Poll: Derpy Alliance side groups?

The LFG conundrum.

Just out of curiosity, has anybody else had.. let's say, a 1/5 chance of getting a semi-intelligent group in a random dungeon on Alliance side?
    I've done LFG on my Horde tank, and everyone, even those in fresh-85's gear, knows what to do, don't derp around, and still do great dps!

But, when I go on my Alliance tank, 4/5 groups I get have -no- idea what to do, and have outstanding gear! We usually end up wiping because someone will run into a trash mob, a healer just won't heal, someone won't get out of the fire.. so, what gives? Do I just have really bad luck on Alliance side? Are those on Alliance just generally... not informed? (Maybe a smidge less aware of everything?)

I'm curious to know if anybody else has this "problem"!

HoT heroics are hardly a challenge compared to what original Cata dungeons were as far as mechanics go. I play Ally and I rarely see wipes in the 4.3 runs, but in lower dungeons people are absolutely clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    HoT heroics are hardly a challenge compared to what original Cata dungeons were as far as mechanics go. I play Ally and I rarely see wipes in the 4.3 runs, but in lower dungeons people are absolutely clueless.

That's the scary thing, though. I do the HoT heroics on my Alliance tank, and people seem to act as clueless in there as they did in the 'original' cata heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems to me that the bads are in every category of dungeon. Currently leveling a warlock (lvl 25) and see tanker truck loads of wtf moments, just the same as when i strap on my tank gear and go blood spec and damn near "solo" a normal cata heroic or za/zg heroic. Then there are the HoT heroics where, again in said tank spec/gear im lead dps by a good amount (about 45-55% of the overall damage on single target fights). All i can say is some ppl are able to get by, by never learning proper rotations or viable play style. Other sometimes just dont care or just like slack because they dont have to give the 100% they do during progression. just my thoughts.
    Your Add Here!

The reason is not just that the cata heroics may be harder (which I dont consider them to be), but that the smarter and/or knowledgeable players know how to bypass the ilvl requirement by buying higher ilvl gear (ie via vendors or crafted pvp gear). So essentially, the large portion of the players in cata heroics are either new guys or poor guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope always full of trolls, the other day I was trying to do the Grim Batol dungeon, they still cant do it, ffs, 2 of the dps had full t13, and pulling 10k???? WTF, they kept wiping on the last boss I eventually gave up, FFS get a brain.
    LFG will always be full scrubs and trolls, unless you go with your group, which I highly suggest unless you wanna spend an hour in a dungeon.

Deleted
    lfr on horde seems about 10x worse than the allaince ones i have done EU.
    5 mans are 5 mans. if you can't faceroll then in your valor/honor gear your doing it wrong as the ilevel inflation of honor/valor gear makes them ezmode.

4 out of 5 times you end up with SOME bad players in the group. 4 out of 5 times said "bad players" will respond well to constructive criticism and get a better handle on the mechanics (DPS issues obviously take a little longer to iron out, but the dps benchmarks are so low that it just means when you're tanking YOU have to work for the money.)

So based on my own personal experience, you're just bad at community on Alliance side, and I've done LFG spam on both alliance and horde as tank and have noticed both sides to share the same issues. But the bottom line is that when one or more players in a group start acting like impatient douche bags, bad players will deliberately play worse, whereas a little bit of constructive criticism can go a long way.

For example: "OH MY GOD THE ROGUES IN PVP GEAR WHAT A NOOB GO AWAY NOOB UR A LOSER" right out of the gate, before even the first pull, will cause the rogue to deliberately do low dps.

If the tank links a dps meter after the first trash pull (which, duh, vengeance+cleavage of course the tank is going to top the meters on trash pulls) DPS tend to find that very annoying too.

TLDR, if you treat your group like the enemy, they will become your enemy.

Well there are many baddies, but who cares?

Twilight heroics are easy as hell

Deleted
    You need a thick skin for lfg. Even the 'good' groups find ways to piss me off by being rude or overly cocky. TBH I'd rather have an undergeared/inexperienced group that was trying to make it a decent experience for us all than, for example, an arrogant mage spamming the jump button - running ahead pulling everything with a vocabularly limited to 'go'.

Remember when people actually played together, rather than parallel existence? That was a good day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    You need a thick skin for lfg. Even the 'good' groups find ways to piss me off by being rude or overly cocky. TBH I'd rather have an undergeared/inexperienced group that was trying to make it a decent experience for us all than, for example, an arrogant mage spamming the jump button - running ahead pulling everything with a vocabularly limited to 'go'.

Remember when people actually played together, rather than parallel existence? That was a good day.
    I actually enjoy those groups, assuming they really were limited to only "go" and not anything insulting. Heroics bore me half to death, having speed runs makes them more fun.

Of course to each their own, but to answer the OP - no I haven't noticed a big difference between factions but I also haven't played Alliance during Cata.

Deleted
    I play on both Horde and Alliance, and the experience in both PvP and PvE is completely identical. I encounter as many idiots, dimwits and guys who know what to do on both sides.
    It's just the urban legend that has been around for years, without any clear foundation: Alliance are retarded kids, Horde are uberleet grownups.

Far from it.

On a side note: I suppose I get lucky with LFG, since I get a competent group most of the time. Too bad it's rare to find a group that is both competent and not antisocial.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-04-05 at 03:01 PM.