Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    2 hrs is the average play time for ppl
    Who cares about the average...think of the no-lifers!

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 10:35 AM ----------

im going to be playing ALOT, and i dont wanna see the change between day and night 10 times each time i play

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Who cares about the average...think of the no-lifers!

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 10:35 AM ----------

im going to be playing ALOT, and i dont wanna see the change between day and night 10 times each time i play
    All I can tell you is.......in games I've played with short cycles it doesn't break immersion at all. It somehow compliments it. Even when ur on for hrs..
    Maybe it's because games generally run at a faster pace than real life. I dunno. But it makes things more intense, it makes falling into the immersion easier. Perhaps because it adds another layer of fantasy into the game by changing ur rl cycle.
    Immersion doesn't really have to mirror rl....and kinda the whole point of rp and immersion is that it doesn't.
    I've certainly never been bothered by a short cycle..and actually found that a 24hr cycle bothers me more. It just makes it harder to lose urself.

Deleted
    All I can tell you is.......in games I've played with short cycles it doesn't break immersion at all. It somehow compliments it. Even when ur on for hrs..
    Maybe it's because games generally run at a faster pace than real life. I dunno. But it makes things more intense, it makes falling into the immersion easier. Perhaps because it adds another layer of fantasy into the game by changing ur rl cycle.
    Immersion doesn't really have to mirror rl....and kinda the whole point of rp and immersion is that it doesn't.
    I've certainly never been bothered by a short cycle..and actually found that a 24hr cycle bothers me more. It just makes it harder to lose urself.
    We shall see (when we finally get to play this)

As long as the nights are actually dark I'm happy.
    Ummm...What did I write in he last thread like this?
    Something like Oblivion's short cycle was nice. Wow's 24hr one made me feel like it was mindlessly repetetive and boring. I'll enjoy "waking up" in game at different times and seeing different things. 2 hrs is the average play time for ppl so Anet's system will work. Oh, and in GW2 if ur waiting around to do something at at a particular time you need to rethink ur mindset towards how GW2's pve is designed. It's soooo not linear.
    That was essentially it
    Plus, if you ever wanted to do anything you wouldn't need to wait around, you could always go back and do it at night because of the waypoint system! Yay GW2! :3

We shall see (when we finally get to play this)
    /throws down gauntlet! Yes! We shall see!
    Oh wait.
    Uh, yeah...we'll just have to wait and see on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Plus, if you ever wanted to do anything you wouldn't need to wait around, you could always go back and do it at night because of the waypoint system! Yay GW2! :3
    Yup...and dynamic vs linear. Go do something else for a bit. There certainly seems no lack of things to do from the vids I've seen.

Deleted
    /throws down gauntlet! Yes! We shall see!
    Oh wait.
    Uh, yeah...we'll just have to wait and see on that one.
    No gauntlet for yoo

No gauntlet for yoo
    Yh...to be fair it's being borrowed by The Imp from Game of Thrones. Just waiting for S2 E1 to finish downloading.............

Deleted
    Yh...to be fair it's being borrowed by The Imp from Game of Thrones. Just waiting for S2 E1 to finish downloading.............
    I dont watch that /evade /hide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Minecraft is more like a never-ending plane, seated on top of a never-ending void.
    It does end

its just flat

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    It does end

its just flat
    And things get fuzzy around the edges.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Deleted
    I'm a bit unsure about the short cycle, although when I read why exactly that cycle is so short I got a bit more relaxed about it. Although I've played games with short cycles and I didn't think it broke my immersion, it broke my sense of real life time. While on WoW I would see 'oh, it's getting dark, I should PROBABLY stop playing', in shorter cycles I lose track of time faster, and might forget that sleep is needed.
    Still, what they're doing is super nice for casuals (as in people with not as much time) to see the world around them actually change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    It does end

its just flat
    Technically it doesn't even end. You just reach a point where the blocks you're seeing aren't actually there and you fall through them into the void, because the memory limitations of either the program or java or your computer can't handle that much area.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.