Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Eye witness perspective of the infamous Revenant battle last week!

- - - Updated - - -

A more official writeup of the catastrophe: https://www.themittani.com/news/imperium-revenant-sacrificed-mordus-angels-deceived

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    A more official writeup of the catastrophe: https://www.themittani.com/news/impe...ngels-deceived
    Catastrophe ? What ?
    Oh, hi.

Its not really infamous, Its just goons being bads, they couldnt fathom a rev kill on thier kb so they put it in mordus because they are still mega butthurt over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Catastrophe ? What ?
    Over two thousand players fought; almost 200 billion ISK in damages, the fourth ever Revenant kill, and MOA got their reputation sent to hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Over two thousand players fought; almost 200 billion ISK in damages, the fourth ever Revenant kill, and MOA got their reputation sent to hell.
    I don't see anything wrong on MOA side, why do you think this has any impact on their "reputation"? This was just goons being goons and doing pointless crazy stupid stuff.

Looks more like some crazy party than a catastrophe, 2000 persons showed up (not really "fought"), had fun seeing and pewpewing a rare ship and a few other things, and did one of the most stupid troll kill ever just to show how bad they are

10/10 to goons for that (and that comes from someone who used to be in BoB)
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I don't see anything wrong on MOA side, why do you think this has any impact on their "reputation"? This was just goons being goons and doing pointless crazy stupid stuff.
    They got tricked and their killboard just plummeted to legendary levels; they accepted a Revenant that was the victim of a two thousand player killmail. That is humilating!

They got tricked and their killboard just plummeted to legendary levels; they accepted a Revenant that was the victim of a two thousand player killmail. That is humilating!
    Not really, It just shows goons are to pussy to have it on thier lossboard.

So, I've just gotten back into this game after a few years away.

Very pleased with some of the changes.

Dual/Triple Character training for Plex
    Massive Skill queues
    Ship Skins
    Sov Changes

currently on my main getting back into things. My main is training for command ships/finishing t2 weapons across the board while doing incursions with TVP @ 150-200mil isk an hour.

My alt is boosted and training for Incursions also so I can switch my main to pvp while running incursions on alts.

if anyone is looking to play and needs help. give me a shout ingame Squalion Leonhart

30 day trail link is here: https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?...d&action=buddy

if you subscribe I get given a plex and will split with you 50/50 which is about 500mil isk

or if you need help ingame, just gimme a shout.

for new players i highly recommend the game in its current state.

its more noob friendly than ever before, and has some of the best pvp in any mmo ive played.

I recommend first thing you do when you start is to do career agent missions, there is one for everything in game (mining, industry, pve, hacking etc). you will get a lot of ships/items/skill books doing these.
    Last edited by Squalion; 2015-08-13 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squalion View Post
    So, I've just gotten back into this game after a few years away.

Very pleased with some of the changes.

Dual/Triple Character training for Plex
    Massive Skill queues
    Ship Skins
    Sov Changes

currently on my main getting back into things. My main is training for command ships/finishing t2 weapons across the board while doing incursions with TVP @ 150-200mil isk an hour.

My alt is boosted and training for Incursions also so I can switch my main to pvp while running incursions on alts.

if anyone is looking to play and needs help. give me a shout ingame Squalion Leonhart

30 day trail link is here: https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?...d&action=buddy

if you subscribe I get given a plex and will split with you 50/50 which is about 500mil isk

or if you need help ingame, just gimme a shout.

for new players i highly recommend the game in its current state.

its more noob friendly than ever before, and has some of the best pvp in any mmo ive played.

