Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskmo View Post
    Since hunters are losing their weapons in the expansion I feel that it could go either way. Shaman/Monk or Druid/Monk
    If there was any kind of Agil melee legendary I'd say blizz would throw in an activate that lets you split the weapon in half and dual wield... Monks have a choice of using a 2h staff(or polearm) or dual wielding it, druids using the 2h variant, and enh shammies using the dual wield... They've added weapons that become other weapons before, and it just feels right if they were going to give any kind of melee agil legendary.

not the forum for it and off topic, but i had random inspiration about it... Meh

Why do people ask questions like this in forums all the time? It's a game, play it if it's fun. And you won't know whether its fun and/or does competitive DPS until MoP goes live and you get a chance to actually play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If they want to make a class-specific Legendary, they'll make it class-specific, like they have with the majority of Legendaries post-Vanilla. It would be easy to exclude Rogues just by having a class tag that said "Shaman/Monk".
    What you said is totally correct but, minor point, the Rogue Legendaries don't have a Rogue only tag IIRC, it's not necessary since the quest chain itself is Rogue-only. I imagine they'd do the same if they decide to make future class specific legendaries.

Moving servers for MoP out of:

DK, enhance, ret/prot, warr, druid, rogue i'm definitely taking dk, enhance and pally with me so far. Enhance hasn't had a massive root and branch overhaul but key things we asked for were given and there's time for more yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Hunters won't have melee weapons in MoP.
    I'd forgotten about that. Could go with a pair of fist weapons for Druids, Monks, Shaman....that'd be nice. They'd have to teach Druids to dual wield then....oh well.

Enhancement doesn't look like it's changing all that much, the new elemental forms give us a new cooldown and we don't have to play the 'where did I put my totems' game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurotakai View Post
    If there was any kind of Agil melee legendary I'd say blizz would throw in an activate that lets you split the weapon in half and dual wield... Monks have a choice of using a 2h staff(or polearm) or dual wielding it, druids using the 2h variant, and enh shammies using the dual wield... They've added weapons that become other weapons before, and it just feels right if they were going to give any kind of melee agil legendary.
    I think you are right about that. With a new class, it's almost a guarantee that they will get a legendary just like DK's had access to Shadowmourne. And with Monks having access to both staff and DW with fist weapons being their specialty, it would make sense that the legendary would be able to switch between a Staff or Fist weapon.

What you said is totally correct but, minor point, the Rogue Legendaries don't have a Rogue only tag IIRC, it's not necessary since the quest chain itself is Rogue-only. I imagine they'd do the same if they decide to make future class specific legendaries.
    Well yea, the quest being rogue only is basically the same thing. The twin glaives were restricted to only warrior or rogue. If they have a legendary in MoP, it will probably be a regular weapon (only lootable by specific classes), that you can go on a quest for to turn into legendary or something....similar to rogues. Then at the end you can choose Staff or Fist, and convert them anytime by going back to the quest npc or some kind of "on use" effect.

My guess is it will be restricted to Monks, Druids, and Shaman. Would be interesting if the Staff has a variation with caster stats, then it could be used by ele/resto as well. To be honest though I hope not, they already got a legendary staff this xpac so I kinda hope it will be agil only.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurotakai View Post

not the forum for it and off topic, but i had random inspiration about it... Meh
    Love this Idea, worth making a second forum post about it haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about the same thing.

Still be able to turn into ghost puppy
    Still be able to cast spells at range (and while moving) unlike many melee classes
    Still have Spirit wolf and all their utility

not having to worry about static buff totems

I'm keeping my shaman around, and leveling a monk because I saw what happened with WOTLK and I want to be on the forefront this time around.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Refiend12 View Post
    So i have (after a few weeks of grinding) achieved to make a lvl 85 shaman and was so excited to play him as enhancement but after hearing and researching the current path and totem reforms that blizz will implement in MoP, should i try to continue and make my shaman or make him a lost cause?
    way way WAY too early in the beta to be making any guess as to how YOU will like it. Such as I felt they borked over enhancement with Cata it lost the feel that I liked, so I just went elemental. Now I have tried out beta for about 10 min the other night on my ele shaman and not sure if I like what they did there but I will spend the weekend testing it out to see whats up. Then test it some more, and then test again.

Just don't turn into a FOTM re-roller, give it some time to see where things go.

If you like the class you'll stay loyal to it ... no matter if it is good or bad to play ... each patch can turn the balance upside down, as seen on 4.3, etc ...
    The class you like best is the one you will play better than the guy who is playing the fotm class ... If you are always looking what is better on other classes you are blind at what you are good at ... find the joy in your class and master it!

