Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    http://community.eveonline.com/news/...skill-trading/

Thoughts?

I have mixed feeling about this but i dont like this approach at all, they are walking on that fine line of P2W or P2getanadvantageandskipthefirstfewmonthsoftraining. Plex price are going to increase, rich and old players will be the only one to take advantage of this.
    Didn't they already triple compared to before? As for the changes, this gets real close to P2W, except for the fact that this counts up until a certain point. It will definitely attract new players, that don't want to spend months, even years, training skills to do things later, but want it instantly and that will be profitable for EVE, which in turn increases the chance that EVE survives. It's just my observation, but even the niche-gamer collection that has been playing EVE for ages, seems to lose interest. Unless I'm misinterpreting general line of expression on the forums.

Thoughts?

I have mixed feeling about this but i dont like this approach at all, they are walking on that fine line of P2W or P2getanadvantageandskipthefirstfewmonthsoftraining. Plex price are going to increase, rich and old players will be the only one to take advantage of this.
    1. Players won't be tempted to go to third party sites and get potentially scammed and their credentials stolen.

2. Players will be able to swap playstyles without having to wait several months to train the proper skills.

Thoughts?

Unless ur a lowass skilled toon its gona be next to useless.

Quote Originally Posted by imzhellzy View Post
    Answer: Bad routing or Detours.
    \
    @Heathy; Just saying, but don't fall for this, two posts on the account ,both about this subject. Plus, VPN rarely speeds you up.

Thoughts?

Bittervets are generating floods of tears on the official forum. The response on reddit has been positive.

Personally I like the idea. I hope CCP doesn't get browbeaten by the complainers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Bittervets are generating floods of tears on the official forum. The response on reddit has been positive.

Personally I like the idea. I hope CCP doesn't get browbeaten by the complainers.
    Reddit isnt really a good place to get feedback, Not in a sub like eve where circlejerking and shitposting are so praised. That sub is an echo chamber and if you dont agree with them, you get downvoted to hell.

Best response I have read so far.

Reddit isnt really a good place to get feedback, Not in a sub like eve where circlejerking and shitposting are so praised. That sub is an echo chamber and if you dont agree with them, you get downvoted to hell.
    Nor official forums either.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2015-10-17 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Best response I have read so far.

Nor official forums either.
    I agree with the statement. It's not exactly pay to win, because EVE progression isn't just vertical. It's limited verticality, with an extreme horizontal line, that is the subset of 'classes/specializations'. It's not paying to go up,up,up,up (arguably you can already pay RM for a few billion and just buy the best ship you can fly instantly), you're paying to get the professions you do not yet have.

All it does, is create a more equal playing field for new players and at the same time, it helps EVE stay afloat. Make no mistake, EVE needs money. I wouldn't be surprised if CCP is behind the ever increasing prices for PLEX, because too many people can pay ISK for the free ride.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    finally, i can get rid of my mining SP and put it into something useful.

- - - Updated - - -

New doomsday weapon coming. One is a manually targeted (as in, you actual point where it's going to shoot with your mouse) sustained laser that will slice through enemy formations.

Meh capital changes were ok, not a fan of the triage changes. The whole presentation was really lackluster, for the amount they hyped it, it didnt reach expectations.

The 2 main problems in eve atm were not addressed, the aids that is fatigue and the aids that is fozzie sov.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to try Eve in this.

Oh, hi.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Meh capital changes were ok, not a fan of the triage changes. The whole presentation was really lackluster, for the amount they hyped it, it didnt reach expectations.

The 2 main problems in eve atm were not addressed, the aids that is fatigue and the aids that is fozzie sov.
    agree with fatigue, it's a little too long; i think it should be cut in half. but the reasoning for having it is sound.

why do you dislike 'fozziesov'? i have no issue with it at all. i love the fact that null is getting chopped up the way it is. of course i'm a goon, so i see it through special awesome glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    agree with fatigue, it's a little too long; i think it should be cut in half. but the reasoning for having it is sound.

why do you dislike 'fozziesov'? i have no issue with it at all. i love the fact that null is getting chopped up the way it is. of course i'm a goon, so i see it through special awesome glasses.
    I also like the mining fleets with DBRB.

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post

Yeh nothing left to threaten your empire eh? ATm there is the CFC and the 3-4 different blocks of russians, not one other single coherent entity. Darkness is on its last leg, test just lost thier biggest allie.

Ill have to wait to see the numbers and bonuses but hmm, not liking the idea of needing to own 2 carriers to perform the job of 1.

I mean what is the point in having dps carriers really, I thought the whole point was logistics. smells more like a mineral sync than an actual rebalance.

after all if the archon ends up keeping its resist bonus nothing will change it'll still be archon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all.

well i liked the ability to be able to do some damage and rep, and ofc transport ships, I guess those who wanted to be purely logistics will have something new to build or buy. that should also create fun times during those first few weeks when no one has any capital logi.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-10-28 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    Ill have to wait to see the numbers and bonuses but hmm, not liking the idea of needing to own 2 carriers to perform the job of 1.

I mean what is the point in having dps carriers really, I thought the whole point was logistics. smells more like a mineral sync than an actual rebalance.

after all if the archon ends up keeping its resist bonus nothing will change it'll still be archon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all.

well i liked the ability to be able to do some damage and rep, and ofc transport ships, I guess those who wanted to be purely logistics will have something new to build or buy. that should also create fun times during those first few weeks when no one has any capital logi.
    The problem is with goons turtled up with all thier pets and the russians sporadically fighting back and forth there arnt any major constant conflicts that are seeing heaps of caps die. Here and there you will have a whelp but as someone who was running an indy corp that was pumping out 50+ carriers and 15-25 dreads every 3 weeks we were getting to the point of everyone had caps and no one was buying them. This change will allow more caps to die so that there arnt builders sitting on heaps of fuckins caps that no ones purchasing.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another problem, and it's a big one, people in this game are way too paranoid. If some of those smaller blocs would just say 'fuck it, let's play'; they could team up against the larger blocs.

But everyone is so fucking scared to death of 'spais'.

I think it would be cool if 'spais' infiltrated the top positions of goon pets and turned them against goons. Like SMA, TNT, RAZOR, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I agree with the statement. It's not exactly pay to win, because EVE progression isn't just vertical. It's limited verticality, with an extreme horizontal line, that is the subset of 'classes/specializations'. It's not paying to go up,up,up,up (arguably you can already pay RM for a few billion and just buy the best ship you can fly instantly), you're paying to get the professions you do not yet have.

All it does, is create a more equal playing field for new players and at the same time, it helps EVE stay afloat. Make no mistake, EVE needs money. I wouldn't be surprised if CCP is behind the ever increasing prices for PLEX, because too many people can pay ISK for the free ride.
    Paying with isk isn't a free ride. SOMEONE is buying that plex to sell. So they're still getting money for the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Paying with isk isn't a free ride. SOMEONE is buying that plex to sell. So they're still getting money for the sub.
    Agreed, I glossed over that too quickly.