Thread: Alienware X51

Alienware X51

I know the computer forum is for help on building a computer but im not very tech savvy so i was wondering if the new Alienware X51 is good enough for running all games on ATLEAST medium graphics.

Here's the link: http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x...87&lid=2051283

Medium graphics? Sure, but there are definitely MUCH better computers out there. That thing uses laptop parts.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Medium graphics? Sure, but there are definitely MUCH better computers out there. That thing uses laptop parts.
    ya i know, i need something cheap though. I know i could build a computer for way less but im just lazy or think ill mess something up.

I wouldn't recommend this particular computer unless you really really really want that console sized form factor. Try an online builder like cyberpower, ibuypower or digital storm. I've heard horror stories about ibuypower/cyberpower, but I personally own one and have had no problems. Digital storm is a little bit pricey but I have heard their services are top notch. I have built a few in the past and it is fun, but if you're really sure you don't want to build I'd recommend the dealers I listed above.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

I strongly recommend against getting Alienware. You're paying extra for a name that doesn't mean much anymore. What I recommend is to go to the Alienware site, write down the stats of the computer that interests you, and get that equal computer elsewhere. You can even get it from Dell if you like them (Alienware is Dell+$$$).

Another really good gaming machine company is: http://doghousesystems.com/
    (Note: if you use the offer code GameOn, they will double your memory for free)

Right, this is not the thread to spew bile on any one brand.
    Brand bashing is not allowed.

If you can provide constructive arguments, it's fine. But show manners, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Except that it doesn't, if you knew anything about this machine or even looked at its insides you'd know it uses desktop parts.
    to the TC this thing is perfectly fine for gaming at more than medium settings.