Elemental World of Logs Review

Hey guys just looking for some feedback on our Elemental Shaman. She has been struggling a little bit in the DPS department and I would appreciate your help.

Character Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ddell/advanced

World of Logs Ultraxion - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5547&e=5763
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

To be more accurate, you should get the Shaman to record/upload the logs, if they aren't hers.

OT:

Flame Shock - 92.7% uptime.
    She cast a LvB without FS up.
    She didn't pre-pot.
    I didn't see any Lava Surge proccs for some reason (does WoL not track it?), but she should have used LvB more times than she did I think.
    Her Fire Totem wasn't up for nearly 20% of the fight.

I'll just let Endus finish up.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-03-30 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1> There's an LvB hit, rather than crit; Flame Shock uptime wasn't sufficient.
    2> Fire Totem uptime is abysmal. While realm changes can cause tracking this to be a bit off if the Shaman isn't the one uploading, that's the difference between the 100% you should see and the ~95% you might see with someone else tracking, not the 57.5% they showed. It appears they had one Searing Totem and one FET cast, meaning at least 30 seconds of the fights without Totemic Wrath or the DPS from the totem.
    3> FET's DPS is showing as ~5600. They're using a Darkmoon Card: Volcano. ~5600 is where the FET would be if you used it at the worst possible time with no Intellect procs, and with DMC:V, you should at bare minimum be popping it with both the DMC:V proc and a potion, meaning it should be closer to 6800-7k or so, or more.

Well her reforging is off. She's favoring haste over mastery which given our 4 pc bonus is wrong. She should be pushing for every ounce of mastery she possibly can, to help keep her time rupture uptime higher. She should also gem mastery over haste.

Other than that, like endus said, with DMC:V, prepot and power torrent proc, her fire ele should be doing about 200k more dmg than it is. I would advise her to make power auras of each proc, and wait for them to line up then pop fire ele.

Also, make sure she's switching unleashed lightning glyph to lightning bolt glyph for 4% extra lb dmg for that fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandorax View Post
    Well her reforging is off. She's favoring haste over mastery which given our 4 pc bonus is wrong. She should be pushing for every ounce of mastery she possibly can, to help keep her time rupture uptime higher. She should also gem mastery over haste.

Other than that, like endus said, with DMC:V, prepot and power torrent proc, her fire ele should be doing about 200k more dmg than it is. I would advise her to make power auras of each proc, and wait for them to line up then pop fire ele.

Also, make sure she's switching unleashed lightning glyph to lightning bolt glyph for 4% extra lb dmg for that fight.
    That's simply wrong. "Haste or mastery" depends purely on how the specefic character sims. As a general rule of thumb, haste and mastery are equal, however.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    That's simply wrong. "Haste or mastery" depends purely on how the specefic character sims. As a general rule of thumb, haste and mastery are equal, however.
    Go look at every single top parsing ele shaman and show me one that has favored haste over mastery, because I can't find any. Every single one of them is running roughly 2500 to 2600 mastery and 2000 to 2250 ish haste.

I have simmed multiple variations of haste and mastery as soon as I got the T13 4 piece and high mastery values have always simmed higher. Haste and mastery were at roughly equal value back in FL, but not anymore. not to mention the fact that the insignia trinket proc or using spiritwalker's grace with resto 4 piece pre pull with Bloodlust up will GCD cap you for a dps loss.

edit : I just simmed her profile as is, then went to chardev and adjusted roughly 400 haste into mastery and re simmed it. The results showed a couple hundred dps increase. Although not major, that increase becomes higher as the gear improves.
    Last edited by Pandorax; 2012-03-31 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandorax View Post
    Go look at every single top parsing ele shaman and show me one that has favored haste over mastery, because I can't find any. Every single one of them is running roughly 2500 to 2600 mastery and 2000 to 2250 ish haste.

I have simmed multiple variations of haste and mastery as soon as I got the T13 4 piece and high mastery values have always simmed higher. Haste and mastery were at roughly equal value back in FL, but not anymore. not to mention the fact that the insignia trinket proc or using spiritwalker's grace with resto 4 piece pre pull with Bloodlust up will GCD cap you for a dps loss.

edit : I just simmed her profile as is, then went to chardev and adjusted roughly 400 haste into mastery and re simmed it. The results showed a couple hundred dps increase. Although not major, that increase becomes higher as the gear improves.
    This is bad advice.

Without the T13 4-piece or DTR, Haste tends to beat Mastery, but not always. With either, they're fairly even for the most part, with Mastery perhaps slightly ahead (but again, not always). With both, Mastery can be firmly stated to be the way to go, but if you don't have the Legendary, you should be running the sims if you want to be sure.