10+ Year Old Account

Question Refurbished Laptops - Should I go with it?

So, long story short, I had a big issue with my last laptop. The screen flickered when I adjusted it and blacked out when I adjusted it when the power was unplugged. I sent it in to Toshiba TWICE and neither time did they ever fix the problem. They just replaced a couple parts, that didn't fix a thing, and sent it back. I called Toshiba last week, frustrated, and the upgraded my ticked. It took 3 days of phone tag (the employee was never there!), but finally someone else took the ticket. Anyways, they said they would give me a laptop that was an upgrade from mine. I looked at the specs and it looked nice. However, they did not say it was new, so I grew suspicious. I called them (after it had been shipped, it arrives tomorrow), and asked if it was new and they hesitated and then told me it was refurbished. Should I go with it? What are you opinions on refurbished laptops? I might be seeing it the wrong way, but aren't refurbished laptops people who went through the exact same problems that I did? So isn't it that Toshiba couldn't fix it so they took it in, replace a few parts, and are now reselling it? (my laptop that was having huge issues was shipped to the refurb center).

So should I just try it out and go with it?
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2012-04-03 at 08:22 PM.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd at least get it and see how it works before immediately assuming it is not worth it.

However I would NEVER personally buy refurbished/used computer hardware.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'd at least get it and see how it works before immediately assuming it is not worth it.

However I would NEVER personally buy refurbished/used computer hardware.
    We'll it's being imposed on me by Toshiba. I didn't buy it. I'm looking for all opinions. Please tell me why or why not!

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 01:22 AM ----------

I'm still looking for thoughts on this matter.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!