ENHANCEMENT FOR LIFE! (even though monk looks nice - could make a pitfigher char)

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Same rotation as Cataclysm? Check
    Still no resource? Check
    Still using Searing Totem? Check
    Still no Feral Spirit scaling? Check
    Still no gap closer? Check
    Still no Execute? Check
    Still no Mortal Strike? Check
    Still hard-casting? Check
    Still helpless against melee? Check
    Still 40%+ passive damage? Check

So far, they've fixed our "no DPS cooldown" problem, and that's about it. I'll have to see how beta pans out, but I don't see them fixing half of these problems before release. That's just the way Shaman has been dealt with for the past 3 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newber View Post
    Still no resource? Check
    Still no Execute? Check

So far, they've fixed our "no DPS cooldown" problem, and that's about it. I'll have to see how beta pans out, but I don't see them fixing half of these problems before release. That's just the way Shaman has been dealt with for the past 3 expansions.
    Wrong.
    Wrong.
    So?
    Not even able to test it at 90 so making claims you can't verify.
    Enhancement has a lot of gap closers.
    So?
    So?
    Not remotely confirmed.
    Wrong.
    Not remotely confirmed, and not a problem even if it's true.

Do not troll by inventing a host of non-problems and QQing that Blizzard isn't fixing them.

Deleted
    Until you have beta access and can decide for yourself if enchance have changed enough/to much there isnt much we could tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no resource? Check
    Still no Execute? Check

-Rotation is perfect, anything more would make it clunky and hectic. People already complain we have too much extra stuff to push with new totems (a dumb complaint imo).
    -We got mana, and its limited. So thats a resource. Asking for something like energy is just being asked to limit yourself more. I prefer enhance being simple yet effective.
    -Searing totem....does good dps, I'm guessing your complaining about Searing flames and that I can agree with, but if the AI gets fixed it won't be too much trouble.
    -Feral spirits is still a problem I agree, needs better scaling with AP along with using our crit and haste, plus dynamic scale not snapshot.
    -No INSTANT gap closer maybe, but we got ranged root and gwolf for extra mobility. It works, not everyone can have charge.
    -Execute would be nice, I suggested ES do more damage at <30% to give a little more burst to help finish someone off. Not exactly a huge issue since we do have LL for bursty damage and purge to remove shields that people use as a last defense like hand of prot. Got offensive cds for pressure too.
    -We don't really need MS, purge removes plenty of buffs and wind shear can stop heals even at range.
    -Maybe, not sure bout this. Nothing really done to enforce using MW5 only at 5 stacks, but we prob won't have as many gaps anymore with our new cds and totems.
    -Plenty of defenses now, bulwark sounds useful for melee, we are going to be master kiters with frost shock root at any range
    -Prob every melee class has like 30-40% passive damage, as long as most of our damage is active its not an issue. Less passive damage means even less benefits from haste and cds like blust.

Few things Enhance could really use tho:
    -GCD of totems and imbues at 1 sec instead of 1.5
    -Buff mana regen, and reduce mana cost of all spells/abilities/totems
    -Feral spirits scale dynamically instead of snapshot, use AP plus our crit and haste
    -Searing totem and Feral spirits AI improved
    -Make haste more effective, esp when using cds like blust or EM (new UF for WF might help this w/ static shock on melee attacks)
    -MW5 being top priority again. My suggestion would be to give a passive "when you consume a full 5stack MW5, you will reduce the cd of Feral spirits by 2sec, and Ascendence by 3 sec". This would make it something you want to use asap, but not really increase the damage of LB so not dependent on it for good damage in pvp, or make our dps too strong in general meaning something else would need to be nerfed

Optional:
    -Give us stronger periodic damage with flame shock, and ES does more damage at <30%
    -Searing Flames stack from flame shock instead of Searing totem

Wrong.
    Wrong.
    So?
    Not even able to test it at 90 so making claims you can't verify.
    Enhancement has a lot of gap closers.
    So?
    So?
    Not remotely confirmed.
    Wrong.
    Not remotely confirmed, and not a problem even if it's true.

Do not troll by inventing a host of non-problems and QQing that Blizzard isn't fixing them.
    Can I just post my thoughts without being reprimanded? Who exactly am I trying to troll by saying the problems I have with the class?

I'll have to see how beta pans out
    Skimmed right over that qualifier, did ya? I shared my grievances with the class design. I acknowledge they made some fixes. I'm saying *at this point in beta*, they have changed Enhancement enough to suit my tastes.

Can I just post my thoughts without being reprimanded? Who exactly am I trying to troll by saying the problems I have with the class?

