Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a useless way to compare. The only way to compare abilities is with end-level scaling values firmly established, and within the context of all the other class abilities. You can't take one ability out of context at level 85 and claim the numbers mean anything at all.
    Would you of preferred that I use Frost Mages self bubble instead?
    Either way it turns out to be the same.

As the guy has already stated; you will be better off taking Ancestral Shift as it is a better CD, one it doesn't use up a totem slot and 2 it will save you for those OH S*** moments than a crappy bubble.

You can say that I'm looking down on this and this maybe true, but I had to deal with the crappy bubble we had forever and now that we have a decent bubble, it in my eyes, is falling short of what I expected.
    Last edited by Thalais; 2012-04-06 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    Would you of preferred that I use Frost Mages self bubble instead?
    Either way it turns out to be the same.
    No, because the entire method you're using is flawed.

You can't compare Shaman Ability A to Priest Ability B. Not unless you factor in every other Shaman ability against every other Priest ability. It's the synergy of all of a class' abilities that matters, not one ability outside of the context of reality.

Q:I've been hearing a lot about a new priority or something in MoP, can anyone elaborate?
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    Q:I've been hearing a lot about a new priority or something in MoP, can anyone elaborate?
    I'm still doing the same old on beta.. The only things i can imagine that will be changing is that we might be inclined to use Maelstrom weapon at a higher priority and maybe wolves at higher priority if they finally get some proper scaling.

on a unrelated note - Searing totem seems to be alot better with attacking targets. I specifically placed it before engaging in combat and i did NOT use Stormstrike or Flameshock and it started attacking my target after my initial Earthshock that i used to pull with.

If searing is on an assist mechanic it will just mean you'll have to replace your totem if you swap target perhaps.

Also with the wolves, has anyone tried one of the old /petattack macro's to make the wolves change target? I use it at the moment on my Wolves in Live, and I know they've lost their pet bars and the AI is supposed to control it now, but perhaps the old macro may yet work.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    *** Are there any Shaman on Beta who can do me a favor? I want to post my comments on the Enhance feedback thread in the Beta Classes forum. Please let me know and I will PM you my comments and if you can please copy and paste it onto the thread for me, thanks alot. ***

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    Other then the new totems you gotta drop one at a time, it seems like the rotation is still the same. The only difference I can see is Flame shocks longer duration doesn't sync well with ULE. You will either have to clip it (which I guess is not a big deal anymore), or use this rotation that I figured out and think works:

ULE>FLS>ULE>wait 6 sec>FLS>ULE>FLS>ULE>wait 6 sec>FLS

Since ULE's buff lasts 8 sec, if for every other ULE you wait till buff is almost falling off to refresh FLS, you will get an extra 2 ticks and have it almost last the full duration before refreshing (old 18s+6=24). Another possible complication is that Ele Blast will probably benefit from the FT's bonus fire damage since it's a multi school spell, this might make you use EB w/ ULE, and so you will just use FLS as part of your regular shock rotation......1FLS and 3 ES, then back to FLS.

Well, if you felt like it (which it will probably be worth it), you could always glyph Flame Shock. That makes the duration 30 seconds. It lines up perfectly with every other UE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Well, if you felt like it (which it will probably be worth it), you could always glyph Flame Shock. That makes the duration 30 seconds. It lines up perfectly with every other UE.
    I guess that is true too, could use the other ULE for EB or something if you pick up the talent. The only issue would be if you don't have EB, cause ULE FT can only be used by FLS or FN.....well maybe LB with the UF talent. We have to use ULE and shocks regularly since they give buffs or needed to fill in gaps for our rotation. Using FLS w/ ULE everytime replaces the ES you would have used anyway, and FLS's instant damage w/ buff might even be better then ES's instant damage. Will be interested to see what the math ends up being on all that.

I would assume LB does more then ES or FLS for instant damage and might replace the spell we use ULE with if we have the UF talent, if not and we go with EB then ULE will prob be used for EB. For either talent we would just use FLS in regular shock rotation to maintain the buff (1FLS: 3ES), and the glyph would prob be useful there to let us use more ES instead of FLS which will do less instant damage since it doesn't get the FT buff. For Primal Ele talent though, we will prob still use ULE w/ FLS and not use the glyph.

Hey Radux.....you wanna help me post my Enhance suggestions on the Beta forums lol? Or anyone else thats in Beta? I would really appreciate it..