Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    If you're right he was have to say them like "nigotiations, nigative, and nigligent".

What he said was ni-g not ne-g.
    Sorry, but Im from PA (which state he represents..) and when i say Negotiations - it sounds like nigotiations. The other 2, are ne sounds.. but the first one definitely an NI sound. So any form of that word could possibly be what he was trying to say. Either way, if he woulda just came out and said what he was going to say instead of stumbling, there wouldnt have been a problem, because he wasnt saying the n-bomb IMO. Im still not a huge fan of him regardless, but hes better than mitt romney. I actually support paul, but he is such a long shot at this point.
    Stormrage A US

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    Are you...

Really that naive?
    Are you...

Are you really that good at reading minds?

Quote Originally Posted by JiB View Post
    Sorry, but Im from PA (which state he represents..) and when i say Negotiations - it sounds like nigotiations. The other 2, are ne sounds.. but the first one definitely an NI sound. So any form of that word could possibly be what he was trying to say. Either way, if he woulda just came out and said what he was going to say instead of stumbling, there wouldnt have been a problem, because he wasnt saying the n-bomb IMO. Im still not a huge fan of him regardless, but hes better than mitt romney. I actually support paul, but he is such a long shot at this point.
    If it wasn't "nigger" but was "negotiations" then why did he stop himself from speaking entirely? Because he was about to say nigger.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt he's that stupid.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Seems like a freudian slip to me.
    Gotta agree with this, based on how much he stumbled over all his words there.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So...I like how suddenly everyone is using (Or people are claiming they meant to use) the description "niggardly" when I haven't heard any of them use it until very recently.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So...I like how suddenly everyone is using (Or people are claiming they meant to use) the description "niggardly" when I haven't heard any of them use it until very recently.
    Niggardly sounds like some kind of word a 5 year old racist would use.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    If it wasn't "nigger" but was "negotiations" then why did he stop himself from speaking entirely? Because he was about to say nigger.
    Wow we are wanting to make this work aren't you? I know when I stumble in the middle of a prepared speech it takes me a moment or two to recover and get back in track. I guess when you give speeches you deliver them with computer like accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    I doubt he's that stupid.
    He is, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    Niggardly sounds like some kind of word a 5 year old racist would use.. lol
    No, it sounds like a word Charles Dickens would use. it's ab out as common a term as "nether eye."

I think he is an asshat, but I'll go with negotiations said with a "nigotiations" sound to it. He's a tool but no way would he commit political suicide with the use of that word.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I am certainly no fan of his or Romney, I seriously doubt that is any sort of "n-bomb".....
    He stumbled on his words, got tongue-tied while trying to talk too fast, whatever....

Confirmed: I'm a conservative and all conservatives are racist. We don't ever stumble verbally, everything we say is deliberate. Our entire agendas can be extrapolated with 10 second sound bites. /sarcasm

I don't know the guy, but this is really reaching and it probably only sounds like "nig" because the suggestion was already planted.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the more funny thing is that he's attempting to use the phrase "anti-war" as an insult.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I think the more funny thing is that he's attempting to use the phrase "anti-war" as an insult.
    I'm guessing to him, it's the same as being anti-America.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Confirmed: I'm a conservative and all conservatives are racist. We don't ever stumble verbally, everything we say is deliberate. Our entire agendas can be extrapolated with 10 second sound bites. /sarcasm

I don't know the guy, but this is really reaching and it probably only sounds like "nig" because the suggestion was already planted.
    Yep it's a fact...all you right leaning peeps are Racist hicks and us lefters are Marxist scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Wow we are wanting to make this work aren't you? I know when I stumble in the middle of a prepared speech it takes me a moment or two to recover and get back in track. I guess when you give speeches you deliver them with computer like accuracy.
    I don't need to make anything work because, it's what he was midway into saying. There's no question about it.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Looking at the video and knowing the guy's history it's highly likely that he was indeed going to use the racist n-word there.

It doesn't take a prepared speech for my mother to need a few moments. She has a speech problem that makes people say she's stupid. She can't say Predicament, Nuclear, or a vast number of other words. She can hear them in her head but they don't come out right when she says them. usually we have to help her along because if she can't say it, or it just won't come out at all (which happens to her too, there are days she can't even say there) she'll just give up and drop it until she finds the right word she can say. So no not going to buy that whole he was gauging the audience's reaction. Because not everyone is a genius at speech.

As for the one that said it's neh-gotiations. I have never heard it pronounced that way and I'm 28 going on 29. However Nih-gotiation is the way I've heard it pronounced all my life, and I'm Californian.

Think it says more about you as a person that you automatically think he was going to say something racist