad now. He did infact reroll Rogue recently. About 2.5 months ago he reached 85.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-03-30 at 09:31 AM.

The second rogue I wont see til tomorrow, the first one from my understanding was something else before he swapped to his rogue, prolly went rogue for the daggers cause everyone wants shiney daggers.

Thanks for all the input guys. We have been talking to him for a while now, whether he chooses to use our input or not is up to him and his raid spot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idpsutank View Post
    The second rogue I wont see til tomorrow, the first one from my understanding was something else before he swapped to his rogue, prolly went rogue for the daggers cause everyone wants shiney daggers.

Thanks for all the input guys. We have been talking to him for a while now, whether he chooses to use our input or not is up to him and his raid spot
    With all respect, if you aren't thriving to improve your own DPS by reading up and asking for help, he might not be the kind of person you want in a heroic raiding team. Not to start a 10 VS 25 man debate but you can to some extend carry someone who isn't ''optimal'' in a 25 man group I suppose, but I'm having my doubts about how much he will improve if you have to talk to him about this whole issue instead of him asking you or anyone else. Especially as a pure DPS class, you don't bring much to the table as a Rogue besides for your DPS. If you are that well geared and you don't bring the DPS you are only there to waste a slot.

But I would like to be proven wrong by him. I hope he takes the advice in this topic and improves. But I just get the same feeling with him as I had with a Death Knight I was coaching in my old 25 man heroic raid. Good luck regardless, I hope everything turns out alright.

To be fair I'd tell them both to look at the guide on Elitist Jerks, from the looks of their armory, and I don't mean to be offensive at all, they seem to be completly clueless. Reforging to crit, the other rogue in PvP gear is gemming stam/crit. It makes me sad that people on their way to a legendary don't even know how to gem/reforge/enchant correctly. :/

Yeah i agree bovan, a lot of people don't care anymore, and its hard to find people to fill slots ya know for 25s? Well I guess its up to him to decide if he wants to put forth the effort to get better. The 2nd rogue I linked that logged out in pvp gear, is at least willing to learn, she has been in contact with some good rogues and is learning on where she can improve.

Deleted
    Yeah i agree bovan, a lot of people don't care anymore, and its hard to find people to fill slots ya know for 25s? Well I guess its up to him to decide if he wants to put forth the effort to get better. The 2nd rogue I linked that logged out in pvp gear, is at least willing to learn, she has been in contact with some good rogues and is learning on where she can improve.
    Oh yes absolutely.
    The only reason we even took that way under performing Death Knight I mentioned was because we couldn't find anyone else to replace him with. It's so frustrating because both me and our other Death Knight knew exactly what he did wrong, and we literally made a checklist for him what he needs to change and what he should do. He just didn't pick any of our advice up. And really why should he? He had an almost guaranteed spot in our raids because of a shortage of members. He was even getting loot due to a broken DKP system. But enough complaining about my ex-guild.

Good to know the other Rogue is on the right track though.

It's funny replace your dk with our rogue same thing, besides we use loot council instead of dkp, but same thing with loot too i suppose, Well regardless something needs to be done so. Thanks for the input. Ill Post when the other rogue logs out in pve gear.

The second rogue logged out in PvE gear if you would like to check hers now.

Deleted
    The second rogue logged out in PvE gear if you would like to check hers now.
    Fucking christ just send him to elitistjerks.com/f78, I haven't raided since T11 yet even I know reforging to crit as a combat rogue is retarded it's one of the worst stats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Fucking christ just send him to elitistjerks.com/f78, I haven't raided since T11 yet even I know reforging to crit as a combat rogue is retarded it's one of the worst stats
    You're making it seem like she killed your best friend and should burn in hell or something, her reforging isn't that bad. It just seems like she rather reforged to crit instead of mastery on two pieces of gear. No it's not optimal, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Anyway tell her to use Shadowcraft to double-check on reforging and gemming. What I put her in Shadowcraft I can come up with the following results:

Reforged Razor Saronite Chip to -47 Hit Rating / +47 Mastery Rating
    Reforged Signet of Grasping Mouths to -71 Crit Rating / +71 Hit Rating
    Reforged Cameo of Terrible Memories to -70 Hit Rating / +70 Expertise Rating
    Removed reforge from Vengeance
    Reforged Fear to -43 Crit Rating / +43 Expertise Rating
    Reforged Blackfang Battleweave Legguards to -123 Crit Rating / +123 Haste Rating
    Reforged Blackfang Battleweave Gloves to -94 Expertise Rating / +94 Haste Rating
    Removed reforge from Blackfang Battleweave Tunic

If she changes the reforges she has now to what I just posted, she will gain 410 DPS. And with gain I mean she will sim that bit more, so if her rotation is absolutely perfect and everything in the fight will go perfectly fine, this is what she will gain.

