ElvUI messed up my whole game, I am unable to play

Hi,
    I downloaded ElvUI from Curse a few hours ago, I installed the addon as recommended. But I was unable to interact with chat window, I installed it again and allowed it to change my resolution, my monitor is 1440X900, ElvUI changed my resolution somehow and my spell bars stopped blocking the right side of chat window, it looked really nice; but it didn't work and I was still unable to use chat panel.

Anyway, I deleted all my addons except ElvUI, I tried again but failed. Then I deleted ElvUI and relogged in to the game, my main tab containing spell bars was again blocking the chat panel somehow and I can't change back my resolution(I tried all resolutions avaible, resolution changes allright but 1440X900 stays somewhat different visually), nor can i interact with the chat panel.

I can't seek help from Blizzard since it was an addon issue, this is very urgent for me.

Any help would ve much appreciated = )

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Hi,
    I downloaded ElvUI from Curse a few hours ago, I installed the addon as recommended. But I was unable to interact with chat window, I installed it again and allowed it to change my resolution, my monitor is 1440X900, ElvUI changed my resolution somehow and my spell bars stopped blocking the right side of chat window, it looked really nice; but it didn't work and I was still unable to use chat panel.

Anyway, I deleted all my addons except ElvUI, I tried again but failed. Then I deleted ElvUI and relogged in to the game, my main tab containing spell bars was again blocking the chat panel somehow and I can't change back my resolution(I tried all resolutions avaible, resolution changes allright but 1440X900 stays somewhat different visually), nor can i interact with the chat panel.

I can't seek help from Blizzard since it was an addon issue, this is very urgent for me.

Any help would ve much appreciated = )
    hmm, I don't know. Did you try to delete anything elvui-related from your WTF folder?

Edit: Don't forget about SavedVariables in there too.

ElvUI doesn't change resolution. There is not one line of code in the entire addon that does that. You're UIScale is changed from the ElvUI AutoScale option. This option is disable able. And you can set your UIScale back to it was from the Blizzard Graphic Advanced options.
    Last edited by Elv; 2012-04-01 at 06:56 AM.

Make sure you turn off ALL addons besides ElvUI. ElvUI has a lot of built in features that other standalone addons do and this could be showing a conflict. Try this and see what happens.

i used elvui for a few months. every single update, done thru curse client, broke half the ui placement. a month or so back the last update i did, elvui changed my uiscale without warning and it was pretty much what this guy describes. that's when i just did a full manual uninstall and did my own ui.
    85 Retribution Paladin | 85 Fire Mage | 85 Frost Death Knight | 85 Elemental Shaman | 85 Demonology Warlock |85 Arms Warrior | 85 Marksman Hunter

Thank you all for your help, my UI fixed itself after I log back in two hours later, everything was fine. I re-installed ElvUI without any other addons present this time and it worked great = )

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 02:01 PM ----------

Does anyone know if theres anyway I can see my quests on UI? I have to click the map to see them