I recommend first thing you do when you start is to do career agent missions, there is one for everything in game (mining, industry, pve, hacking etc). you will get a lot of ships/items/skill books doing these.
    Ah so jaded your view of the game is. At best i give the game another year. CCP keeps on showing they dont have a clue in what the players want or what they need to do. Every single update today has shown that the new pos replacements will not be reffed by dps, so there goes the last use for dreads. With none of the sov timers needing to be dpsed down nor the new replacement for pos's wtf is the point to the countless years and billions of isk me and my corpies have poured into caps and supers? CCP is just know acknowledging that troll ceptors are a problem. Somthing people told them the day they rolled out the devblog. Somthing the peopel who tested the system told them. Localization is still shit. You still need to ship in mexalon. You still can only get one race of ice, you still have to ship in t2 parts to build t2 locally I find myself more and more having to go to jita to ship down to nullsec ice products because the new ice system is just complete ass. So many things wrong right now that need to be fixed but instead of focusing on fixing these things ccp just steams ahead and piles more half broken or bugged or just shit features. The roundtable they had yesterday showed how little they seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Ah so jaded your view of the game is. At best i give the game another year. CCP keeps on showing they dont have a clue in what the players want or what they need to do. Every single update today has shown that the new pos replacements will not be reffed by dps, so there goes the last use for dreads. With none of the sov timers needing to be dpsed down nor the new replacement for pos's wtf is the point to the countless years and billions of isk me and my corpies have poured into caps and supers? CCP is just know acknowledging that troll ceptors are a problem. Somthing people told them the day they rolled out the devblog. Somthing the peopel who tested the system told them. Localization is still shit. You still need to ship in mexalon. You still can only get one race of ice, you still have to ship in t2 parts to build t2 locally I find myself more and more having to go to jita to ship down to nullsec ice products because the new ice system is just complete ass. So many things wrong right now that need to be fixed but instead of focusing on fixing these things ccp just steams ahead and piles more half broken or bugged or just shit features. The roundtable they had yesterday showed how little they seem to care.
    Hm? Dreadnaughts are still supreme anti-Titan heavy gunners; the old sovereignty system was an ass, and the new one is a perfect replacement - sorry about the new way timers work; T2 is designed to be more difficult to build - which includes going to far away sytems to acquire parts. At least Jita has almost everything you need in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Hm? Dreadnaughts are still supreme anti-Titan heavy gunners; the old sovereignty system was an ass, and the new one is a perfect replacement - sorry about the new way timers work; T2 is designed to be more difficult to build - which includes going to far away sytems to acquire parts. At least Jita has almost everything you need in the game.
    Lol me thinks you havnt actually used the new sov system if you say its perfect. If your idea of perfect is chasing down troll ceptors all day and spending an hour saving a system then your deluded. And if dreads only purepose is anti titan wtf is the point. If your not cfc pl or nc. you wont be dropping many titans in combat. And you dont seem to understand that ccp wants to make it so you dont have to import. Thats the reason for the jump changes and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    People whining about interceptors in null are the same people that use to complain about afk cloakers in local. Just keep your D-scan on and have a defence ready if you expect them to show up in your area.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    People whining about interceptors in null are the same people that use to complain about afk cloakers in local. Just keep your D-scan on and have a defence ready if you expect them to show up in your area.
    You mean like all of sov nullsec thats complaining how entosis links should at least be required on bigger hulls and not on frigs? Cloakie camping is a broken mechanic and always has been.

Scott Manley and another one of his superb EVE videos! This is a 360 video, in which you can left-click and drag your mouse on the video to move the camera.

How's webbing bug still in use to slingshot big ships. I found a post from 2007 asking for the fix, looks like the bug got popular.

It was clearly a bug introduced by wrong math with no logic physics explanation that got too convenient to be fixed.

Any chance this will get fixed in a future or is it too convenient to be removed? They made some serious changes to refinement and stuff, this should be looked into, it's wrong from physics p.o.v, imo.

EDIT:
    Actually, forget about it, after a 2nd thought, warp mechanics are so wrong it does not worth discussing it...

Like less mass needs more speed to be warped... WHAT??? This 75% thing was a huge mistake by CCP.

The correct answer is a MASS x SPEED theory, which means smaller faster ships would need less speed to warp than HUGE SHIPS., which is not the case.

You can argue that acceleration would be the correct way to go, but that's not that case either.

They way the mechanics is working is like, ok let me instal this lame propulsion system to with max speed 10Km/h so i can warp faster...

WROOOOOOOOONG. I like my SCI-FI right btw.
    Last edited by edmorte; 2015-08-26 at 11:15 PM.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    How's webbing bug still in use to slingshot big ships. I found a post from 2007 asking for the fix, looks like the bug got popular.

It was clearly a bug introduced by wrong math with no logic physics explanation that got too convenient to be fixed.

Any chance this will get fixed in a future or is it too convenient to be removed? They made some serious changes to refinement and stuff, this should be looked into, it's wrong from physics p.o.v, imo.
    How is it a bug?

Ship needs X% speed to warp and by webbing you reduce the max speed of the ship hence reduce the gap between current speed and X.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    How is it a bug?

Ship needs X% speed to warp and by webbing you reduce the max speed of the ship hence reduce the gap between current speed and X.
    he still thinks physics apply to eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    How is it a bug?

The math might be right, the logic behind it isn't.

It's not the ships speed that is the leading factor, it's the amount of mass and size the ship has, that forces it to speed up before it's allowed to warp. Propelling a motionless object will shred it to pieces. Propelling a moving object in the same direction with the same force, will have reduced 'shredding' effect, up until the point it will just be propelled into warp, without the shredding. The required amount of speed should be in relation to its mass and size, not to its maximum speed.

That said, this can all be explained by 'It's a game'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The math might be right, the logic behind it isn't.

It's not the ships speed that is the leading factor, it's the amount of mass and size the ship has, that forces it to speed up before it's allowed to warp. Propelling a motionless object will shred it to pieces. Propelling a moving object in the same direction with the same force, will have reduced 'shredding' effect, up until the point it will just be propelled into warp, without the shredding. The required amount of speed should be in relation to its mass and size, not to its maximum speed.

That said, this can all be explained by 'It's a game'.
    Yeah I get that it might not be realistic but within the confines of the game mechanics it's not a bug.

Deleted
    It uses the same mechanic as using an Afterburner or MWD to boost your speed then disengage it when you are over the warp threshold, however that way makes much more logical sense.