Skimmed right over that qualifier, did ya? I shared my grievances with the class design. I acknowledge they made some fixes. I'm saying *at this point in beta*, they have changed Enhancement enough to suit my tastes.
    Someone needs to vent a little, give him some space :P

On another note, we managed without those things and we can still manage without ( Exe, MS, INSTANT Gap closer and so no) But What I do agree with you about and am actually worried won't get looked into is the rotation, I like new expansion because they are complete refreshers, I'd like a different rotation(Endus said wrong, but not sure based on what) I have a feeling they will rework MW and we will be different then though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    On another note, we managed without those things and we can still manage without ( Exe, MS, INSTANT Gap closer and so no) But What I do agree with you about and am actually worried won't get looked into is the rotation, I like new expansion because they are complete refreshers, I'd like a different rotation(Endus said wrong, but not sure based on what) I have a feeling they will rework MW and we will be different then though
    I personally really like the rotation, except that MW5 is not top priority. If that were fixed (check my suggestion for that above), then I would say the rotation is perfect.

AOE could use a little work though. I personally think it should be easier to execute, as well as not rely on LL to spread Flame shock. My suggestion for that is this:

"FN will now spread Flame shock to 4 targets instead of LL, and you can use FN twice before triggering it's CD"

Our typical aoe rotation looks like this: FLS>LL>FN
    But with the change it would be this: FLS>FN>FN

Still takes 3 gcds, but now you get 2 aoe spells in that time, instead of one aoe and one single target burst. Also, FN is only on a 4 sec cd compared to LL's 10, as well as being an aoe spell to spread your aoe dot and not a single target spell spreading aoe dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I personally really like the rotation, except that MW5 is not top priority. If that were fixed (check my suggestion for that above), then I would say the rotation is perfect.

AOE could use a little work though. I personally think it should be easier to execute, as well as not rely on LL to spread Flame shock. My suggestion for that is this:

"FN will now spread Flame shock to 4 targets instead of LL, and you can use FN twice before triggering it's CD"

Our typical aoe rotation looks like this: FLS>LL>FN
    But with the change it would be this: FLS>FN>FN

Still takes 3 gcds, but now you get 2 aoe spells in that time, instead of one aoe and one single target burst. Also, FN is only on a 4 sec cd compared to LL's 10, as well as being an aoe spell to spread your aoe dot and not a single target spell spreading aoe dot.

I love the ideas, both the AoE and the MW , frankly the reducce cd by x seconds mechanic is quite fun and interactive

I just hope that Blizz actually does something about MW, now I'm not so sure, we haven't heard a thing so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I just post my thoughts without being reprimanded?
    When many of them are factually wrong? No, you can't. Just as an example, the rotation ISN'T the same as in Cataclysm; there are several new cooldowns being brought in, and we haven't gotten a chance to test scaling on anything to see if there are further changes in priority.

As for the second; mana absolutely IS a resource, especially when many reports from the PTR are that mana generation is much reduced for Enhancement.

There's legitimate criticism, and then there's stating things that are demonstrably, factually wrong, and part of my job as a moderator is to not allow the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    I love the ideas, both the AoE and the MW , frankly the reducce cd by x seconds mechanic is quite fun and interactive

I just hope that Blizz actually does something about MW, now I'm not so sure, we haven't heard a thing so far.
    Yea, they would be a simple fix for some of the more obvious issues with the spec. I think the reduce cd mechanic is pretty cool too, it worked for Ele and EM and would def work for us too. If you happen to be in the beta, you can do me a favor and post these suggestions for me lol.

Not sure if Blizz is gonna do anything else for MW5, they gave us 200% spell crit which might be enough in their minds. That alone is not gonna move it up in priority over SS or LL so something else is needed. The cd reduction mechanic is the only thing I can think of that would boost priority without having to actually buff the damage to compete with SS or LL, doing that would put us back to wotlk and too much emphasis on passive damage, or stuff that procs from passive damage.

As for the second; mana absolutely IS a resource, especially when many reports from the PTR are that mana generation is much reduced for Enhancement.
    I think that we were for the most part expecting a resource revolving around MW, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Yea, they would be a simple fix for some of the more obvious issues with the spec. I think the reduce cd mechanic is pretty cool too, it worked for Ele and EM and would def work for us too. If you happen to be in the beta, you can do me a favor and post these suggestions for me lol.

Not sure if Blizz is gonna do anything else for MW5, they gave us 200% spell crit which might be enough in their minds. That alone is not gonna move it up in priority over SS or LL so something else is needed. The cd reduction mechanic is the only thing I can think of that would boost priority without having to actually buff the damage to compete with SS or LL, doing that would put us back to wotlk and too much emphasis on passive damage, or stuff that procs from passive damage.
    Not in the beta yet

Also I have a question about SF, since it stacks before LL comes off CD, would it be an issue if hypothetically the mechanic was removed the damage implemented in LL, it would make it easier for PvP, and target switching.

The only time it would be an increase to the current model dps-wise is:
    1- The very first LL in a fight.
    2- Target switching.

Which is not really game breaking.