Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    i have a feeling it will be like dust cool idea not implemented well. Imo they should just focus all on eve online...
    I get what your saying, I thought the same thing when Dust first came out, but with them bringing it out on the PC, they'll reach a much larger audience with Legion/Valkyrie (well maybe not Valk if its still OR only like I heard), and the fact that they've said it'll be one account to play across all 3 games should only help EVE in the long run by bringing in new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I get what your saying, I thought the same thing when Dust first came out, but with them bringing it out on the PC, they'll reach a much larger audience with Legion/Valkyrie (well maybe not Valk if its still OR only like I heard), and the fact that they've said it'll be one account to play across all 3 games should only help EVE in the long run by bringing in new players.
    the problem with dust isnt the platform its on. The game is a subpar fps, and its interaction with eve is dismal and almost nonexistant.

Arhhhh...Been trying to renew my EVE Online subcription through Steam with wallet funds, be each time I try to buy 1 month of subscription time, it keeps wanting credit card information. I don't use credit cards! Why, has anyone found a way to buy subscription with wallet funds? (And no, I don't want PLEX, I just want to renew my damned 15$ subscription!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Arhhhh...Been trying to renew my EVE Online subcription through Steam with wallet funds, be each time I try to buy 1 month of subscription time, it keeps wanting credit card information. I don't use credit cards! Why, has anyone found a way to buy subscription with wallet funds? (And no, I don't want PLEX, I just want to renew my damned 15$ subscription!)
    Well PLEX is game time. That is what they call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Well PLEX is game time. That is what they call it.
    No, there is game time, which is 15$, and then there is PLEX, an ingame item which extends game time and can be bought for 20$.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    never ever ever ever buy eve through steam, it creates so many more problems than it solves. Also in this world your pretty much fucked if you dont have a card. I assume you have a bank if so just use your debit card its the same thing. But overall steam is almost wholly incompatable with eve. Iv seen people xfer thier accounts off of thier steam eve account just to free it up.

Deleted
    I'm currently playing the trial. Chose Gallente, and got attracted to the idea of scanning and exploring. After 22 jumps I found myself in 0 security space, having miraculously avoided death from players hanging around the jump gates waiting for people like me. I looted someone's container and stole an item worth a million ISK on the market. Nice.

I warped through another gate, moved to a random spot and released my probes. Several cosmic signatures appeared on my scanner. One of them was an unstable wormhole (I spent FOREVER scanning it down to 100%, holy crap, arranging those blue spheres is infuriating). I took a deep breath and entered the wormhole in my rookie ship, having no idea where it would take me or what I would find.

I appeared in a hitherto unreachable region of space. There was no way back. Oops! So I had a look around. It looked pretty cool. The sky was a weird electric blue and there were dark ominous wrecks floating around. One in particular was gigantic so I checked it out. Some kind of ancient Sleeper base. Suddenly 5 enemies appeared on the far side of the base and proceeded to attack my ship. I had no chance.

My looted bounty floated away amongst the wreckage of my rookie ship. I was alone and defenceless in my capsule, cut off from the rest of the universe. My only way out was to self-destruct my capsule and my cloned body.

And thus went my first few hours in EVE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    The sad thing about this is that you may have done more in your first hours than some people do in a year.

adventure time
    You also probably learned more in those hours than anybody else has learned their first day. The training is really only going to get you ratting anyway.

I'm currently playing the trial. Chose Gallente, and got attracted to the idea of scanning and exploring. After 22 jumps I found myself in 0 security space, having miraculously avoided death from players hanging around the jump gates waiting for people like me. I looted someone's container and stole an item worth a million ISK on the market. Nice.

I warped through another gate, moved to a random spot and released my probes. Several cosmic signatures appeared on my scanner. One of them was an unstable wormhole (I spent FOREVER scanning it down to 100%, holy crap, arranging those blue spheres is infuriating). I took a deep breath and entered the wormhole in my rookie ship, having no idea where it would take me or what I would find.

I appeared in a hitherto unreachable region of space. There was no way back. Oops! So I had a look around. It looked pretty cool. The sky was a weird electric blue and there were dark ominous wrecks floating around. One in particular was gigantic so I checked it out. Some kind of ancient Sleeper base. Suddenly 5 enemies appeared on the far side of the base and proceeded to attack my ship. I had no chance.

My looted bounty floated away amongst the wreckage of my rookie ship. I was alone and defenceless in my capsule, cut off from the rest of the universe. My only way out was to self-destruct my capsule and my cloned body.

Ha ha, hoped you enjoyed your first escapade. Yeah, you'll find a lot of fun stuff in EVE. Just gotta get around the complexity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, can't see a date on that website.
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/reali.../2300-6418707/
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I haven't played in like a year, but I have a few PLEX in the account so I can come back at any time.
    Is it worth it ? Anything new and exciting to the game ? Anything that is coming soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I haven't played in like a year, but I have a few PLEX in the account so I can come back at any time.
    Is it worth it ? Anything new and exciting to the game ? Anything that is coming soon ?
    Summer expansion comes soon with overhauling of the industry stuff, new ships, and other stuff.

Lol, huge buff to freighters, now they have low slots.
    With the correct implants you can get a Jump Freighter to a million EHP.
    I should probably buy a JF, load it with 15 plex and sit in Jita afk near the station to annoy people. It will be interesting how quickly would they form a gang to take down a million EHP in high sec.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2014-06-07 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Lol, huge buff to freighters, now they have low slots.
    With the correct implants you can get a Jump Freighter to a million EHP.
    I should probably buy a JF, load it with 15 plex and sit in Jita afk near the station to annoy people. It will be interesting how quickly would they form a gang to take down a million EHP in high sec.
    Who is going to tank a jf? Really the only thing that got buffed were regular freighters, them being able to push 1 million m3 is nice. But jf is pretty much a worthless change as i gained a whole 3k m3 with cargo expanders. The real buff was to mining ships.

I rarely fly a regular freither like an Obelisk with full capacity, and I fly it only in high sec, so the main concern is suicide ganking. Double the EHP means double the cargo value I can carry.
    I use a blockade runner for small or extremely expensive stuff, but blockade runners have a really small capacity.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2014-06-07 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a thread about this but guess this is a better place to place it.

Currently in eve I am taking a slight break. basicly jsut keeping my sub up with the leftover isk I have and training skills.

I just logged in today set my queue and noticed this skill I was given.
    Does anyone know we were given it and has anyone gotten it as well?

Also a afterquestion, anyone knows if or when they will remove the moon requirement for pos's?
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-06-20 at 12:40 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    A Tale of Internet Spaceships, the fan documentary about EVE Online has finally been released:

Time to bring out the gummy bears and the Dr. Pepper; wrap myself in blankets, get my heating pad and lie back...watch some nerd documentary on the history of our internet saga...urm...

Ugh, harsh rule of Eve. High sec won't stop a gank.

Someone decided to suicide rush my Mackinaw. Blow it up and then say I should buy their mining permit. with the line "Making a better High Sec"

Last time I'd logged into high sec I didn't have to worry about thugs shooting first. Would find it funny if they didn't scuttle my primary mining ship that I was using to make my first billion =/... it was worth 10 times what my character had (figured it wouldn't have faced anything dangerous enough to blow it up in high sec)

Deleted
    Yeah, that's EVE for you. Are you un-corped? The world of EVE is how I imagine future exploration would be, going it alone only works if you are in a combat ship. If you imagine even a setting like Firefly, there might be peaceful areas, but no mining operation should be without some protection. Being in a corp often gives you that.