Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    550,000+ players across just "4" servers?

This doesn't seem like a bad idea to anyone else? o.O

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people are getting their invites, but... *scratches head*
    I read somewhere that the servers can hold upwards of 400k people, so...

550,000+ players across just "4" servers?
    And only one US PvE server lol. It is so crowded its just madness, in both the 85 zone and the monk starter area. I wouldnt recommend it if youre a person who easily gets frustrated.

Blizzard is giving us just what we asked for, and theyre probably laughing about it.

Just got my invite, Account is active since April 2006 and I got the AP early december.

Leveled a monk to 11 just now and the server seemed pretty stable to me, had no problems connecting or any lag to speak off.

Deleted
    Frack MoP beta GIEF Diablo 3 invite !

Just got my beta invite this morning. Thank you Bliz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrumps View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4363776396

this clearly says they arent just pooling from AP users. Not that I am surprised. But I am running out of patience. I know the wave is supposed to go out over the next 24 hours but You can be pretty certain that They all went out pretty much immediately. so. any of you gotten one just show up in your f5 spamming?
    now that is some bullshit....*about the not just using the pass people*
    Just to quell the presumed outrage, here's an older blue post:

Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Ok, so the people that say they are in but have not signed up for the AP (or just signed up recently) are trolling? Just wanted a confirmation on this, because I have seen posts saying otherwise.

If someone is in the beta it is because:

-They're press or work on an official fansite
    -Are friends/family of a Blizzard employee
    -Bought the Dell laptop that comes with beta invites
    -Purchased the Annual Pass

There have been no opt-in invites.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negai View Post
    And only one US PvE server lol. It is so crowded its just madness, in both the 85 zone and the monk starter area. I wouldnt recommend it if youre a person who easily gets frustrated.

Blizzard is giving us just what we asked for, and theyre probably laughing about it.
    I know, I tried it a couple weeks ago, and it was just absolute madness, as you say. I dare not imagine what it's like with another 2-300,000 more players crammed into the same number of servers. I was actually looking forward to helping test, but... screw that. There's masochism and then there's masochism.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I read somewhere that the servers can hold upwards of 400k people, so...
    That may well be true, but how much can you actually test (remember, it's a beta, not a demo) when you're shoulder-to-shoulder with 300+ other players (and I'm lowballing that #), and you're all trying to do the same quest? (see: burning the scroll quest in the Pandaren starter area)
    There's a point where things just start to get ridiculous, and that happens way before 400,000 concurrent players...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroskillz View Post
    You just don't get it do you? Ofc people will think this way and I don't blame em...

When you get as big as blizzard, it's stupid to think otherwise!

Kinda like the same thing when you've been working for the same company for ages, you will be feeling entitled to promotions, raises, health insurance etc etc. I know I woulda been very disapointed if some random dude just came along and got my promotion outta the blue..
    They said that these are factors to be considered when they choose who gets into beta first and who not. I can assure you that there will be much more factors which they have to check to determine who is the right one to get into beta so that they get the data needed.

To come to your example. If some random dude gets a promotion before some senior worker then he has done something that makes him a better fit for the new job.

Has anyone who just got their invite today able to actually log in to any of the servers? I can't even get in the ones that say "low" pop. Just get stuck on the connecting part. The beta is 50% installed and playable. I'm just guessing it's from the huge wave of new people. I am not surprised but I guess I had hoped with an hour of trying to log on I'd atleast get a sniff of the beta. I'll keep trying all throughout the early morning. I am just so hyped I'll probably be up all night trying to get in.

Congratulations to EVERYONE that got in and good luck to everyone on getting in in this wave!!! I have a week of spring break starting tomorrow so I can only hope that I get my invite soon. If so I will game so hard! THANKS BLIZZARD FOR THE INVITES!!! GL everyone again. PS: If anyone got into beta that started playing around 2009 to 2010, please message me or respond to this comment! Awesome news.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    I know, I tried it a couple weeks ago, and it was just absolute madness, as you say. I dare not imagine what it's like with another 2-300,000 more players crammed into the same number of servers. I was actually looking forward to helping test, but... screw that. There's masochism and then there's masochism.

That may well be true, but how much can you actually test (remember, it's a beta, not a demo) when you're shoulder-to-shoulder with 300+ other players (and I'm lowballing that #), and you're all trying to do the same quest? (see: burning the scroll quest in the Pandaren starter area)
    There's a point where things just start to get ridiculous, and that happens way before 400,000 concurrent players...
    Who says this is the actual beta? This could just all be a public fecad, and they could be doing their own internal beta to test that we're not even aware of. I would have believed this was a true beta, except for the urgency and quickness of getting people on them. how the hell does blizzard go through 1 million+ people of test data? 99% of it is just white noise, while 1% is valid data.

The zones they've released? they're done. there is little to nothing to test on em, What happened to 2 weeks ago, when 5/7 zones were done? oh wait, they're still being test internally, so than they can release to the general public on the "beta." Are things buggy? yes. Is the content that's been released done yet? Yes.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2012-04-05 at 04:53 AM.

Been playing since 1/17/06 with only a few month break. AP activated on 10/24/2011. Still no invite.

Got mine, wow Nov. 2006, ap 5 days after it was available.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still no invite, created account during 05' summer, altough i signed for annual 2months ago :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Beta was already barely playable, with gfx lag, icons loading for 10+ seconds when I opened any bag or anything that's related to UI. I could even see the drawing of background texture of quest' giver text. Disconnections quite common, sometimes you cannot even use professions, as if server do not recognize the player/client command. Sometime game even shutters every 3 - 5 sec with ¨~ 3 sec pauses in between.

<sigh>

Being in EU with 400ms lag and above "problems". Beta is just not worth it!

this is just insane....i never thought they would do it this fast! good for AP'rs, bad for servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    I wonder how many people will go on the server more than a few times lol.
    Precisely my thinking.

There isn't a lot of content out to test right now, a lot of things are broken and all there is to do, really, is to level a monk.... and even then? Monk skills aren't appropriating evenly across levels. They are a PAIN to level right now.

There really isn't much worth doing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Just got my invite

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got in! Just my luck it's right before the weekend where I'll be stuck doing a craptonn of stuff

Started playing first day of '07 and I have over 30 months paid. No invite.

WTF.