Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pretty blatant imbalances that have pesisted/gotten worse

Hi guys. i could easily make this post into my own laundry list of blatant imbalances, but ill list one and everyone can write their own down. I'd just like to see some other opinions as me and my friends seem to go over them day after day.

The Rogue Class's free pass: We've seen it. Buff after buff. Unique ability after unique ability added to their toolkit. They even have a heal now. And the amount of outs is growing insane. Completely viable in every season of pvp. Can any class/spec say the same? maaaybe frost mage. This doesnt just stay in the pvp world though. Oh no my friend this little rant spills over into pve as well. Two expansions after seeing rogues get glaives off of the second most iconic character in warcraft, rogues get their second set of legendaries. Really? Really? I feel that this was a missed opportunity to give one class/spec a really neat weapon and memorable experience. Oh and they've been either top damage in pve or very competitive throughout wow.

i'd really like to go on but ill stop before the tldr activates.
    Last edited by jontunnel130; 2012-04-03 at 07:15 PM.

I'm going to agree with you on the rogues. Inb4 someone cries how "balanced" they are.

If you think that by any means rogues are balanced, I would love a puff of what you're smoking. They have some of the most annoying/OP cooldowns in the game. Double smoke bomb comes to mind. You get stunned in a smoke bomb with no way out and then he drops another one on you, you are beyond fucked. No matter how good your healer is, you will drop like a rock the second that smoke bomb comes out. They have like a 25% innate dodge chance which added onto their avoidance cds (cloak and evasion) makes them unhittable every so often. They have one of the best gap closers out there, and it even buffs their damage.

If all their little bag of gimmicks fails, all they have to do is vanish while recouperate heals them for stupid amounts. I hate QQers about the FotM but this isn't even FotM anymore, this is fucking flavor of the game. I hate mages 2000000000000x less compared to rogues. They can do everything everyone else can but better. Their CC is amazing. If they throw a blind your way and you cant trinket it, you're fucked. Stunlocks also say hi. Full energy + shadow dance = bye bye. "Oh I'm going to lose! Better run like a pussy and hide until my health regens!" /vanish.

To top it all off they're getting party wide stealth... Someone please tell me why they need that.

Rogues are getting their utility ripped away from them in MoP for one. I'm not going to say they're not op/balanced, but what i will say is that, a rogue probably takes the most amount of skill to play in PVP, PVE is a joke. IF you have played a rogue, you would now how difficult it really is to play one, typing a scenario out doesnt give any justice to how difficult it is to play the class. At higher rating/mmr, good rogues are set apart from exceptional rogues, and they are set apart from the rogues like Reckful, and Neilyo.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think frost mages are worse than rogues.

They have crazy burst and way more control against melee. (My opinion is biased considering I play melee)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Are you curious about peoples opinions on this subject? There's a thread full of them.

Enjoy.

Deleted
    It has to be Rogues, they are the worst designed class in WoW. They are the biggest nuissance when gearing up for sure, they pick out the crap geared players and stun lock to death. People say that Mages are OP but I don't see it, most of their snares can be broken or dispelled, but Rogue stuns and burst are just ridiculous.

Ehhh I won't go into MoP but yeah I agree Rogues are a bit sick right now, moreso than usual, but I think the problem is/was so drastic because every Rogue, not just PVEers, had relatively easy access to a great set of PVE weapons. I won't comment on any trinkets, though.

But yeah, I wouldn't say they're balanced, but they are above average compared to some other specs/classes. A SLIGHT nerf is due.

lol i like your enthusiasm ace. I tried not to go into a full out rage tldr about rogue imbalance. But i think u forgot they're 70% slow as well. For me, my former main was a ret. Stuck with it since BC and my sanctity aura, lol i doubt too many people remember sanctity aura. Finally gave it up. Just too frustrating and resulting in me dropping wow for 6 months. But it was quite rewarding hitting 2200 multiple times.

