Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Pretty amazing trailer. Really want to raid ID, just gotta find a guild that raids in the daytime.... damn nightshifts >_>
    cough cough guild finder coming in 1.8 also. If they make it cross server groundbreaking would be a understatement

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Has anyone revealed how much of ID the testers got to see? Could determine quite a bit for a timetable for a full clear.
    No single guild has tested more than 2 bosses + trash. No guilds have tested Laethys and Maelforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    lol considering the qq fest caused by Hammerknell having bugs and the drama it caused and how Rift got labeled a bug fest ..umm yeah. I saw guilds in each phase of the Maelforge fight just now, so that is a improvement
    Those people fighting in the trailer were internal testers, not actual player guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trion have released the video now in glorious 1080p HD

Woah, you can see the gold coins that make up Laethys swirling around. Awesome.

ID is going to be one of the best experiences in Rift for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    A point I like about their trailers and videos is they actually use real game play footage no smoke and mirrors hyping something that isn't actually in the game. What you see is what you get.

That video came out at the same time as the Gamespot preview of the Earth wing I believe.
    Middle of March sometime iirc.

I've been going over all of these videos frame by frame multiple times in an attempt to glean anything from them.
    Anyone else as compulsive and eager to learn as I am?

Love the 1080p version of the ID trailer though. That Maelforge is a glorious individual.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 2012-04-07 at 12:52 AM.

Only 10k views on the official makes me wonder if the direction Trion is taking the game is the right one. The "WoW crowd" has obviously chosen Blizzard over any competition when it comes to raiding no matter how long they delay the content.

I sort of wonder if time spent on developing raiding is even worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Only 10k views on the official makes me wonder if the direction Trion is taking the game is the right one. The "WoW crowd" has obviously chosen Blizzard over any competition when it comes to raiding no matter how long they delay the content.

I sort of wonder if time spent on developing raiding is even worth it.
    To put it in perspective, the ICC trailer (3.3) currently has 600k views. This is a trailer that's been out for two years, and was released at a time when the game had over 12 million subscribers. The overwhelming majority of players don't pay that much attention to all the assets for the games they play (youtube videos, things on the forums ect). Heck, I'd be surprised if the WoW forums had more than 50k or so active posters. I know the tank boards had few thousand tops, with the overwhelming majority of posts being attributed to the same 1-200 posters (back in LK when I was super active). So, all things considered that's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I know the tank boards had few thousand tops, with the overwhelming majority of posts being attributed to the same 1-200 posters (back in LK when I was super active). So, all things considered that's not bad.
    See I know damn well there is interest in it at least on Deepwood you see tons of request for raids and different stuff. Just hoping there was a bit more interest in something that appears to have a crap ton of time dropped on it.

Looking at the riftMMO YouTube channel there are 15k views for the IGN version which was released first, and 10k views for the official version, so 25k views total over 5 days. I think that's pretty good actually!

For comparison purposes, the 1.6 Ember Isle release video has 22k views after four months, and the Features of Rift video has 40k views after nearly six months. The HK preview video, 1.3 Waves of Madness, has 54k views after ten months and is the most watched video.

To be fair though it's hard to reliably track interest in something through YouTube video's. They are often reuploaded, sometimes under a different name or on another video service.

That ID trailer looks absolutely amazing!

However i do think 7 bosses is too little, without making the raids difficulty curve too steep. After the amazingness that was Akylios (never even got close to him, but saw videos and he looks pretty damn hardcore!) it would be quite dissapointing if Maelforge and Laethys wern't at least as tough. So assuming these 2 bosses will be incredibly difficult, the difficulty curve would have to be very steep with only 5 bosses leading up to them. I think 9 bosses would have been a better idea, so there could have been a few more bosses geared towards lower level guilds to focus their efforts on.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

However i do think 7 bosses is too little, without making the raids difficulty curve too steep. After the amazingness that was Akylios (never even got close to him, but saw videos and he looks pretty damn hardcore!) it would be quite dissapointing if Maelforge and Laethys wern't at least as tough. So assuming these 2 bosses will be incredibly difficult, the difficulty curve would have to be very steep with only 5 bosses leading up to them. I think 9 bosses would have been a better idea, so there could have been a few more bosses geared towards lower level guilds to focus their efforts on.
    Rift is big on mini bosses that have raid mechanics, but are not counted towards the achievement. Vladamal Prime was like that in HK and I thinkkkkk he was added later on to the achievement. I can swear they mentioned at least 3 mini bosses.

Some of these encounters also look like multiple encounters rolled into one boss. The Drusila Blade one is her + the ship.

They did mention Maelforge (and maybe Laethys?) is a multiple stage encounter, with loot distribution between stages. So worse case scenario, it plays out like Deathwing, minus the whole NPCs do the killing. Best case, it means you have 7 bosses + (x) 2nd stage encounters + 3 mini bosses.

You're looking at at least 11 raid events, possibly 12 or 13, depending on how many stages the big 2 bosses have.

I believe it is actually 8 boss encounters, 7 actual bosses. The other boss encounter is Maelforge's Egg's. In addition there is at least 3 minibosses based on the achievements. The minibosses drop mats for some of the new crafted recipes. And you will see some of those minibosses in the upcoming world event for 1.8. Its part of the "saga like" quest chain for 5 man's.

amazing movie by Trion, good job, even tho this new 1.8 wait time is a bit longer then expected, i m sure its worthed!

Dammit. The graphics are insane. The new raid tier gear is intimidating and sick.

I wish I really I were a raider. Damn you, real life.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...need-know.html

Infernal Dawn Arrives Next Week: What raiders need to know!

Hail ascended!

With the release of RIFT 1.8 next week our newest 20-man raid, Infernal Dawn, will make its world-wide debut. At last the rage of Maelforge and Laethys will be unleashed upon Telara – all hope will burn if you fail to contain their fury!

Infernal Dawn’s roll-out will work a bit differently than when we released Hammerknell – for one thing, you don’t have to wait until the end of the World Event, the first round of bosses will be unlocked the minute shards come up after the update. After which, we’ll continue to unlock new encounters within the zone as players progress and are ready for new challenges!

As raiders ourselves, many of us know that it’s easy to get wrapped up in the rush and excitement of new content – but it’s important to us that raiding doesn’t become a burden to you or your friends. Staggering the release of the encounters helps make your experience fresh and fun while keeping it competitive for everyone.

No doubt you want specifics about which bosses & when – Not to worry! We’ll give as much warning as possible when announcing each new release to give you plenty of time to prepare, for now rest up and get ready!

5 likes

James "Elrar" Nichols
    Community Manager
    www.riftgame.com