Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No surprise here. EA is a complete joke.

EA might suck, but all they really do is bring mediocre gaming content, there is no trickery or corruption there. Unfortunately there are companies that are actually quite...evil...for lack of a better word that deserve more attention for how corrupt they are. General Electric for example...look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    Seriously, Apple should have won that one,
    atleast EA doesn't abuse it's personel like that shitty company does.
    At least EA is not a religion calling its shopkeepers "geniuses" overpricing their products by 500% or more.
    Ah, to completely not understand something must be really nice, huh? Gotta love these forums, where people can put their 2 cents in without any knowledge of what they're talking about.

OT - As said before this poll, if this was on a more popular site I'm sure the results would be different. Obviously more people that browse the internet are going to be affected by a game company than a bank. In their respective fields I would say both are just as bad, but obviously compared side by side on which is worse, Bank of America takes the cake.

Nexon. That is all. I don't care if they're Korean; the real tragedy is their NA branch.

These popularity things really never have any proper context, just some bandwagon rage. There are businesses doing much worse things than simply overcharging and releasing mediocre products.

EA is to games what Deathstar is to planets
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

People need a bit of perspective if they really think EA is the worse company of america.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Nexon. That is all. I don't care if they're Korean; the real tragedy is their NA branch.

These popularity things really never have any proper context, just some bandwagon rage. There are businesses doing much worse things than simply overcharging and releasing mediocre products.
    Agreed. Their Customer Service and security make EA's look good.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    lol 250,000 votes? that's like not even a 10th of thw amount of people who use origin/buy from EA. I have no problem with EA. I buy games i really enjoy, i don't care who it's from as long as they're good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised Ubisoft didn't win. I hate having to ALWAYS be online and have a Ubisoft account just to play a game

Quote Originally Posted by Adonkavic View Post
    I'm surprised Ubisoft didn't win. I hate having to ALWAYS be online and have a Ubisoft account just to play a game
    You're surprised a French company didn't win the "Worse company in America" competition?

And besides the whole argument is silly.You can always pirate EA games you don't want to pay through the ass for.You can't pirate your mortgage though the Internets.

Next time,people,vote for the bloody bank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ha, no surprise. They went from being one of my childhood favorites to just the worst company ever for me. Most of the voters from the poll probably voted for that due to the whole Mass Effect 3 thing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why people are getting all butt hurt that BofA didn't win... both companies are trash its just EA had the spot light on it for the time being. That doesn't mean BofA got better it just means something else has the public's ire at this time. Chill out and relax, its not like this pole would of changed BofA in anyway if they had won. Come on as was stated before they have been the winner for 3 years in a row.... I am pretty sure they know by now they suck.

So. From a list of companies that are known to completely ruin people's lives or keep them working under slave-like conditions, people choose... A video game company. This world sure has it's priorities straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is EA managed to piss off alot more people outside the US aswell, Origin is a complete joke and the mass effect /dragon age 2 urgh. I use to respect Bioware and activly pursue buying their games on release, now i just wait for bargin bins gg
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So. From a list of companies that are known to completely ruin people's lives or keep them working under slave-like conditions, people choose... A video game company. This world sure has it's priorities straight.
    Well there have been times where EA actually has done some of that. Look at how many bugs there are in the more recent EA releases compared to games in the past. Obviously the game developers were pushed for time by EA to the point where they can't even do proper playtesting to find those bugs in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    With BofA you can always go to another bank if they're giving you trouble. Or do your research and not go to them in the first place.

With EA, they hold a monopoly of multiple sport franchises. They also buy up any competitor they can, and when they have them, it's for good. It's not like you can go play Activision's NFL Game. Or CD Projekt's Dragon Age 2.
    This is another big thing. It's not like there's another actual life simulation game that is not called The Sims that is out there.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-04-05 at 08:19 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

They must be proud of themselves.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Well there have been times where EA actually has done some of that.
    known to completely ruin people's lives or keep them working under slave-like conditions,
    Look at how many bugs there are in the more recent EA releases compared to games in the past.
    Perspective.

You lack it.
    Last edited by stumpy; 2012-04-05 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    C'mon, man... if they lost even 1 dollar, they would be forced by investors to go into receivership. The real world would like a word with you.
    What? Checking EA financial statements is actually easy and their results are in the toilet for quite some time now:
    http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:EA&fstype=ii
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    Seriously, Apple should have won that one,
    atleast EA doesn't abuse it's personel like that shitty company does.
    At least EA is not a religion calling its shopkeepers "geniuses" overpricing their products by 500% or more.
    That anyone beat out Bank of America kinda says a lot about the kind of people participating in that poll.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not American and my economy is alright right now so I voted EA I hadn't even heard of Bank of America until the poll.