Question Gaming Rigs, Price comparisons, curiousity and a plea for help?

So, I'm looking for a new computer. However, I'm not computer savvy by any particular means. So, I was looking at this rig on Cyberpower, and liked what I saw price/performance wise. However, I've read a lot of horror stories about Cyberpower/Ibuypower, but can't seem to find anything priced comparatively. So, ladies and gentlemen, I turn to you. I doubt I could build my own, I don't know what is compatible with what, and don't know all the pieces, etc. Do any of you know of any better options in a similar price range?

Budget is anywhere from $800-$1000, and I live in Canada.

Here is the Rig I was looking at:
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage (Black Color)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2550K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant

Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 3CI (All Venom OC Certified)

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [-55] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

I'm looking to run games like Diablo 3, and GW2 at (ideally) very high/ultra settings. I'd also prefer an intel processor, as I've heard bad things about AMD/ATI ones.
    Thanks for any assistance, I appreciate it.

6850 is not enough, Ivy Bridge is here in less than a month, and generic PSUs are always a bad idea.

Am I allow to post links from Official wow forums that has the User Help Guide to Computer buying? Asking before I start posting it, but there will always be horror stories about these sites. I didn't get the chance of getting terrible luck with them so I wouldn't know.

You can go with the 650 80+ cosair psu instead since Cyberpowerpc kind of forces you to get something higher than 500.

Just a question Chuad, but I thought a 6850 is more than enough for high at least for d3? Have a guildy running a 6770 at high/ultra on beta right now.

It isn't enough for GW2 I would imagine, and isn't enough to max MoP.

There are plenty of horror stories about ibuypower/cyberpower, but they are the best bang for the buck that I have come across.

http://www.valkyrie-creations.com/

Does anyone know if this site is reputable or not?
    It seems to have some pretty decent deals going on.

Considering they just bought that domain 4 days ago, I am curious as to how you came across it.

Don't remember exactly where I found the link. Somewhere on this forum, was poking around threads doing my research.

Yeah, it was mentioned in this thread the other day, else I'd be pretty skeptical too. Edit: And here too.

There's also http://ironsidecomputers.com/, a couple different forum users have had good luck buying from there I guess.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-06 at 12:08 AM.

On the topic of that site, I've got my eyes on one of their builds.
    What does the general community think of this?
    http://www.valkyrie-creations.com/pr...-gaming-system

I would say that is quite good...
    its almost as if they don't charge you for putting it together.
    Hope they include warrenties

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although I think it says they ship to Canada and other countries, the one thing to pay attention to is price conversion and customs charges. Not to mention a higher shipping charge.

other things to note:
    Looks to me as though they aren't charging for assembly
    adding it to the cart and calculating shipping comes up with free shipping. The other day I checked it out shipping was $12.98. That's way too low for oversize packages, AFAIK. They can't get the same shipping deals Newegg gets.
    The site mentions nothing about warranties.
    They're selling 1tb Caviar black for $108, don't know anywhere that sells it for that price not even distributors, but they list a 1tb Barracuda for $133.

I'm all for giving the little guys a chance, and new companies, but it looks like the site was just thrown up there and they aren't ready to take orders. Those prices are most likely to dramatically change.

You could always take those components and have NCIX build it for you. In the case of the last build you linked, I'd swap out the PSU for something different and the 560TI for a 7850.

Been talking to either the tech support, or the owner, depending on how large of a business the Valkyrie site is. They seem knowledgeable so far, and have answered quickly, despite me not having ordered anything. If I do decide to go through them, I'll let you gents know how it goes. Any other advice for me, computer buying wise?
    Even with international shipping, the same components in NCIX are considerably more expensive.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have dealt with CyberPowerPC twice and I have had no issues with them. The biggest problem I have run into is the lack of customization of parts and the fact that they don't label which brands you are getting.