Lovebird mount -- shouldn't the price be going back up?

Back during the Valentine's event I got 2 of the lovebird mounts and have been holding onto them to sell until the price goes back up. They were orginally selling for 100k for the first few days but soon after the easy farming methods were common knowledge the price was driven down to about 15k due to the massive amounts of them being obtained.

I've been checking the price every now and then and it's only been going further and further down, less than 8k each atm. There's also still 2 whole pages of them.

I don't understand, with all the ones being sold surely they should be becomming more and more rare and thus the price going back up? I was sure the price would rise after it stopped being obtainable.

Should I just dump them in the AH now and get what I can?

10+ Year Old Account
    there was farmed so many its not even funny, a friend of mine got 2 26 bags in the bank full of those silly birds, just dump them and get what you can, chances are most people wanting the mount got it by now anyway so it will just continue to drop

With the announcement of account-wide mounts, the motivation for people to collect mounts on multiple characters is pretty much gone. Your best bet to get over 15k will likely be in the month before and after MoP launches as that's when many of the people who quit and plan to come back will return.
    CPU - Intel i5-2500k w/Corsair H50 * MB - ASUS P67 Pro
    RAM - 8GB Mushkin PC-1600 * GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB
    SSD - Crucial M4 120GB SATA3 * HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Back during the Valentine's event I got 2 of the lovebird mounts and have been holding onto them to sell until the price goes back up. They were orginally selling for 100k for the first few days but soon after the easy farming methods were common knowledge the price was driven down to about 15k due to the massive amounts of them being obtained.

I've been checking the price every now and then and it's only been going further and further down, less than 8k each atm. There's also still 2 whole pages of them.

I don't understand, with all the ones being sold surely they should be becomming more and more rare and thus the price going back up? I was sure the price would rise after it stopped being obtainable.

Should I just dump them in the AH now and get what I can?

Sell them in MoP imo.

well it was an easy moun t to get and anyone with a shit load of alts cold had them so not suprisisng its a low as it is and this week end easter event is no different.. gona be a scheap to get. so my advise.. sell now wile its at a good price or kill ur self later
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Deleted
    There are so many speculators today that speculations are becoming worse and worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    the market got horribly flooded since they were so easy to farm, the price will almost never be high on those, coupled with the fact it is a terrible mount yeah

A has been said, it was hardly difficult to farm the bird, and it's not very cool-looking (It's hard to look all tough and strong when you ride a pink mutant ostrich), everybody who wants it has a lovebird by now and Account-wide mount announcement killed any motivation for people to get it on more than one character.

Your best bet is to hold on to it until MoP, people who return to the game for that might want to buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    the market got horribly flooded since they were so easy to farm, the price will almost never be high on those, coupled with the fact it is a terrible mount yeah
    Hey lets not get carried away here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    With the announcement of account-wide mounts, the motivation for people to collect mounts on multiple characters is pretty much gone. Your best bet to get over 15k will likely be in the month before and after MoP launches as that's when many of the people who quit and plan to come back will return.
    Source for account wide mounts?

the demand is next to nil atm. most people who wanted it got it. wait till mists and sell it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallok View Post
    Source for account wide mounts?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...MoP-Screenshot

Its one of the bullets under the general tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...MoP-Screenshot

Its one of the bullets under the general tab.
    Thanks. 10char