Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Would you be jealous of the superior Alpha-Male?

Hypothetical Scenario: Let's say you were going to the beach with your girlfriend. You park your car, get your stuff and just as you and her are about to walk away from your car.......A guy pulls up in a drop-top Ferrari GT and swerves into the parking spot right next to you. He gets out of the car and not only is he taller than you, he's better looking too. His shirt is off and his six pack is crazy, he pretty much looks like a Calvin Klein model.

On top of this, his girlfriend looks like a Victoria's Secret supermodel and makes your girlfriend look like a butterface. Not to mention she has bigger boobs too. To add insult to injury your girlfriend is clearly checking him out, as much as she's trying not to make it obvious to you. You glance into his car and notice a Harvard/Yale/Cambridge/Other amazing university student I.D., proving he's intelligent. Lastly the guy smiles and says hello to you politely as he passes by, proving he also isn't a douchebag.

In the face of a clearly superior Alpha-Male that is essentially better than you in every way. Would you be jealous?

Nope, because thre is no reason to be jealous as long as I am happy.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

I'm a grown ass man dawg.

Deleted
    notice a Harvard/Yale/Cambridge/Other amazing university student I.D., proving he's intelligent.
    Because I feel like noting it: Bush went to Yale and Harvard and Cameron went to Cambridge. They really don't prove intelligence necessarily. Money tends to factor in. None the less, carry on.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Not at all.

I am quite happy with who I am, and am comfortable being a "normal" person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    No, I have always been happy with who I am.

And my boyfriend even if he isnt better looking is actualy perfect for me and i would not trade that for anything :>

Deleted
    Why would I be jealous....

I'm built, too intelligent for my own good (Imagine Sheldon, but with sociology) and I wouldn't buy something so wasteful. Economically and environmentally efficient cars are what you ought to buy. As I live in a city I walk/cycle everywhere I need to go.

So what happened to you OP? Alpha hit on your gal?

Not everyone might be jealous of said Alpha-Male, but I'm sure most people would be envious of something he has whether it be the girl, the money, the degree, or the looks. It's pretty much basic instinct to want the best out of life, I don't know many people who would turn down a Ferrari or other extremely nice car.
    My First Self-Built PC ^.^
    MB: Gigabyte Z68 || MEM: 4Gx2 G. Skill || CPU: Intel Core I5 2500k || PSU: Corsair 750W
    Video: GeForce GTX 560 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB || OS: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton68Zeppelin View Post
    Not everyone might be jealous of said Alpha-Male, but I'm sure most people would be envious of something he has whether it be the girl, the money, the degree, or the looks. It's pretty much basic instinct to want the best out of life, I don't know many people who would turn down a Ferrari or other extremely nice car.
    I'd take a smart car over one any day of the week.

My only weakness is muscle cars. But that's personal preference, not the prestige factor.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Hypothetical Scenario: Let's say you were going to the beach with your girlfriend. You park your car, get your stuff and just as you and her are about to walk away from your car.......A guy pulls up in a drop-top Ferrari GT and swerves into the parking spot right next to you. He gets out of the car and not only is he taller than you, he's better looking too. His shirt is off and his six pack is crazy, he pretty much looks like a Calvin Klein model.

On top of this, his girlfriend looks like a Victoria's Secret supermodel and makes your girlfriend look like a butterface. Not to mention she has bigger boobs too. To add insult to injury your girlfriend is clearly checking him out, as much as she's trying not to make it obvious to you. You glance into his car and notice a Harvard/Yale/Cambridge/Other amazing university student I.D., proving he's intelligent. Lastly the guy smiles and says hello to you politely as he passes by, proving he also isn't a douchebag.

In the face of a clearly superior Alpha-Male that is essentially better than you in every way. Would you be jealous?
    Even if he went to harvard/yale, whatever doesn't mean he's smarter. Most of the people in the bush administration went to the ivy league and they couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag. If he's not a d-bag then it's ok, and if she's checking out him, then I can check out the rack on his gf guilt free.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot to mention if he has a big wiener or not. I don't know if I'd be jealous, but I sure would want his phone number...

Nope not in the least. If anything i'd be happy that he wasn't just a jerkoff. I'd like to have money, and expensive cars and such, but at the end of the day you never know if those people are truly happy or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Half the people posting in this thread are liars hahaha.
    Probability says no. The odds of everyone who frequents MMO Champ is a "beta" are pretty low if you look at their traffic records. Also most long term posters are already fully grown adults who don't exactly care, or even want, the "alpha2 persona. They're often too busy doing important things :P

Hells nah, i wouldnt blame my gf for checking him because id have a good excuse for checking out the other guys gf!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Probability says no. The odds of everyone who frequents MMO Champ is a "beta" are pretty low if you look at their traffic records. Also most long term posters are already fully grown adults who don't exactly care, or even want, the "alpha2 persona. They're often too busy doing important things :P
    Wrong.

The sample space that the "large amount of traffic" for MMO-Champion comes from, is largely of the beta variety.

Half the people posting in this thread are liars hahaha.
    And you know this how? I personally wouldn't care. My GF is more then welcome to check him out, as I would most definitely be checking out his GF.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifsara View Post
    Nope, because thre is no reason to be jealous as long as I am happy.
    That exactly...And if you're jealous your gf is checking him out...YOU HAVE A Victoria's Secret supermodel to look at too...

Guys are such pussies nowadays...DAMN...Don't be jealous of what you can't have if what you have already suits you...You'll NEVER be happy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I'm built, too intelligent for my own good (Imagine Sheldon, but with sociology) and I wouldn't buy something so wasteful.
    This sentence here screams of someone trying vigorously to prove something over the internet.

Of all the posters in this thread, I'd wager that you're the most beta in real life. I mean no offence though, just an observation.

It makes no difference how old you are or how 'busy doing important things' you are to be showcased your own insecurities from a 15 second interaction with some stranger. Humans are naturally insecure and second guessing themselves, there is no shame in being able to ADMIT that your confidence is NOT iron strong 100% of the time no matter what random scenario may come your way. Be real people.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 01:48 PM ----------

Also this.
    I have to say I disagree partly. There is no shame in not being the big, strong massively confident kind of person, but to assume all people are naturally insecure is a bit of an exaggeration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Wrong.

The sample space that the "large amount of traffic" for MMO-Champion comes from, is largely of the beta variety.
    Even if you were to say 1/1,000 are "alpha", that still leaves the odds in the favor that some people who post on MMOC will not be beta.

Also just look into the fitness forums :P