Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MoP Beta Ask the Enhancement.

Right so i got in MoP 2 days ago and as an Enhancement if anyone who does not have annual pass or for whatever reason are not in MoP, feel free to ask in this thread any questions that you are wondering about our spec
    (Will also answer some Elemental questions but i'd prefer to keep it mainly Enhancement.)

Try and set it out if its a question:

Q: Example Question here.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Have you noticed any improvements with the searing totem/feral spirits AI? Or bugs?

-Have you noticed any mana problems, spec in dungeons?

-When will you hit lvl 87 so we can see ascendance? Hurry up!

Deleted
    -Is it any different from cata?

-Worth respecing from elemental to Ench?

-Is it any fun?

-Any signs of Shaman tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    No one can hit 87 yet. Max level in beta right now is 86.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    No one can hit 87 yet. Max level in beta right now is 86.
    Aww....

Blizz is such a tease.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Have you noticed any improvements with the searing totem/feral spirits AI? Or bugs?

-Have you noticed any mana problems, spec in dungeons?

- Spirit Wolves no longer being controllable via a pet bar their AI is slightly downgraded and they also take time to react, the same goes for Searing Totem really in the fact the reaction time in attacking is slower but generally the same as live atm.

- No mana problems in either spec in the only dungeon open for testing.

- As already stated not possible yet but i'm level 86 atm so hopefully not too far away for them to unlock it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WowAydin View Post
    -Is it any different from cata?

-Worth respecing from elemental to Ench?

-Is it any fun?

-Any signs of Shaman tanks?
    - I'm not sure in what way you mean this so i'll give a few goes in how its different and how it's not. Basically the rotation is basically the same without the totems being popped at the start, however a few good things to note is that the new Stormlash Totem adds a huge ammount of burst due to mastery scaling with it which is quite nice. Also i've been playing around with Totem Projection and from what i've seen this is a godlike talent that i love as it doesn't have to be xx range close to the totems its based around the player allowing the player to move quite a distance and then using it and yeah.

- I have always had fun with Enhancement so it would have had to do something henious for me to not have fun anymore :P

- No sign of Shaman tanks really the Empowered Weapon Enchant Talent however (which i know from research) does allow your unleash elements to reduce your damage taken by 40% for xx seconds.

Searing and normal fire elemental have the same AI as far as I can tell. The only nice thing so far is that FET is a nice DPS CD for enh now. It's really high uptime even without the level 90 talent with 1m40s duration every 3m.

Sprint is badass.

Enh got some crazy defense. I've been running Astral Shift and Ancestral Guidance so far (haven't really played around with the others), with Sham Rage it's very easy to pop AG with a dmg reducer and dps myself to full HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that is correct Searing and Fire Ele have the same AI and yes the Elemental is actually a viable single target dps cd now. And the survivability and sprint were long overdue but welcome changes i agree (i've also been playing around with Astral Shift and Ancestral Guidance) and they make life such a breeze when levelling i got to admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, fire elemental got a dps boost, and fire elemental puts up searing flames on the target really fast, you actually get 5 stacks double as fast as with searing totem. So you have 5 stacks when Lava Lash is half way off cd.

Feral spirit is kinda bad. When you activated them, they just sit by your side for 3 sec before they start attacking. Basically because they follow the "attack my target" stance, which seem to have some delay.

Fire elemental did the same thing as on live in regards to activation, you place the totem and the elemental is already going wild with his newly gained massive dps.

That we got spirit walk as a separate ability is just plain awesome! And it lasts for ages, and I love how we only have to press one ability to sprint and not two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maios View Post
    Searing and normal fire elemental have the same AI as far as I can tell. The only nice thing so far is that FET is a nice DPS CD for enh now. It's really high uptime even without the level 90 talent with 1m40s duration every 3m.
    Fire Ele lasts for 1m40s on 3m cd? That's with the glyph right? I thought the glyph reduced your cd but also the duration......shouldn't it be 3mcd but lasts only 40s?
    - Spirit Wolves no longer being controllable via a pet bar their AI is slightly downgraded and they also take time to react, the same goes for Searing Totem really in the fact the reaction time in attacking is slower but generally the same as live atm.
    Feral spirit is kinda bad. When you activated them, they just sit by your side for 3 sec before they start attacking. Basically because they follow the "attack my target" stance, which seem to have some delay.
    That's a bummer....hope they fix them up to be faster and more responsive. Do they also depend on your flame shock/SS debuff, or will they switch targets when you switch based just on melee attacks?

does spirit walk(sprint) still remove your impairing effect and have some immune time the same as cata?

