Deleted

Random BGs secret rating.

I've noticed they become exceedingly difficult to win after a few wins.

Does that thing exist? Is it officially confirmed? Can such a rating be found?

No, because if you get queued with nine retards every BG and you're a rank 1 glad you get fucked.

But I've noticed in a number of forums you keep starting simple threads...it's sort of...

I've noticed the same thing. But it probably just is a result of people getting more pieces of gear every week.
    I am already (still T1...) gear capped since a long time, and at the beginning all BGs were easy.
    Now I'm playing a lot of BGs for reputation farming, and I've noticed that the teams I play against are better on average, they do more damage and healing and it's rare to find someone with less than 140k HP, which means a lot of people (even the most casuals) by now have their Ruthless set full at least.

Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    Does that thing exist? Can such a rating be found?
    If secret BG rating exist, than different players should have different wait time. More rating = longer queue. U can ask UR friends, if anyone always wait much longer than others - than secret rating exist.

Deleted
    Wasn't there a Q&A where GC(?) said they didn't implement hidden ELO because it would (in their opinion) increase queue times beyond acceptability?

Too bad really, works fine in other games, but those don't have the problem of having to deal with 2 factions.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    If secret BG rating exist, than different players should have different wait time. More rating = longer queue. U can ask UR friends, if anyone always wait much longer than others - than secret rating exist.
    A => B doesn't necessarily mean that B => A.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    Not necessarily. In fact I think the smartest implementation would be that if you have a high win percentage and a decent arena/rbg rating, then you'll be matched with similar players. But it's only a preference. If none are available, you'll be put into the most fitting one after that, and so on. Like a priority list, but if you had to wait too long, you get put in any available one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Not necessarily. In fact I think the smartest implementation would be that if you have a high win percentage and a decent arena/rbg rating, then you'll be matched with similar players. But it's only a preference. If none are available, you'll be put into the most fitting one after that, and so on. Like a priority list, but if you had to wait too long, you get put in any available one.
    My 'feel' about it - i.e. my purely anecdotal evidence, but one that I feel strongly about and see it recurring - is that that 'secret rating' resets every week or even every day. It's not based on gear or arenas or anything like that but simply on what you won that day or not.

And it has a bias to give you easies first.

So if one goes only for '100 conquest a day' and nothing else they'll feel happier about the game because they'll easily win 100 every day.

But, if you want to go for 100 + 50 + 50 + 50 in a row on the same day, you may find it very difficult after the first or second win.

I'm fairly confident about it because it's very common for me to win the first of the day and then much harder to win the 2nd and especially if one reaches a 4th or 5th win.

Notice I have thought the obvious probability of being personal fatigue but I tend to think it's not that for the simple reason in several battlegrounds 1 person can't affect it too much.

edit: By the way, I had a lot of experience in randoms in TBC and WotLK and I believe this is a very recent addition. I only noticed it when I returned to Cata after a break for ICC and part of Tier11.
    Last edited by mmoc156585cbcf; 2012-04-04 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    I've noticed they become exceedingly difficult to win after a few wins.

Does that thing exist? Is it officially confirmed? Can such a rating be found?
    There is such a thing.
    Its called statistics...

A lot of times I log in for the day and lose quite a few before finally winning. So I don't see any hidden daily or weekly rating. You are really just looking into it too much. Success really boils down to how well the group as a whole works together. The moment people start arguing it almost always seems to result in a loss. People also have different goals. Sometimes I will just work towards an achievement or something so I might not be contributing 100% and sometimes it seems like people just go out and fight for killing blows and honor while ignoring the major goal altogether. I just wouldnt try to overthink things too much its just really random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varetti View Post
    Wasn't there a Q&A where GC(?) said they didn't implement hidden ELO because it would (in their opinion) increase queue times beyond acceptability?

Too bad really, works fine in other games, but those don't have the problem of having to deal with 2 factions.
    Queue times would be pretty bad for people with high ratings because there aren't many good players in random BGs :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I took my mage out, not too great geared, but ok. I think i played 12 matches before a win.

It was by no means an easy 100 conquest points.

I also hate my battle group. We seem to be meeting Spanish teams very often, and they communicate a lot better than us. That usually means a loss for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfreeze View Post
    I took my mage out, not too great geared, but ok. I think i played 12 matches before a win.

It was by no means an easy 100 conquest points.

I also hate my battle group. We seem to be meeting Spanish teams very often, and they communicate a lot better than us. That usually means a loss for us.
    Just engage them in a sea battle.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Just engage them in a sea battle.
    Ohhh snap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm full tier 2, have ds hc trinkets and rolling with dtr, currently rank 3 in 3s, rank 1 in 5s and my rbg group is rank 1 on my battlegroup, and whenever I queue up for a random battleground, I usually end up with 9 retards.
    To answer the OP: No, there isn't and will never be a hidden mmr.

My 'feel' about it - i.e. my purely anecdotal evidence, but one that I feel strongly about and see it recurring - is that that 'secret rating' resets every week or even every day. It's not based on gear or arenas or anything like that but simply on what you won that day or not.

And it has a bias to give you easies first.

So if one goes only for '100 conquest a day' and nothing else they'll feel happier about the game because they'll easily win 100 every day.

But, if you want to go for 100 + 50 + 50 + 50 in a row on the same day, you may find it very difficult after the first or second win.

I'm fairly confident about it because it's very common for me to win the first of the day and then much harder to win the 2nd and especially if one reaches a 4th or 5th win.

Notice I have thought the obvious probability of being personal fatigue but I tend to think it's not that for the simple reason in several battlegrounds 1 person can't affect it too much.

edit: By the way, I had a lot of experience in randoms in TBC and WotLK and I believe this is a very recent addition. I only noticed it when I returned to Cata after a break for ICC and part of Tier11.
    Let's say it again, the groups you get queued with are Random, random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    (...)my rbg group is rank 1 on my battlegroup(...)
    Hilarious.

Anyway, it doesn't exist. Discussion's pointless.