Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exploring Pandaria with Eagle Eye: Some interesting finds! (Videos included)

On the beta, only Jade Forest is open. If you try to enter the other zones, you will get a "No Man's Land" debuff, and after 5 seconds you will be teleported to your faction's starting area. However, with Eagle Eye/Farsight, you can pretty much explore the whole continent. I have put together some videos for the zones, and there are some interesting things

The macro I am using is:

#showtooltip Eagle Eye
    /cast !Eagle Eye

If you want to be able to use Eagle Eye while already spectating a place, you must use the above macro. I don't think Far sight requires a macro for the same thing.

Keep in mind, there are many areas which immediately cancel Eagle Eye. I believe this is a bug with the spell (I can verify that this is NOT range affected, as there are even areas in Jade Forest where I can't eagle eye too. Far Sight is also affected by this)

Scroll to the bottom for some finds regarding the unnamed island to the northwest of Pandaria

Valley of the Four Winds

Valley of the Four winds seems to be the most finished. It is a completely inland, grassland zone.There is a large farming village, which will likely be where the farmville quests are. There is a level 90 area on the high plateau to the north of the zone, which is only accessible by flying mount. There are also stairs leading to a location high up in the mountains bordering Kun Lai Summit, where there is a weird structure with a classic purple instance portal. Stormstout brewery is, as Blizzard has said, as big on the outside as it is on the inside. The zone is separated from Jade Forest by a steep drop into a river, from Krasarang Wilds by a short cliff, from Valley of the Eternal Blossoms by a tall mountain range and from Dread wastes by the Great Wall of Pandaria, which the mantids have broken through in one small area, spreading some sha corruption (the mantid's model is a place holder, DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE REUSED MODEL)

Krasarang Wilds

Krasarang Wilds is a costal, thick jungle zone. While it seems mostly finished, the instance entrance, Temple of the Red Crane, is completely untextured, as are some of the buildings in other parts of the zone. One of the islands has test NPCs on it. Temple of the Red Crane seems to have sha corruption (the sha can walk on the ceiling!). This zone doesn't have as many settlements as other zones; there is a jinyu village, a mogu ruin and some pandaren huts along the beaches, and there is an area with a large battle between Pandaren and the sea creatures, I do not know their names (not the jinyu)

Dread wastes

Probably the least finished zone, there is only one mob in the whole zone (which is interestingly a crypt lord, although this seems like a test mob), and some buildings are not complete. This is on the other side of the wall from Valley of the Four Winds, and the whole zone seems affected by sha corruption, and it all looks pretty crazy (the sky effect is amazing, you can see it in areas such as the jade serpent statue in Jade Forest). There is an instance here which I can't go near, as it breaks eagle eye. (Although I do find a way up to it, there is no instance portal. From this point on, by the way, it becomes harder to tell which instance is which, as the maps are incomplete). These massive trees are also in Townlong Steppes, but they are corrupted here, and seem to have doorways leading into them (although only two of them actually are working properly!). There is a Dead Scar-esque thing running through the zone which leads up to the gate which borders Dread Wastes and Valley of Eternal Blossoms. This zone is not separated from Townlong Steppes, they blend into eachother like Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord.

Kun Lai Summit P

This seems like the biggest zone. It is a tundra in the south, and mountains in the north. The mountain part really is phenomenal, and it seems one of the quests involves a mountain climbing challenge (with an avalanche!). There are pandaren monasteries throughout the mountains, one of these is the instance Shadow-Pan Monastery. At the beach to the northeast, there are zandalari troll invaders! This has led people to believe that the mysterious unknown island to the northwest of the continent is the Zandalari homeland (read further down!). I found an instance hidden away in the mountains, and it is only accessible by flying mount. This is likely a raid instance. In the tundra flatlands, there are many Yaungol villages/farms, some destroyed. There are hozen camps in the foothills, a gate to Valley of Eternal Blossoms to the south, and the great wall to the west, bordering Townlong Steppes. There is some sha corruption near the great wall, and a quest hub north of the VoEB gate with SI:7 agents. In the south east, there is a lake with a corrupted island, and south of this there is a cave through the mountain with a river running through it, that has 2 exits, although both seem to cancel eagle eye). One of these exits seems to lead into some high mesas in Jade Forest, the other leads to the mountains of Valley of the Four Winds from what I could tell.

There is some info at the bottom of the post about the world boss here, the Sha of Anger.

Townlong Steppes

This zone is like Dread Wastes without the corruption. There are some hostile Yaungol guarding the gate to Kun Lai Summit, and to the south of this there is a big battle between Yaungol and Pandaren. To the west, there is a big Yaungol town. This zone is pretty empty of settlements as well, although there is a castle area owned by friendly Pandaren, with some sort of Yak God. Shortly to the southwest of this, is a massive tree which is not yet completely modeled (it has an epic tile texture :P). This is probably the location of the mantid raid (there are a lot of mantid in a fort nearby). There is a big island to the north west of the zone, but it seems pretty empty at the moment.

