Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    The numbers are really odd ATM.. Flasks give really weird stats, like 1k agility, 1.5k stamina, but only 298 strength. Alchemists get 80 main stat.. ATM food buff gives more benefit to strength than flask (which for sure is a bug)..

We don't know the final numbers and how much relative gain the 100% food gain will give you. It for sure will be strong, but we'll see how much..

Remeber that with items giving nearly 1k main stat each, +300 from food buff won't have that big, relative, difference.. we'll see it in the beta (and some elitist jerks calculations)
    Considering how much flasks are giving now in Cataclysm, there's no way in hell that strength flask will only give 298 str, unless the big item squish went trough. They just haven't implemented all the numbers yet, so it's going to change with the next build soon enough.

Same with stats potions, just look at the current numbers vs. the numbers in beta.

The new ones WILL give much more, there's no doubt about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishychunk View Post
    If these racials stay this way, it will be awkward seeing so many serious raiders go panda...
    You mean like they did for Worgen/Goblin?
    FOTM is still FOTM.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    bey

ta

bey. ta.
    So lemme get this straight. We shouldn't really mention anything cause it's beta right? We should just sit here and accept that anything that might seem a little off will be fixed anyway, that they just threw the ability in with no thought at all and they will change it before launch without any player feedback at all?

Get a grip man, I understand saying "It's beta" when people are complaining about bugs or maybe server instability. But its a Racial, these are the things we're supposed to be giving feedback on.

Personally if this racial stays this way and the others don't get revamped(again). I'll go panda, for the same reason I went Worgen for all of progression.

But all this "It's Beta" crap has a place, in a discussion about class/race abilities is nor the time or place.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Only meter whores and log chasers are bothered by this.
    What's wrong with min-maxxing? Just because you're a casual doesn't mean everyone else has to be.
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2012-04-03 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclypse View Post
    It's still beta so going berserk on stuff atm doesn't make much sense. But imo they will go live with racials better then other races, cause that will add a few thousands race changes from the hardcore raiders (to add from the people that were already be changing either way), just like it happened with goblins/worgens for the classes that got huge benefits from the haste/crit racial.
    The easy money from race changes they will get by just having an op racial set up is enough for them to let it go live and "handle" the forum qq's imo.
    I politely disagree. BECAUSE it's the beta, NOW it's the time to go berserk to avoid it getting live and then nerfed to the ground after race changes etc.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

... deal with it

300 stats won't be that much, if the crafting proff bonuses are gonna be roughly the same (Mixology giving ~27% boost from flask = 270 stat bonus), then this racial will be a little bit stronger... there is a difference between stronger and OP, this isn't OP at all, I think racial that isn't lost after dying and combat ress is useful as well

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    So lemme get this straight. We shouldn't really mention anything cause it's beta right? We should just sit here and accept that anything that might seem a little off will be fixed anyway, that they just threw the ability in with no thought at all and they will change it before launch without any player feedback at all?

Get a grip man, I understand saying "It's beta" when people are complaining about bugs or maybe server instability. But its a Racial, these are the things we're supposed to be giving feedback on.

Personally if this racial stays this way and the others don't get revamped(again). I'll go panda, for the same reason I went Worgen for all of progression.

But all this "It's Beta" crap has a place, in a discussion about class/race abilities is nor the time or place.
    It's not feedback if it's not on the official forums, the "It's beta" here is directed at people that cry on these unofficial forums instead of posting on official forums.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    ... deal with it

300 stats won't be that much, if the crafting proff bonuses are gonna be roughly the same (Mixology giving ~27% boost from flask = 270 stat bonus), then this racial will be a little bit stronger... there is a difference between stronger and OP, this isn't OP at all, I think racial that isn't lost after dying and combat ress is useful as well
    I disagree, there's a difference betwean, for example, mixology and a racial.
    Mixology takes a profession slot, racial doesn't. With racial you can combine 2 professions that give best stat benefits with a racial which in turn is abit too much.
    Last edited by rad586; 2012-04-03 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    It's not feedback if it's not on the official forums, the "It's beta" here is directed at people that cry on these unofficial forums instead of posting on official forums.
    There's posts on the official forums too, this is also an excellent means of relaying information, maybe this post will catch the eye of someone else and then they will do something about it.

And if that's the case here's my answer to all the "It's beta" replies.

