Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    I'm not sure Cadfael meant it in the spirit you're taking it; for me being part of the biggest operation in MMO history was something quite unique. I'm quite certain in the course of our war we might indeed break many more records

WoW is a solo game by and large now, and even at it's biggest you're looking at 25 co-ordinated people raiding an NPC with pre-scripted moves. Not 2500 hitting a dynamic enemy that constantly cycles, constantly changes target, all with what is the worst "lag" you will have ever seen.

If you're used to being an important voice on comms, get used to having to remain silent lest you crash Mumble (which happened at least a half dozen times last night before I finally packed it in).
    Totally agreed.
    Just that feeling, getting to the system 1 hour before the station came out of reinforce, seeing the local pop up at 2500 (barely without TiDi) before N3ST entered was just an awesome feeling. But hell, the Jita carebears was annoyed that we stole the Jita node (https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=263447)
    Still, the lag with 4k in local was horrible.
    5 minutes to target someone (20secs to lock someone, 4mins for the server to catch up)
    5 minutes to make 1 cycle on your guns
    5 minutes to make your guns stop again
    You crashed? You're stuck on "Entering Game" for 30mins.

But was still fun to be a part of it

Fight related news:
    http://themittani.com/news/live-repo...cfc-victorious
    http://themittani.com/news/post-6vdt...state-alliance
    http://themittani.com/features/6vdt-cfc-battle-report
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23489293

Am I'm proud to say: I was there.

Deleted
    EVE is the only MMO i've seen make it onto the BBC with the article based around a current in-game event rather than that of the release of expansion No.21094981.

10+ Year Old Account

EvE Online massive space battle!

Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

That attempted titan gank by n3 was epic. All i gota say is goons were lucky BOB and BL and PL wernt nearby. Otherwise that would have gone very differently after goons dropped titans.

Had a lot of fun at the beginning of the war taking part in small skirmishes, and then it just turned into a really boring TiDi fest, culminating in the battle of 6vdt. I hadn't played much the last few weeks due to writing a large research paper, so I was really pumped to get in on 6vdt battle. It quickly turned into the biggest letdown, not because of the loss, but because of how freaking slow it was. I don't know how anyone can actually enjoy fights that big. I was in one of the prophecy fleets. It took 20 minutes to undock and warp to Titan, 30 minutes of sitting on Titan waiting for bridge, 30 minutes to regroup after the cyno died and we got bridged into the sun, 5 full minutes to drop and assign drones, and then, I shit you not, an average of EIGHT MINUTES between drone volleys. Yeah, a 4 second volley was occurring every 8 minutes. Can you imagine what it would be like trying to lock a ship while damped in that? It might very well take a full hour just to get a lock. 2 Megathron kills later four and a half hours had passed and it was time to go get some dinner. I warped to the B170-R gate hoping to escape into a constellation without TiDi, only to stop in a bubble 40km from the gate. In the bubble with me was a Razor zealot fleet, and about 15km away was a NC. Domi fleet. By this point I figured losing my ship would be the fastest ticket out, so I was kinda hoping the Razor fleet would pop me, but they didn't. I turned MWD on, approached gate, and left for dinner. While eating dinner I watched the pre-race show for this past weekend's F1 race. Came back from dinner and I was still 10km from the gate; only 1 min 14 seconds had passed on my system combat timer! I've officially had my fill of large scale fights like that. I'll be sticking to 50 man super ganks from now on... Glad the war is over, don't care we lost. It will be fun having Goons in Fountain since we won't have to roam far to fight people.

Fun Fact: Poitot is the only named system in Syndicate.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2013-07-30 at 06:44 AM.

Just in recently - a GoonSwarm Federation (leading member of the CFC Coalition) Titan (the largest and most powerful class of vessel in the EVE Universe) was "bumped" out of its POS (small stations that orbit moons) and interdicted by Northern Coalition, who jumped in Dreadnought-class capital ships to destroy it. The CFC dispatched triage Carriers to stabilize the dying Titan, and succeeded in landing effective repairs. With the Northern Coalition dreadnoughts trapped in their own warp interdiction fields, the CFC lit a cynosural field and unleashed no fewer than 24 Titans on the helpless Dreadnoughts. The Titans immediately activated their Doomsday weapons (shown in the video by the enormous laser beams / artillery barrages emanating from the giant ships) and destroyed the Dreadnought fleet.

While Northern Coalition can field just as many, if not more, Titans as the CFC, it's still an impressive and rare show of force by the super-capital averse Clusterfuck Coalition.

UPDATE: Capital casualties stand at 18 NC. Dreadnoughts destroyed for the loss of 4 CFC carriers.
    Last edited by Valerean; 2013-07-30 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone else catch the tournament? Good performance from PL

Those final matches were absolutely amazing. I really thought Hydra would pull out the final win, but that Sleipnir ban from PL proved to be the deciding factor that sealed Hydra's fate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I don't want EVE full of LFR level WoW players who think dem spaceshipz look ezmode
    You severely underestimate lfr players. It's actually rather insulting that you associate someone who raids lfr with an idiot that gets distracted by shinny objects.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-08-04 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last fight was amazing to watch.
    Even after Hydra was in lead with 2-0, PL did come back with an amazing comeback

I herd rumors of hydra throwing the tourney

Deleted
    Considering Hydra's strategy seemed to be "Oh, their comp worked, let's steal it" I'm glad they lost!

Bit annoyed my Titan jump bugged out yesterday so I couldn't go blap some structures /sov problems

Deleted
    So, in an eventful few weeks the closure is "Hello my new Goon brothers" :P

does the game run any free weekends anymore?

EVE Valkyrie has been announced:

This was demo'd at Fanfest 2013 using the Oculus Rift VR console, looks pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    EVE Valkyrie has been announced:

This was demo'd at Fanfest 2013 using the Oculus Rift VR console, looks pretty awesome.
    Give me some of that!
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    looking for a efficient way to sustain my acc with plex each month, and earn more for ships as well. currently im farming militia plexes. what else is there to do ??? missions suck anal balls, not worth it.

pirating ? if so, any corps recruiting ???

Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    I hate the Goons...

...added a bit of newbie "swarm" to their fleets...

..."Hello my new Goon brothers"...
    :shobon:

Go post in your welcome thread in GFGBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    looking for a efficient way to sustain my acc with plex each month, and earn more for ships as well. currently im farming militia plexes. what else is there to do ??? missions suck anal balls, not worth it.

pirating ? if so, any corps recruiting ???
    Pirating and Incursions, and possibly planetary interaction if you have a corp with space in null you can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    I posted! Admittedly after it was ok but I did...