10+ Year Old Account

Affliction Damage is Low for my Lock? (PVP)

I was going to post my Affliction Warlocks armory but I logged out in my PvE/PvP gear, and not my full PvP gear.

My full PvP gear is a neck, 4 pc, trinket, Bottled Wishes (which I macro to be used when I use Demon Souls for max dps output of 9-10k SP with a bonus 20% dot damage), Blue pvp 377 ring, Ring of the loyal companion, Archivist Gloves, 377 pvp blue; back, wrist, & boots, Ruthless Wand, Demonic Skull (held item off hand), Biting Wind (Main Hand SP item) {Almost got enough Honor for season 10 weapon}

Basically I have a combination of both PvP and PvE items right now. With that, I should have more damage as my haste is sitting around 15.5% as I play in my PvP gear and 17.5% in PvE gear.

But when I set DoTs on none healers with no healers near by to remove them, I'm only doing 15-20k total damage overall to these guys.
    My best example was last night I hit a warrior with: Corruption, Agony, Unstoppable (no haunt because he was on a mount running), Curse of Ele.

He has 194k health and I drop him to 178k health after all dots deal damage.

Is there something wrong with my damage? My buffed SP is 7.3k with trinket can get over 9k but I'm dealing horrible damage.
    I really feel like my lock is just not putting out the damage.
    I have an elemental shamans that I set up for maxing my LB potential and I deal 10k per LB on 4k resilience gear units, and I have 7k SP that can proc up to 9k also.

Without a haunt your dots aren't going to do any damage. You're missing a stack of shadows embrace as well as the haunt debuff which is ~30% damage. In addition unless you were stack channeling a life drain you're not going to see any damage. your dots without haunt represent about 20k total damage. its the refreshed applications and the long term eating. you apply dots to an entire group of people to apply pressure but not to really deal damage.

As an affliction lock you are meant to eat with channels and dots in pvp, never really do you kill unless its twos and you have a healer in which case you eat at both until they drop.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

you must get used to spread damage in PvP as a Warlock. get UA/Corr/BoA on nearby enemies (soul swap on cooldown to help this), spread your fears and pet silences around like a madman. use your haunt and nightfall procs to build up shadow embrace on your future 'kill' target and use your felpup to peel off their buffs. when the time comes to kill demon soul/trinket, get dots rolling, haunt him, start to drain life and use drain soul under 25% for execute damage that can't be LoS.

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 08:01 PM ----------

also, full 403 pvp geared Warlocks are sitting on ~10k spell damage, you are much lower than them. keep farming your gear, you can be around 9k or so in 390 honor gear. try to get a Rathrak from Deathwing, it is very nice for Affliction.

Deleted
    Affliction next to being damn squeeshy has a lot of "hidden" damage boosters. Such as haste caps for your dots. For instance at X haste your corruption will tick once more in the same duration. X haste for agony etc there is a kind of softcap. Now next to that, if you look at the s11 pvp gear you see that the shoulder hands and belt have + 10 intellect bonus when correctly gemmed. So its better to gem +50 intell cos when you are fully pvp geared you'll have around 4.8-5k res. Adding more res will be like this; for instance 50 more res by gemming means 0.5% damage reduction but it declines at that high rate to like 0.44% damage red. So stacking resistance loses the value against stacking intellect. Intellect get boosts from 5% nethermancy and that will again get multiplied by you haunt/mastery etc. Hit cap > haste > mastery > crit so keep this in mind, reforge every crit stat to haste... For the haste soft caps you should google em

And for a gear goal; look at this mofo; http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...snutz/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc79582ce235; 2012-04-04 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going off and getting the Legendary Staff wouldn't be useful for Affliction correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    Going off and getting the Legendary Staff wouldn't be useful for Affliction correct?
    yes it will and a Cunning of the Cruel and then u start to see real damage in PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    Rathrak from Deathwing is as good as the Legendary for Affliction PvP and the heroic version is better.