ITS AN OPEN FORUM, if you don't like what you're reading, GTFO. No need to post with a snoody remark that no ones going to take seriously anyway, you might as well just post something like "lol" cause it's and equally effective form of trolling.

And people are really silly if you don't think Blizzard employees see this forum, how naive can you possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    I really REALLY hate people that just say "it's beta" for every little complaint people have and act all holier than thou, like we have NO RIGHT to complain about things in a beta. Isn't that what the beta is for? To find what fails and complain? Just because it's in Beta and CAN change doesn't mean it will. And it CERTAINLY doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed.
    Haters gonna hate.

Deleted
    Also dont forget that all Combatratings will go up. So 1% Crit might be equivalent to ~500+ Crit . This is not the time to discuss unfinished/unknown things. Also this passiv shouldn't (unless they change it) work in Rated-PvP since food isnt allowed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    There's posts on the official forums too, this is also an excellent means of relaying information, maybe this post will catch the eye of someone else and then they will do something about it.

And if that's the case here's my answer to all the "It's beta" replies.

ITS AN OPEN FORUM, if you don't like what you're reading, GTFO. No need to post with a snoody remark that no ones going to take seriously anyway, you might as well just post something like "lol" cause it's and equally effective form of trolling.
    I have no problems with threads that DISCUSS said topic if there's a thread about it on the official forums.

The problem is the topics on UNOFFICIAL forums that adress Blizzard (the type of "Come on Blizzard!!!", "Blizzard, you idiots .....", "Blizzard, why you don't change this?", etc.") and are just pure QQ.

The most common phrase for the past few weeks and next few months: "It's beta."

DUH!
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Relima View Post
    My bloodelf got +5 arcane resistance and panda + 300 mainstat? really.. gtfo
    You realize your Bloodelf also gets Arcane Torrent, which comes in pretty useful at times (I especially loved it on my paladin tank).
    But if you compared it to Arcane Torrent, your argument would look weaker. I suggest you take your own advice, highlighted for your viewing pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarjon View Post
    You realize your Bloodelf also gets Arcane Torrent, which comes in pretty useful at times (I especially loved it on my paladin tank).
    But if you compared it to Arcane Torrent, your argument would look weaker. I suggest you take your own advice, highlighted for your viewing pleasure.
    Not to mention that Arcane Torrent actually restores class resources, which makes it even better - you can use it even if you don't have to silence some mob.

Altough I haven't checked if it's the same on beta.

I have no problems with threads that DISCUSS said topic if there's a thread about it on the official forums.

The problem is the topics on UNOFFICIAL forums that adress Blizzard (the type of "Come on Blizzard!!!", "Blizzard, you idiots .....", "Blizzard, why you don't change this?", etc.") and are just pure QQ.
    Except that the OP didn't address Blizzard in any way shape or form. The purpose is to discuss the current Panda racial. It's not a letter to Blizzard, asking them to please change the racials before mists go live, it's a means to discuss something in Mists beta, which is the purpose of these threads.

Source? i cant find any info on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, 2% miss of NE still is better for tanks. 1% crit is better than 90 stre (lvl85, 4.3, warrior. Probably the same in 5.0). Then again, if you have to use both specs regularly, yes, panda may prove better. Enough to do a paid race change? Rofl no.
    You underestimate minmaxing alot, rolf...
    Before you could ctc cap easily, 2% was ridiclous amount and enough to race change (I among alot of others did).
    Same goes for hit and crit (or any valueable racial tbh, like humans for pvp) for serious raiders a paid race change is nothing big and pretty common.

It was stated before in this thread but let me reiterate it: 300 Str is a great bonus until you see that the 1% crit is about 600 rating (numbers pulled from rear). We need to see what combat rating conversions are going to look like at 90, but since 300 is not even the equal of one piece of gear this puts it behind Worgen, Draeni, and Goblins at the very least (as there are very few items out that give greater than 1% to a rating on their own)

I disagree, there's a difference betwean, for example, mixology and a racial.
    Mixology takes a profession slot, racial doesn't. With racial you can combine 2 professions that give best stat benefits with a racial which in turn is abit too much.
    I failed at wording a little - reffering to proffesions was meant to measure actual strength of the racial
    I think it is stronger than other racials, but not OP

Still not as bad as human. Go into elwynn, how many people there are human cause of the racial? How many top arena teams are human JUST because of the broken racial? Fuckin' stupid.