Poll: You rule a country and can only have one -

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Paratroopers can be counted as airforce.
    Assuming that we are using a basis of the U.S. Armed Forces, the Airborne Divisions belong to the U.S. Army, not the Air Force.

Army.

You still need to put boots on the ground to actually invade and take over a nation. With the air force or navy you're screwed once they land troops on your nation.

Anyways I'll need the ground troops to keep the people inline in my country.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Navy.

Aircraft Carriers can win wars alone.
    Pretty sure they cant do anything without the actual "aircrafts" on them.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Pretty sure they cant do anything without the actual "aircrafts" on them.
    Those planes, and the pilots who fly them, are part of the Navy, not the Airfoce.

Deleted
    Army

I will have superior anti air, superior ground forces and u could just setup some missiles that focused on taking out navy.
    Boom no one can touch you.

Navy. The Marines are part of the Navy, and the Navy has solid fighter planes as well. They can support themselves on land, air, and sea, entirely on their own.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you include the Marines with the Navy, then one would be hard pressed not to choose the Navy.

If you exclude the Marines from the Navy, due to them being a separate service in the armed forces, then I'd have to return to my original answer of the Army.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the United States Navy (for example) has more aircraft than the Air Force. Aircraft carriers :P

It would be a hard decision. If you chose navy, you would be very susceptible to ground attacks. I would choose Army, because of this. You can always build anti-aircraft tanks and such, but if you just have an air force or navy... you are too locked into one position. It's like rock paper scissors.

Air Force, but I'm biased...

(pilot)
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Where's the Marines? They cover all bases.

Airforce alone isn't enough to defend, nor is just a ground force or a navy.

Now combine the navy and air force, then we have a proper modern navy and combine them all, we have marines.

This is why you lost TWO Deathstars OP.

TWO
    Technically, the Marine Corps is a Department of the Navy so you could say if you took the Navy you got the USMC as well, but I think he was talking more of a ground, air, or sea based military, not specifically the Air Force, Navy, or Army.

Marines /endthread

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    If you include the Marines with the Navy, then one would be hard pressed not to choose the Navy.

If you exclude the Marines from the Navy, due to them being a separate service in the armed forces, then I'd have to return to my original answer of the Army.
    The Army calls the Marines for help..not the other way around sorry

Air Force.

This is assuming of course that by choosing navy you only get ships, and army you only get ground troops. Of course a Navy these days does have planes, but going by the original post, I assume the rules are more strict.

An air force can take out ground forces and ships with equal ease. Sure a navy can take out planes and ground troops, but not as easily. Same with an army.

Deleted
    Navy, because I would have an island country and no one could ever get past my fleet.

The answer to this question is easy. You should choose navy unless you are landlocked then you should choose air force. Why? Because unless you are landlocked, the navy can protect your country on the seas and project your power anywhere on the globe. Also I didnt consider this in the answer but the US navy technically includes marines as well as navy seals so not only would you have sea and air power but ground forces also.

Navy: Ships, planes, submarines(ICBM), SEALs
    Army: Tanks, helos, ground troops
    Air force: planes, ICBMs

The navy has everything the army and air force have(not as many ground forces). If you are worried about not being able to get inland enough consider that ~90% of the worlds population lives within 100 miles of the worlds oceans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible question, and every answer is wrong because there are too many variables. So many in fact that even if you were to posit OVERALL what would you have they all come out OVERALL equal.

Simple example, your country is small id rather have a navy, your country is large id rather have an army.....this of course depends on whether you are the aggressor or not....and of course depends on terrain and of course depends on the season......and of course depends on infrastructure of your country AND the surrounding question.

I am the battlemaster aurust and i disapprove of this poll

Anyone voting air force obviously doesn't understand that the other branches have planes. Navy also includes marines which is land troops as well so it would be pointless to to pick anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    To be honest, the United States Navy (for example) has more aircraft than the Air Force. Aircraft carriers :P

It would be a hard decision. If you chose navy, you would be very susceptible to ground attacks. I would choose Army, because of this. You can always build anti-aircraft tanks and such, but if you just have an air force or navy... you are too locked into one position. It's like rock paper scissors.
    The army has more boats than the navy also but they are all small. Army is the worst choice since a good navy or air force should be able to keep anyone elses ground forces out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The army has more boats than the navy also but they are all small. Army is the worst choice since a good navy or air force should be able to keep anyone elses ground forces out.
    I'm going to have to agree with you on this.

Considering navy is currently last, does anyone realize that for at least the last 600 years the country with the most powerful navy has been the most prosperous? Spain, England and the US were/are all naval superpowers and during that time were the most powerful countries on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Army. The purpose of the military is more than just fighting enemies..... its to maintain order within the bounds of the country itself. The army can easily deploy and have an impact in establishing structure even in chaotic situations.
    Thats what police are for.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2012-03-31 at 03:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Air force for sure