Currently studying, unsure if its what I want,

I am currently in my first year of a bachelors of Contempory Music.
    Totally unsure about if it is what I want or not.

I'm almost 21 in a few months, and all I have is my higher school certificate, I don't really know what else I would do if I dropped out.
    And at the same tokken I'm unhappy doing what I am at the moment.

Unsure.

Deleted
    Go on with what you are doing now and invest some time thinking about what you would like to do instead... The internet gives you all the information you need.
    I wouldn't drop out, if I had no alternative. A good friend of mine did this with his Biology studying and now 5 years from then he still hasn't found any work...

If you find something else and know, you have a chance doing that, then you can still dropt out.

Search for some kind of motivation, something that keeps you going

Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Go on with what you are doing now and invest some time thinking about what you would like to do instead... The internet gives you all the information you need.
    I wouldn't drop out, if I had no alternative. A good friend of mine did this with his Biology studying and now 5 years from then he still hasn't found any work...

If you find something else and know, you have a chance doing that, then you can still dropt out.

Search for some kind of motivation, something that keeps you going
    When I say drop out, I deffinently meant to go in to something else straight away.
    I dont want to do nothing for the rest of my life, or be stuck in a dead end job.

My real dream is to open an "alternative" based retail store.
    IE: be the first place to sell DropDead Clothing outside of the online store (see iheartdropdead.com) and similar.
    But thats years down the road, not really a 20 year olds kinda thing.

Deleted
    I'm currently like you, in my first year of a Biomedical Science degree. I really don't enjoy it, but to be honest in the current world climate I'm staying for these 3 years just to see what's out there once I'm finished. At the end of the day having a degree, no matter what it's in, proves you have the ability to work and pass university/college and to independently live.

It sucks, I know that too, but I look at it as there being nothing else outside for me at this moment in time. This is effectively a temporary fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodorian View Post
    I'm currently like you, in my first year of a Biomedical Science degree. I really don't enjoy it, but to be honest in the current world climate I'm staying for these 3 years just to see what's out there once I'm finished. At the end of the day having a degree, no matter what it's in, proves you have the ability to work and pass university/college and to independently live.

It sucks, I know that too, but I look at it as there being nothing else outside for me at this moment in time. This is effectively a temporary fix.
    I feel the same way, but I have no motivation to study.
    Just thinking about it makes me feel like smashing my head against the keyboard. ._.
    I'd probably prefer a course where everything I did was so dependant on everyone else in my course IE Music performances and collaboration classes.
    If I just got to show up to lectures, pay attention in tutorials and do the work by myself then I think I'd feel much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was 3 seconds away from law school. i had a bit of a meltdown (i cried every day for 6 months leading up to going to law school). saw a career counselor. she told me what i already knew - you dont want to be a lawyer or you wouldnt be so upset.

went back to undergrad last year part time so i can get a second BS in nursing...so i can be a nurse practitioner at some point.

I am truely the happiest when I am talking about people and helping people in this manner. My face lights up - apparently. i become extremely focused on what the person is saying. (i worked in a pharmacy for 6 years in hs/ college i should have recognized my passion then)

my point is maybe its not quiet right for you if you cannot stay self motivated.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who switched majors because they hated it, just switch now before it is too late. Finish out this semester with whatever you have left, and then focus just on your general education credits, assuming you have those there, they force you to take for any degree (to steal your money but that is another story). That should give you some time to really figure out what makes you happy. I switched from something I hated (pre-med) to something I enjoy more (accounting), but still not what I really wanted to do (marine biology) because of the "there are always jobs in X field" argument. That ended up being mostly bullshit since there is about one accounting opening a month within 50 miles of me and if they are more they are for people with 5+ years of experience even for intro level openings.

Don't let yourself get forced into something you won't enjoy because of the "lack" of job openings and don't take something you won't enjoy doing forever. You'll only regret it when you are done. If I didn't have student debt up to my eye balls because, my parents didn't pay for a dime of my school, I would honestly consider going back for something I love rather than something I can tolerate.