The website for Shadowcraft is over here.

Deleted
    You're making it seem like she killed your best friend and should burn in hell or something, her reforging isn't that bad. It just seems like she rather reforged to crit instead of mastery on two pieces of gear. No it's not optimal, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.
    It shows she doesn't know her EP values, and if she doesn't know her EP values I dread to think what else she doesn't know.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 12:31 AM ----------

I also notice that they are both reforging crit, which implies one copied the other's reforging, or rather one is partially clueless and the other is completely clueless. I would ditch these Rogues if they refuse to improve themselves to be honest.

Also no offence Bovan but your progress is garbage, as an experienced heroic raider let me say that you should realise just pointing someone to shadowcraft is not always the best option. You should first point them to EJ to read the class guides so they can understand why the engine is recommending them those reforges, if they understand more about the fundamentals of the class/spec then it will help them more in the long run, teach a man to fish and all that...
    Last edited by mmocd83fccc0c7; 2012-03-31 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Also no offence Bovan but your progress is garbage, as an experienced heroic raider let me say that you should realise just pointing someone to shadowcraft is not always the best option. You should first point them to EJ to read the class guides so they can understand why the engine is recommending them those reforges, if they understand more about the fundamentals of the class/spec then it will help them more in the long run, teach a man to fish and all that...
    What does my progress have to do with it? I don't know how serious I should take you if you haven't done any raiding since T11 to be honest.

I didn't look at their logs because the only log I could find was an Ultraxion log. Those logs often can't be trusted. Just from looking at the person in question's armory I couldn't see anything majorly wrong besides for two pieces of gear where she decided to drop mastery in favor of crit. Agreed that a better fix for the problem would be to look up EP values, but regardless you should always double check with a simming program. And Shadowcraft is by far the best tool for that job. Telling someone to read a whole guide just to fix a very minor reforging issue feels a little redundant. Unless Shadowcraft bugs out (which I personally didn't see since the start of T13) you'll be fine without knowing EP values and just taking over Shadowcraft's reforging suggestions. The topic creator is asking for advice, what he/she wants is a clear answer to the problem.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-04-01 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know how serious I should take you if you haven't done any raiding since T11 to be honest.
    The last two raiding tiers have been a joke, I'll be back when they actually make a decent raid.

The last two raiding tiers have been a joke, I'll be back when they actually make a decent raid.
    Nobody gives a rats ass what you accomplished two tiers ago. That was then, this is now. Get your head out of your ass and realize, he's more progressed than you, and is enjoying the game, instead of spending time trolling WoW related threads talking about how bad the game is.

Plus you're probably lying anyway. Post proof or gtfo.

Mod Edit: User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2012-04-01 at 09:35 AM.

he says hes doing it right, he cant push better numbers then what hes doing.
    Dump him...

My alt rogue is at same item level and I push 43k on 10 man ultraxion which is considered normal for most competent 400ilevel pre legendary rogues.. If he's doing 28k in that gear in 25 man and can't figure out a way to push out higher numbers especially for a spec that isn't exactly hard to play then he, my good sir, is a peasant.
    Last edited by Mechanima; 2012-04-01 at 03:07 AM.

Yeah we got rid of rogue one today, The second rogue is taking our advice at least. Unfortunately she replaced all her red gems cause thats what the other rogue said to do. but we decided to reimburse those and give her a shot.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we got rid of rogue one today, The second rogue is taking our advice at least. Unfortunately she replaced all her red gems cause thats what the other rogue said to do. but we decided to reimburse those and give her a shot.
    Those who don't even remotely have the patience to learn / Research the class are doomed.

Okay that's cheesy but you get the point; I'm sure sure that rogue will be in fine while the one you removed is probably well ''stuff''