Deleted

Green tea supplements?

Righto, so I bought some of these (Said to be "strong green tea", 500 mg of tea and 200mg EGCG, 350mg cathecins(?)) as pills.
    Now I have read that you shouldnt take any to empty stomach as it might make you wanna puke etc, sure I get that.
    However now I'm reading that it might cause liver damage because they might contain over 50 cups worth of tea in one(?) pill.
    I was trying to google some more info but most forums had more talk about what brand they should buy and everyone ignored every single consern of the liver thing. So, how safe should it be? Is this just for those who take too many of em, had liver problems to begin with or what?
    I dont have any liver problems btw and I plan to take one per day at first :/

Deleted
    I've taken supplements in the past which contained a large amount of green tea extract amongst other natural things like cayenne pepper and the such like which I found out are perfectly fine (but gave me wicked heart burn).
    My best advice would be to consult a local pharmacist for peace of mind, I'm just lucky since I work in one so I can fall into those kinda conversations while at work. They'll most likely tell you to buy from a trusted supplier, follow the instructions and don't take more than the guided amount on the packet. If you notice any problems while you are taking the pills, consult your doctor.

Hope it helps.

I take 2 green tea supplements daily. They're 315 mg each, that's 630mg. Green Tea is a miracle drink. Taking a lot at one time, yea, there could be harm to your liver, BUT there could also be harm to your liver taking Vitamin A. There is a small amount of danger in any supplement, sometimes high amounts of danger, but green tea? You'd need to take MASSIVE doses of it to harm you. Like.. Take 4 of those pills daily for like a year, and you MIGHT come out with liver problems. Otherwise, don't worry about it, really.

I also take Fish Oil, a multivitamin, melatonin, sometimes Acai, but I'm almost out and I don't want to get more... Then there's L-Carnitine. But I don't take that often, it doesn't sit well on my stomach since I only eat twice a day and I don't take it with a meal. (I don't take any supplement with a meal except Fish Oil.) I take everything with lots of water. And sometimes Vitamin Water Zero - Lemonade.

Seriously ? why take a supplement for green tea it tastes great and is good for ya just drinking it just replace water with green tea since excess amounts will be expelled from the body.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would ask my Doc before taking something like that if I was worried about liver damage.