Another thing that really gets me is just imbalance period. Like i said in my first post rogues have been viable in every season. Warriors have been there as well. disc wasnt anything until mass dispell 5's cleave and they were even shit at the cata launch which was quickly rectified mind you. I'd like to see them give rotations. Purposefully buffing certain specs. Now mind you, I don't think they would ever come out and say such a thing. But i think it would be healthy overall to see rogues go mid-table in pvp. Let frost mages have a season off. Tell DK's that grip/slow and ams will not function in arena. Let Elly shams run around casting fear into the hearts of that helpless healer. I think season 8 was one of the most diverse seasons simply because u could insert any caster into a 3's team.

Oh and they've been either top damage in pve or very competitive throughout wow.
    I'm fine with this. Considering all they can do is DPS, shouldn't they be one of the better ones?

Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    lol i like your enthusiasm ace. I tried not to go into a full out rage tldr about rogue imbalance. But i think u forgot they're 70% slow as well. For me, my former main was a ret. Stuck with it since BC and my sanctity aura, lol i doubt too many people remember sanctity aura. Finally gave it up. Just too frustrating and resulting in me dropping wow for 6 months. But it was quite rewarding hitting 2200 multiple times.

Another thing that really gets me is just imbalance period. Like i said in my first post rogues have been viable in every season. Warriors have been there as well. disc wasnt anything until mass dispell 5's cleave and they were even shit at the cata launch which was quickly rectified mind you. I'd like to see them give rotations. Purposefully buffing certain specs. Now mind you, I don't think they would ever come out and say such a thing. But i think it would be healthy overall to see rogues go mid-table in pvp. Let frost mages have a season off. Tell DK's that grip/slow and ams will not function in arena. Let Elly shams run around casting fear into the hearts of that helpless healer. I think season 8 was one of the most diverse seasons simply because u could insert any caster into a 3's team.
    I forgot the part where they also ignore armor! I hate to be the one that rages hard because nobody likes a whiner, but I had to do it. Rogues have been good every season and they are found in a sizable amount of 3v3 teams. I for one don't see the mage argument seeing as how all it takes is a dispel to get rid of their annoyances. You can't dispel shit when it comes to rogues except their poisons which are just going to auto apply off their white hits anyways.

the human racial lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    Are you curious about peoples opinions on this subject? There's a thread full of them.

Enjoy.[/url]
    thanks for the link, but i don't need any more input on why rogues are op. the theme of the thread is "imbalances" and is not restricted to rogues.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post

Or they can do what they should have done 4 years ago, and do away completely with Arena. Trying to balance 2v2, 3v3, or even 5v5 is impossible. Whats his face, the PM before Ghostcrawler, even said his biggest mistake in WoW was implementing Arena.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

They are removing double smoke bomb in MoP, and rogues are getting nothing new while other classes are getting tons of new utility, so that will balance it out (dont even mention that crap 20 second party stealth that will hardly make a difference other than make arena matches start 20 seconds later). That and we are losing Shadowstep (because we will be forced to pick Prep before it).

Not to mention the crippling nerf which will make kiting rogues insanely easy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Mages. Pvp or Pve take your pick. Class needs to be Un-GC'ed asap, it's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by webwierdo View Post
    I'm fine with this. Considering all they can do is DPS, shouldn't they be one of the better ones?
    They have recup

Quote Originally Posted by Prettygood View Post
    They have recup
    They can heal 6k every THREE SECONDS!!! Thats so OP!!!! Not nearly as powerful as ret, dk, enhance, and feral druid self heals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    They can heal 6k every THREE SECONDS!!! Thats so OP!!!! Not nearly as powerful as ret, dk, enhance, and feral druid self heals.
    im not one to jump on anyone online to make myself feel better. but rets cant heal more than 50% of their hp atm with a full mana pool. and wog is a 30 sec cd as ret now and it still takes 3 hp to even be worth casting for a 20-30k heal.

p.s. I can't help but notice that you obviously play a rogue. How can you just dismiss a team stealth at the start of an arena match? I'm not trying to deride you or anything but thats a huge advantage against a non-rogue team.
    Last edited by jontunnel130; 2012-04-03 at 08:03 PM.

Blizzard devs don't PvP over a 1500 level.

Once you realize and accept this, you will begin to accept all your frustrations with years of PvP imbalance and realize it isn't changing.

As much as I love WoW and WoW PvP, it isn't a true PvP game, and never will be, because Blizzard refuses to balance anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post

...Did you just say enhance self heals are OP?

Is this guy trolling?