Valley of Eternal Blossoms

The central zone of the continent. Accessible by Kun Lai Summit from the North, and Dread wastes from the east. This is probably the smallest zone. It has lots of mogu; with a really impressive looking mogu temple to the east (it is also an instance, may be a raid), giant crossed mogu spears over a mountain pass, and two smaller mogu temples to the north and south of this eastern section. Eagle eye unfortunately broke just about everywhere along the southern border. There is a small canyon to the north with red trees; in this there is a very large underground mogu temple guarded by a named spider.

Sha of Anger

Looks like we have ourselves a world boss!

It seems like a Rift Event: This spawns somewhere in the zone, and mobs near it turn elite and start attacking everything around them. The boss itself has 348 million health.

Each spawn point seems to affect a different creature. One is Hozen, one is Yaungol, one is Mushan (a wierd kodo-lizard), one is Sprite.

It changes location quite frequently, but it isnt a random location; it has 3 or 4 set locations, all in the southern half of the zone, and you can see it from very far away. In fact, in one certain spawn point, you can see it from the Jade Forest horde starting area

Mysterious Island

This is unnamed at the moment. My eagle eye unfortunately couldn't get up to it. The closest I could get was the small strip of safe water on the north side of that Townlong Steppes island. I have seen people speculate that this is a Troll island. I got close enough to take these screenshots:

There are 3 visible structures here: 2 small coastal ones, and one very large one at the back. Those are clearly Mogu buildings, not Troll buildings. So it's probably not a troll island. I wish I could get closer, but eagle eye keeps cancelling! Some sort of bug, or maybe Blizzard doesnt want us to see it /conspiracy face
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-03-31 at 10:25 PM.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    that Sha looks incredible!

Deleted
    World Boss look's badass, i wonder if the island will be like another Tol'Barad

Sha of Anger Causes Anger!

I thought they only manifest from negative energy, now it seems like they cause them too? This is interesting

Rough spawn locations of the Sha of Anger
    Stulti se laudant.

10+ Year Old Account
    That "mysterious island", isnt that the zandalari island ?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    That "mysterious island", isnt that the zandalari island ?
    That's what people are saying, but look at the screenshots, those aren't troll buildings :\
    Stulti se laudant.

I love these videos man, good job and thanks for the videos!

Deleted
    Sha of Anger... Damn, that's pretty much the coolest model I've ever seen. I'm really impressed by it.

While dealing with the horrendous spawn rate of the 15 monkey scavenger quest, be on the lookout for this!
    Stulti se laudant.

The Zandalari Island is the little one above Kun Lai Summit.

You have given me info... Therefore I shall give you a hug... HUG! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    It is really small though, and doesn't have any buildings on it except for a mogu ruin. There are 3 landed troll canoes, though.

Something odd is happening, by the way. I was scouting just a few mins ago, then the server went down. Now it is back up, and I can't eagle eye back to the troll coast, even though I was just there a few minutes ago. I think Blizzard might be up to something...<.< >.>

EDIT: Uh Oh....I can't eagle eye into a big section of Kun Lai Summit now....TINFOIL HAT

EDIT2: Servers are highly unstable at the moment, so it could all be bugs :\
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-03-31 at 02:02 PM.
    Stulti se laudant.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    Givne that Pandaria has been under the mists since the Sundering, it wouldn't make much sense if the Zandalari's main island was so close to them, and were just "Derpaderp, where'd they go and what is with that big mist bank?"

As was explained by a CM or a dev, the Zandalari are to the pandaren, as the boogyman is to a young child: A seemingly make-believe "creature of the night" that will come and get you if you are bad. Wherever the Zandalari island is (which we most likely will deal with, since the Zandalari are VERY old enemies of the Pandaren), it is highly doubtful to be close enough to Pandaria to be within visual sight of the continent.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Givne that Pandaria has been under the mists since the Sundering, it wouldn't make much sense if the Zandalari's main island was so close to them, and were just "Derpaderp, where'd they go and what is with that big mist bank?"

As was explained by a CM or a dev, the Zandalari are to the pandaren, as the boogyman is to a young child: A seemingly make-believe "creature of the night" that will come and get you if you are bad. Wherever the Zandalari island is (which we most likely will deal with, since the Zandalari are VERY old enemies of the Pandaren), it is highly doubtful to be close enough to Pandaria to be within visual sight of the continent.
    IMO, the Zandalari island is going to be added in a patch. It definitely isn't part of the continent as of now.
    Stulti se laudant.

The Zandalar Trolls are tight allies with the Mogu, so chance is that they've just settled down in the Mogu's palaces for the time being. Can't wait for the Sha model to be animated, the Mantid one too, they look absolutely stunning. Great job with the zone ''fly-overs'', looks great.

Awesome findings man =)

So much win right here that it makes me want to spit soda on my screen....

AFK: Napkin and Windex.

The zones look really nice, what I'm wondering is how long the respawn on Sha of Anger is and how many people will it be geared for?

The Sha of Anger looks amazing