Thread: macro for mage.

Deleted

macro for mage.

hi there
    I'm looking for a macro that will counterspell my focus i tried several things but it didn't work

Any help is greatly appreciated

Deleted
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus] Counterspell

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey!

I'm pretty sure this will work:
    #showtooltip Counterspell
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus] Counterspell

Deleted
    thank you so much
    will this not switch my target? i want to counterspell the healer and jump right back on the dps

PS: sorry moderators first time on this section and i didn't know there was a sticky for these questions :/

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    thank you so much
    will this not switch my target? i want to counterspell the healer and jump right back on the dps

PS: sorry moderators first time on this section and i didn't know there was a sticky for these questions :/
    I used to use a similar macro for my rogue to Tricks of the Trade, and it would cast without switching my selected target, so I would imagine it would work the same for counterspell

Deleted
    I use:
    #showtooltip Counterspell
    /stopcasting
    /cast [modifier:alt, target=focus] Counterspell
    /cast [nomodifier:alt] Counterspell

So with an alt modifier, it will CS focus otherwise on your main target

I use
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus, exists] Counterspell; Counterspell

If I have a focus target it casts counterspell on the focus target without untargeting my current target. If I have no focus target I cast counterspell on my current target.
    You could also add [mod:shift] Counterspell; (or a different mod key) before the [target=focus] (like: /cast [mod:shift] Counterspell; [target=focus, exists] Counterspell; Counterspell) if you think you might need to counterspell your current target over your focus one (or to be able to counterspell if you use focus for other things).