Spine of Deathwing Heroic - 3rd Plate, Kitting as a Feral Bear.

Hey there.

My guild recently lost our normal blood tank for Spine. So I had to go from the Amalgamations to the Bloods, the first time I am on the bloods.

I had some trouble kitting the adds near the end and ended up being overwhelmed by bloods, due to lack of kitting of my part I think.

Does anyone perhaps have any tips on how to kite as a bear on the fight? Perhaps videos etc.

Also, after the nerf, is the kitting actually necessary?

Who is the other tank? Ferals aren't ideal for blood kiting (which is still needed even after the nerf).

The problem is.. the other tank is an alt, which unfortunately is also a druid. Yeah, I know, really not the ideal setup. The guild has killed Spine already though.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it 10 or 25?

Ideally you'd still be trashing/swiping/demo roaring as you loop around the plate to keep your SD up.

What I normally do is start at the plate, make like a big loop at the end (going almost into the grasping tendril at the base) and then rounding out up top, wait for them to catch up to the main plate and have a holy wrath or shadowfury stun them all while you make headway back down. If you don't have either of those available I would pop a CD or ask for a CD every time you are back up at the plate and try to outrun them on your way back down, you can make a big loop (into the tendril pod) like at the base to make the bloods veer off to one side so you don't get gibbed as you cross by them heading back down.

Deleted
    Don't bother with kiting for a long time. We tried that for quite some time with the kite tank loosing aggro to healers getting them raped => wipe. Just save cooldowns for the last tendon and tank them and then start running away when the tendon opens up and kill.

Sorry, it is 10 man.

Hmm.. Thanks for the advice so far. I will try both methods tonight.

I also just wanted to ask, for the standing still tanking for awhile, I am assuming the excess bloods will need to be picked up quite effectively during the rolls in order for it to work or be a possibility?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snorecb View Post
    Sorry, it is 10 man.

Hmm.. Thanks for the advice so far. I will try both methods tonight.

I also just wanted to ask, for the standing still tanking for awhile, I am assuming the excess bloods will need to be picked up quite effectively during the rolls in order for it to work or be a possibility?
    Have your healers stand near you, I assume you're in the same cubby as them to roll, but when you get out, stand by the plate and have them stand on top of you. As long as you are swiping/thrashing it should be a non-issue

Quote Originally Posted by snorecb View Post
    Also, after the nerf, is the kitting actually necessary?
    We don't kite anymore, just kill them all after the nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    We don't kite anymore, just kill them all after the nerf.
    But for progression, this is a little bit hard. We generally have no probs with kiting, but we got a warrior, so...^^

Deleted
    Hey there.
    IF you have to kite wait until you really have to. In order to get less bloods on 3rd plate we kill ALL FOUR corruptions at the last transition. We have our alganation tank Pick up the residues (aka dead bloods) and Right before we Roll we pop most of our defensive CD's and aoe the bloods that are still alive and force the algamations to soak Them up before they fly off.

Also, more dps on algamations is Nice. Then you can drag it in faster and less bloods Will spawn.
    As you can't aggro the bloods that spawn in P3 you should tell the algamation tank to Pick most up.
    Finally, get some potion of swiftness and if you have any LW you should male Them use drums of speed when you Call it.

You could probably try to just focus more on actually removing bloods from the fight when exploding amalgs & sweeping them off during rolls (mainly when exploding them) if you're getting overwhelmed by bloods.

Kiting shouldn't really be even needed at this point and especially with a feral you should just try to find a way around it, on my warrior I do it nowadays only if something fucks up and we happen to have too many bloods up in the end.