At the level 60 tier talent, Echo could copy Windfury Weapon Proc or maybe even Lava Lash? how much is the proc chance?

How does Ancestral Guidance act in a group?
    Does it heal the closest target? The most wounded? Yourself?

How smart is it. Or is it dumber than dirt and just heals randomly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinhn View Post
    does spirit walk(sprint) still remove your impairing effect and have some immune time the same as cata?
    Not that i've noticed, no.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kallaesia View Post
    At the level 60 tier talent, Echo could copy Windfury Weapon Proc or maybe even Lava Lash? how much is the proc chance?
    From my testing i've noticed no Windfury or Lava Lash copies, i have seen it proc earth shock, flame shock and lightning bolt a few times aswell.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    How does Ancestral Guidance act in a group?
    Does it heal the closest target? The most wounded? Yourself?

How smart is it. Or is it dumber than dirt and just heals randomly.
    From what i noticed it would heal myself or the closest target usually but at times it seems a bit random.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 11:11 AM ----------

That's a bummer....hope they fix them up to be faster and more responsive. Do they also depend on your flame shock/SS debuff, or will they switch targets when you switch based just on melee attacks?
    From what i noticed there was no SS or FS mechanic making them attack it just seemed to be a bit after i started attacking, so if it is using a mechanic such as that its being very unresponsive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kallaesia View Post
    echo of elements how much is the proc chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Do you feel that the 2-minute CD on Spirit Walk is too long?

Q: follow-up/similar question - especially since, as you claim, it doesn't seem to remove movement-impairing effects anymore, let alone make you immune to it?

Q: I suppose you may be biased since we've had it for a while, but have you noticed any major drawbacks about keeping the same AoE mechanics?

(I know I personally desperately want something less reliant on Flame Shock and cleave)

Q: Are there any talents you've tried out that you feel aren't powerful enough? (e.g. Does Stone Bulwark come at all close to matching the usefulness of the old glyphed Stoneclaw?)
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-01 at 12:25 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Q: Do you feel that the 2-minute CD on Spirit Walk is too long?

Q: follow-up/similar question - especially since, as you claim, it doesn't seem to remove movement-impairing effects anymore, let alone make you immune to it?

Q: I suppose you may be biased since we've had it for a while, but have you noticed any major drawbacks about keeping the same AoE mechanics?

(I know I personally desperately want something less reliant on Flame Shock and cleave)

Q: Are there any talents you've tried out that you feel aren't powerful enough? (e.g. Does Stone Bulwark come at all close to matching the usefulness of the old glyphed Stoneclaw?)
    - I feel like its a good sized sprint mechanic especially considering we have ghost wolf also.

- I haven't tested this mechanic if you are immune with it up, however i will test it asap.

- I like this mechanic of aoe especially in the new dungeon available: Temple of the Jade Serpent, as it allows a nice ammount of aoe without having to change target too much.

- In regards to talents i'm not impressed with, i think that there are two tiers which are very disappointing as Enhancement: Level 30 and Level 60 tiers. The level 30 tier i can't see much use as enhancement due to its about rooting and slowing as a melee unless you are kiting or pvping i don't see much use in this. The level 60 tier is supposed to be one of the "damage buff talents" for shaman and the only one that had a hope, Echo of the Elements, procs on very few spells that we use often making it the best out of a bad choice so this could be better. In regards to Stone Bulwark i think it would be a very optimum replacement of the old glyphed stoneclaw, but i think it won't scale so as an expansion progresses you will want to go for Astral Shift more.

i asume now wolfs will work as elementals on live so u can use agility trinkets and potions and it will take snapshot AP for rest of duration

Q: Any noticable scaling changes to Wolves and or Fire Elemental?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Q: Any noticable scaling changes to Wolves and or Fire Elemental?
    Not that i can tell no (due to a lack of addons i can't record numbers well so i can only really go by the feel of how much they do)

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    i asume now wolfs will work as elementals on live so u can use agility trinkets and potions and it will take snapshot AP for rest of duration
    I'd been doing the agility boosts with wolves anyways before i popped them, but i would assume since i are now counted as guardians the same rule applies as the elementals.