Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think an engineer would write better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    you're having an affair? whom with why didnt you tell us?
    My swenglish is epic ikr X)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulvar View Post
    I think an engineer would write better.
    Long working shift obviously haha.

Request ID of the men that pick it up, passport will be fine, and photograph them and the ID. Next, make them sign a receipt of all they have picked up.
    Most scammers have fake IDs, so making a copy of a fake ID and getting a fake signature, would be pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    contact paypal about it, ask what proof you will need in case he does try to dispute it.
    in general a video recording with a newspaper to show the day, and with video' of the movers vehicle(make sure it is a company vehicle) and company ID should work
    and continuing on to show the property being moved.

i had someone try to do that with a $300 TCG card El Pollo Grande,
    i sent a video with me at the post office mailing a certified letter to them with the correct address.
    (ofc showing me putting the card in the envelope)
    they didn't get their money back.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

contact paypal about it, ask what proof you will need in case he does try to dispute it.
    in general a video recording with a newspaper to show the day, and with video' of the movers vehicle(make sure it is a company vehicle) and company ID should work
    and continuing on to show the property being moved.

i had someone try to do that with a $300 TCG card El Pollo Grande,
    i sent a video with me at the post office mailing a certified letter to them with the correct address.
    they didn't get their money back.
    It's better to just avoid the whole situation, instead of trying to fight a battle with the scammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't trust it. Generally if somebody from another country wants to buy something and says that he's currently in a third country that sounds fishy to me, I'd say ask for cash and if he doesn't accept that find someone else. Not worth the gamble imho.

Deleted
    Well I totally agree. Why would a random brit (no offence <3) be located on a ship in Barmuda and browse on a swedish ebay site?...

For Paypal to reverse charges it must first go through a dispute process. A "Chargeback" is otherwise done by the credit card company, if there is evidence of fraud, if the item never arrives etc.

There is no "cancel payment" button necessarily once a transaction is completed. As mentioned already, prove that you shipped the item as ordered, ask for a copy of the waybill when the courier picks it up. If it never arrives to the buyer, the liability is on the courier, not you.

https://cms.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/?c...chargeback_faq

from my country's paypal FAQ, should remain true elsewhere as for PayPal's policies on disputes and chargebacks.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    Well I totally agree. Why would a random brit (no offence <3) be located on a ship in Barmuda and browse on a swedish ebay site?...
    The same reasons when I go to buy phones for my boss and the only sellers I get are in Hong Kong.

PayPal actually investigate the money back claims, they never just do it automatically. If the guy tries to dispute, they will contact you for the proof that the goods were sent. My girlfriend does a LOT of online shopping (pretty much the only shopping she does) and in fact learned to ONLY trust people who use PayPal over other services.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Not too long ago a friend of mine was selling his bike, he got a message saying that the buyer whould pay for shipping and that he lived in another country. I whouldn´t trust this one either as many have pointed out.

Deleted
    The second part of your message was not written by a native English speaker, which is a warning sign if he says he is from the UK. Theres a chance it's legit of course but it's at least 90% likely to be a scam.

Private Courier Service = scam. first sign.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Similar to a scammer who contacted my sister when she was selling her car.

The scammer said "Hi I would love to buy your car as my wife had a new child and needs a car to get around. But I am in the navy inter-state so I am unable to pick the car up. I can set-up pick up of the vehicle for you to have it sent interstate to my wife. I can pay with paypal as it's the most secure and safe way to pay."

Googled the stuff and it was a copy+paste other people have been sent.

The take your stuff.....pay you with paypal....wait a few days...reclaim the money. Most likely you can't do anything because any details they gave you = fake

its a definite scam. i get tons of emails exactly like that from people on craigslist. The fact that he doesnt specify what hes buying at all, is a dead giveaway.

dont escrow, if he wants it he pays for it then u ship, thats the only way to go. ive been selling in ebay for like 6 years, when i posted my aunts 2000 dollar worth necklace i get a lot of requests like the one u got.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not read the full thread as the topic is mildly amusing but not enough to waste my time reading the responses of others......

YOU WANT PAYPAL TO SCAM YOU....so you can sue them and get more money. I am aware of this and so are paypal's highly paid lawyers. Think of it as a mutually assured destruction game....one where their losses would far outweigh yours.

You must understand that i hold the absolute lowest regard for my fellow human beings and that I view mostly everyone as an utter waste of molecules.....i hold out a very dim hope that you can comprehend my advice AND APPLY it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjew102 View Post
    Most scammers have fake IDs, so making a copy of a fake ID and getting a fake signature, would be pointless.
    As well as assuming he is out of country, there is a whole lot of bureaucracy to go through making it even more of a headache for you, and meaning he will probably get away with it until it becomes a reoccurring problem and both sides decide to do something about it. I mean, there are horror stories of moving companies being made and stealing every possession people own when they are "moving" it to the new home. Those people just seem to fall of the grid and I don't imagine that would be too hard to do using a fake address, especially when you are in a whole different country.

Save yourself the hassle, be patient and find someone local.